PDA

View Full Version : What happen to Extra Evening Hours at Animal Kingdom?

CanadaLovesDisney
03-30-2011, 11:30 PM
I was very disappointed to find out that there aren't any extra evening hours for the time period we will be there! Were the animals misbehaving and they made their bedtime earlier as punishment? From what I read the park will close at 5:00pm sometimes! Yikes!:confused:

DizneyRox
03-31-2011, 06:53 AM
Budget cuts... While they were the most anticipated EMH for me, i was in the minority. They were very underutilized, so they hit the chopping block. I wouldnt be surprised to see them sprinkled in, possibly at very busy times of the year, but wouldnt expect it.

BraddyB
03-31-2011, 07:33 AM
I did the evening EMH hours once there and couldnt believe how different the park looked.
The park takes on a whole new look and the lighting in there is something else. Truly beautiful at night.

Figment!
03-31-2011, 09:01 AM
From Tidbits March 2011 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=180138)
Nocturnal Nixing

3/12/11 It appears that Evening Extra Magic Hours have gone on an indefinite hiatus for Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The last schedule offering was February 23, 2011 and no further offerings have been scheduled through September 2011. The park appears to have alternately increased its offerings of Morning Extra Magic Hour’s during this hiatus. During this period the number of Morning Extra Magic Hour offerings has (on-average) tripled per month.

DisneyDoug2
03-31-2011, 11:14 AM
My family loved the EMH at AK, riding EE in the dark is a truly different experience then during the day. Hopefully they will bring them back in the fall!

MOJoe
03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Were the animals misbehaving and they made their bedtime earlier as punishment?

Maybe the animals needed more "alone time." ;)

waymickey
03-31-2011, 11:24 AM
We weere at Dw last august and are going againthis summer. I think it stinks that they are taking away the EEH at AK . that park is unbearable during the summer in the day time. going at night when the sun goes down is much more comfortable and as an added bonus it is usally less crowed.
Last summer almos all the parks were closed too early with MK being the eception. In the summer most people want to go the parks at tnight when it is only 85 insted of 105.
Boo disney bad place to make budget cuts. Charge more for coming in the summer, no free dinning and close parks early. :mad:

McLiberal8
03-31-2011, 11:48 AM
I always thought these were nixed due to the animals needing quiet after dark.
The local zoo here is only open until sunset, for the same reason.

DANAM
03-31-2011, 12:23 PM
It's understandable that they would cut evening EMH but I am so upset. I love AK at night it is one of our favorite parks at night. Plus the crowds are always low at night. They will be missed.

Puppy Mom
03-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Several of you answered your own question.

The crowds were always low at night, Not making money on selling souvenirs and food and beverages if the crowds are small.

joonyer
03-31-2011, 01:44 PM
It's too bad more people didn't visit AK at night. The park is really cool after dark.

artyboy
03-31-2011, 03:15 PM
It really is beautiful after dark...and EE is awesome at night.

Hopefully this is just temporary...sigh.

Imagineer1981
04-07-2011, 02:30 PM
bbbbbooooooooooooooooo:mad:

LVT
04-08-2011, 07:26 AM
I hope for the return too.
It seems like my ideas of too crowded do not jive with the bookkeepers.
I balked at the cost of the paid version of EMH that MK had, but I did it and it was worth it.
The EMH started out great, but now the evening ones are too much. I still do the early ones, but they are getting too busy for me.
I am waiting for retirement to go in the slowest season, whenever that is.
I fear I am getting jaded :beer::beer::(:beer: