PDA

View Full Version : Adventures By Disney Questions

Tink1
03-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Trying to gather some information and would appreciate any input y'all have.

1. Have you done an ABD?

a. If so, where?
b. Did you think you received value for your money?
c. What loyalty/repeat guest program would you like to see?
d. Will you do another?
e. What new itineraries would you like to see, or what discontinued ones would you like to return?

2. Are you considering doing an ABD or other guided tour for the first time?

a. If so, where?
b. What is delaying your decision to book ABD?
c. What type of offer would nudge you into booking with either ABD or alternate company?
d. What new itineraries would you like to see, or what discontinued ones would you like to return?

3. Are you interested in ABD but not planning to book one?

a. What factors stop you from considering it?
b. Is there a promotion that would make it more feasible?

4. Would you never consider doing an ABD?

a. Why?

Thanks for any feedback you have!

Nanc

tinksmom02
03-30-2011, 08:12 PM
3. I would be very interested in doing an ABD but haven't booked one. The price is a big thing for me, as are the times offered. I was just looking at ABD on Monday (I was also pricing Disneyland, Disney Cruise LOL) and the ones i wanted to do were really, really expensive. My mom was pricing an Ireland tour by another site that was so much cheaper, and included airfare (I don't think ABD does?). Granted, it wasn't quite the same tour, but it was a TON less money.

Just my two cents.

Tink1
03-30-2011, 09:06 PM
3. I would be very interested in doing an ABD but haven't booked one. The price is a big thing for me, as are the times offered. I was just looking at ABD on Monday (I was also pricing Disneyland, Disney Cruise LOL) and the ones i wanted to do were really, really expensive. My mom was pricing an Ireland tour by another site that was so much cheaper, and included airfare (I don't think ABD does?). Granted, it wasn't quite the same tour, but it was a TON less money.

Just my two cents.

Thanks Christi! This is exactly the type of response I am looking for.

Hope others will chime in as well.

Nanc

Adambomb85
03-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Trying to gather some information and would appreciate any input y'all have.

1. Have you done an ABD?

a. If so, where?
b. Did you think you received value for your money?
c. What loyalty/repeat guest program would you like to see?
d. Will you do another?
e. What new itineraries would you like to see, or what discontinued ones would you like to return?

2. Are you considering doing an ABD or other guided tour for the first time?

a. If so, where?
c. What type of offer would nudge you into booking with either ABD or alternate company?
d. What new itineraries would you like to see, or what discontinued ones would you like to return?

3. Are you interested in ABD but not planning to book one?

b. Is there a promotion that would make it more feasible?

4. Would you never consider doing an ABD?

a. Why?

Nanc

Hi Nanc -

I have done one AbD and loved it. I am planning my second one for 2012 (honeymoon to either Australia or Galapagos). Here are my responses:

a. Backstage Magic: Hollywood & Disneyland
b. Absolutely. It was an incredibly first-class way to travel - we felt incredibly VIP the whole experience. We even got to eat breakfast in Club 33!
c. Would love to see a discount incorporated for repeat guests, perhaps gift cards to use during the AbDs, or other Disney vacation incentives/offers. We were offered a free 3-day cruise to book the first one and that was a great incentive to get us to try the experience.
d. Absolutely! My future husband and I are planning our honeymoon in 2012 to either Australia or Galapagos and are definitely going AbD.
e. I think a Disney World experience would be terrific, as would a Hawaii experience with the opening of Disney's new hotel.

Hope this helped - thanks!

~Adam

luvdiznee
04-13-2011, 07:22 PM
No, have never done ABD.
Yes! Am considering.
Where:
Too many choices. I've always said Central Italy. But now that I am taking "Travel Classes" I would love to go to South Africa and Egypt.

Too many domestic trips planned. Going next week. Then got a trip for September this year and now planning next March.:secret:

c. What type of offer would nudge you into booking with either ABD or alternate company? Time & the gift card offer they had before.

d. What new itineraries would you like to see, or what discontinued ones would you like to return? Would like to see Mexico.

3. Are you interested in ABD but not planning to book one? No.

b. Is there a promotion that would make it more feasible? Yes.

4. Would you never consider doing an ABD? No.

a. Why?

Nanc[/QUOTE]

4myprincesses
04-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Here are our answers, we recently looked into taking a trip, but the cost stopped us in our tracks.

1. Have you done an ABD? No
2. Are you considering doing an ABD or other guided tour for the first time? Yes
a. If so, where? We have looked at Europe (the knights and lights tour with ABD) and we have also looking into touring the western US states and National Parks.
b. What is delaying your decision to book ABD? cost
c. What type of offer would nudge you into booking with either ABD or alternate company? The price would have to be right, when we priced out Knights and Lights I felt like a trip like that was for another class of people. Honestly, I was shocked at how expensive it was. I am sure it is worth it, but it is way out of reach for our family of six.)d. What new itineraries would you like to see, or what discontinued ones would you like to return? unsure

3. Are you interested in ABD but not planning to book one? yes
a. What factors stop you from considering it? Unfortunately, the price was up near the cost of a brand new vehicle. A guided tour would be beyond wonderful, but I know I could plan the venues and likely do the trip ourselves for half the price. Yes, I know it would not be the same, but financially we do not have that kind of money for a week or two of travel. I am not saying it isn't worth it. I am sure they are wonderful trips that my kids as well as us grownups would not just enjoy, but learn as well.
b. Is there a promotion that would make it more feasible? unsure

4. Would you never consider doing an ABD? no, I am sure it would be a well done, informative, and memorable trip.

TheVBs
08-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Just checked out the ABD website for the first time a few nights ago, after we watched our 2011 WDW planning DVD.

Definitely the prices put the breaks on! We spent three weeks in Europe on our honeymoon for a fraction of the cost of a week with ABD. Granted, we weren't staying at the best hotels, eating in the best restaurants, or getting the VIP treatment, but we were staying/eating at nice places. That made the price tag a little hard to swallow.

I would really love to do the Alaska trip! Although the price tag on that is as much as the Europe/UK trips. But, it's a little more tempting because we haven't been there ourselves so I have no price comparison. If airfare and ALL meals were included, that would make me consider it a little more seriously.

I really don't doubt that they provide an amazing service that is worth every penny, and I would love to be able to do one of these trips, but 15k for a week's vacation is just not reasonable for us.