PDA

View Full Version : Royal Wedding Kate & Wills Fans

murphy1
03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
I have been very busy (new job yay!) and not around here much, but wanted to see if there were others excited about "the wedding".

I am most excited to see Kate's dress. I got up and watched his parent's wedding (I think W&K will have a better time with marriage and they seem fairly compatible).

Shari

Melanie
03-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Um, slightly excited. It's a little embarrassing. :blush:

I was obsessed with Charles and Diana when I was a girl, so naturally I'm interested.

TysMomTink
03-30-2011, 03:31 PM
I'll go ahead and admit that I will be watching. I am up early mornings anyway and I'm a sucker for a good fairy tale. Best wishes W&K

murphy1
03-30-2011, 03:42 PM
There is a good show running on TLC right now about them. Mel, I thought you were one of the ones interested, too. I think Kate is a great young lady.

Shari

Melanie
03-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Yes, I do think Kate is a great young lady as well, and think she will do well in the role. At least to the public eye, this seems like a very genuine love. I sure hope so!

Mel, I thought you were one of the ones interested, too.

Yeah, I don't know if you saw my post on FB about this, but my childhood friends even remembered my obsession with C&D. LOL

vicster
03-30-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm very excited - what time will I have to be up? It's a shame Diana isn't here to see it but she'll be in their thoughts.

MNNHFLTX
03-30-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm looking forward to the wedding too and will watch it, partly because it takes place in Westminster Abbey and we've been there before (and partly because because I'm a hopeless romantic). I, too, am curious about what dress design Kate will choose; I'm sure she will look very beautiful.

Having friends in the U.K., I can tell you they are beside themselves with excitement. In fact, all of England was so ripe for a "royal" wedding last summer when we were there that the media made a big deal of the wedding of Chelsea Clinton (more so than we Americans did).

luvdiznee
03-30-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm willing to watch. :secret:

Daisy'sMom
03-30-2011, 05:06 PM
I was such a fan of Diana's and will be up watching much to the chagrin of my family. I just felt my heart leap when Willliam gave Catherine his mom's ring.

murphy1
03-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Mel, nothing to be embarrassed about! I watch all their weddings, I think Edward and Sophie and then even Chas. and Camilla's. With so much bad stuff going on in the world, it's fun to have these things to watch. I am excited about the wedding and Harry Potter 7 Part 2 this summer. Oh, and I love the part of Wales they live in, I thought they were going to have to stay in London more.
From what I know of coverage, the Today show will start that morning at 4:30 am (EST) and CNN will air it starting around 6 am.
concerning her dress, does she have to wear sleeves?

Shari

beksy
03-30-2011, 06:47 PM
I am looking forward to this too. Mom is a huge Diana fan so I grew up hearing about her wedding.

QTPie68
03-30-2011, 10:33 PM
I took the day off of work so that I can watch the wedding!! I am even planning a little "tea party" for myself during the event - - scones, tea, little finger sandwhiches, etc.

TheDuckRocks
03-31-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm in! I just remember so clearly when Diana and Charles married and getting up in the middle of the night with my daughter to watch (don't tell anyone but my 2 then teenage boys joined us). My daughter and granddaughter are planning on coming over to spend the night. Thank you Candi for the great idea about having a tea party. A lot more class than popcorn and soda.

DisneyMom12
03-31-2011, 12:42 PM
I also am looking forward to it. I think they are a great couple, and think she can handle the media. I hope they have a long happy life together.

murphy1
03-31-2011, 05:20 PM
That is a great idea for a nice high tea! I love that! I wish we could all get to the Grand Floridian and have tea and watch it, that would be fun!

Shari

QTPie68
04-02-2011, 01:43 AM
I am glad you all like the Tea idea, it just seemed fitting somehow, and of course, I don't ever really need an excuse for some scones.

My only problem is trying to find some real Devonshire/clotted cream in the area....I wish I could have some sent from the Grand Floridian ;)

MNNHFLTX
04-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I am glad you all like the Tea idea, it just seemed fitting somehow, and of course, I don't ever really need an excuse for some scones.

My only problem is trying to find some real Devonshire/clotted cream in the area....I wish I could have some sent from the Grand Floridian ;)Try the import section of your grocery store. My grocery store carries some from the Devon Cream Company and it's very good.

SBETigg
04-02-2011, 12:14 PM
I also really loved Diana, and I got up super early to watch all the royal weddings. Loved them all, but of course Charles and Diana's was THE wedding.

And I am so bummed! I have to speak at a conference in Salem MA on the very day of the William and Kate wedding! I'm excited about the conference, of course, and thrilled to have been asked to give a workshop presentation. But, I will be in the car driving to Salem and will miss most of the wedding! Can you imagine? Ack! Why that day?

murphy1
04-02-2011, 07:18 PM
That's not an RWA conference is it, Sherri?!? :D They wouldn't dare do it on the same day!

Melanie
04-02-2011, 07:44 PM
But, I will be in the car driving to Salem and will miss most of the wedding! Can you imagine? Ack! Why that day?

DVR! :D

I know, not the same, but not an option we had back in '81.

SBETigg
04-02-2011, 07:47 PM
That's not an RWA conference is it, Sherri?!? :D They wouldn't dare do it on the same day!

It is, but a local chapter one, not the big one. It's the New England Chapter of Romance Writer's of America conference, two days of workshops and talks in Salem MA, followed by a big booksigning event. Planned well before the wedding announcement. I thought about trying to arrive the night before, so I can be there and watch some wedding instead of traveling during it-- but I'm only comped for one night, and we're buying a new house, so it's not really in the budget. I can't complain- pretty exciting things going on here. And I'm sure it will be all over the place for days.

murphy1
04-03-2011, 09:32 AM
It is, but a local chapter one, not the big one. It's the New England Chapter of Romance Writer's of America conference, two days of workshops and talks in Salem MA, followed by a big booksigning event. Planned well before the wedding announcement. I thought about trying to arrive the night before, so I can be there and watch some wedding instead of traveling during it-- but I'm only comped for one night, and we're buying a new house, so it's not really in the budget. I can't complain- pretty exciting things going on here. And I'm sure it will be all over the place for days.

That is very exciting Sherri!! I wish I could attend one of the workshops!!

Kona
04-03-2011, 04:37 PM
I guess I just don't get it, not excited about this at all. I have absolutely no interest in this.:confused:

SBETigg
04-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Kona, I'm sure there are lots of people like you, no interest. Most of them probably aren't responding to a thread titled "Royal Wedding Kate and Wills Fans" but I'm sure they're out there. My kids would agree with you, no interest.

murphy1
04-04-2011, 10:46 AM
I guess I just don't get it, not excited about this at all. I have absolutely no interest in this.:confused:

okay, you can start a thread on that:D Just kidding, I understand some people aren't interested. I could go to my husband for that conversation.

Shari

murphy1
04-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Here is a Florida celebration at the Dolphin hotel:

Royal Wedding Weekend

Not invited to the Royal Wedding? Then celebrate it with us!

Stop by the Dolphin lobby April 25 - 29, 2011 to view a stunning "royal tiara and sapphire ring" sculpture made entirely out of pulled sugar and hand-crafted by our two-time world champion pastry chef, Laurent Branlard.

The Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton will be broadcast from the Dolphin lobby starting at 5:00am on April 29th and we also invite you to join us for a royal reception in their honor! Light refreshments will be served.

Book online or call us at 888-828-8850 and ask for rate code ROYAL.

jillluvsdisney
04-08-2011, 01:44 PM
I just went to London in February and visited Westminster Abbey. I'll be watching because I'll be curious to see the Abbey and "the dress" of course. I remember getting up at 4 am with my Mom and watching Diana get married.

murphy1
04-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Very cool Jill!! I have that on my list someday! Did you get to go to Kensington Palace? I heard they have a permanent exhibit of Diana's gowns there.

QTPie68
04-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Try the import section of your grocery store. My grocery store carries some from the Devon Cream Company and it's very good.

Yeah, I have tried all of the grocery stores in the area (which are quite a lot). I am now checking into specialty stores. I know there is a place that carries a lot of imported english foods, but alas, way in Virginia and would take me more than an hour and a half just to get there via driving then metro. :(

murphy1
04-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Candi, would this recipe work for you--

Ingredients
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 pinch salt
1 cup heavy cream

Directions
1. In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, sugar and salt. Beat in cream until stiff peaks form. Chill until serving.

Shari

PS I am so excited, I don't have to work that day

Melanie
04-27-2011, 08:45 AM
So...for those of you watching, what network are you going to tune in to? I'm thinking I'm going to go with BBC America. Any reason I should tune in elsewhere?

princessgirls
04-27-2011, 09:10 AM
I remember watching Charles and Diana's wedding with wide eyes as a girl. My sister and I played wedding outside for hours after that, using beach towels for our dress and train.

I am so excited for William and Kate. They seem to truly love one another. I am sad that Diana did not live to see this day. Diana was a normal Mum to her boys and loved them!! They really are images of their mother, with their good looks, willingness to serve, and charm. Diana would be very proud.
From all appearances, Kate seems to be a lovely young lady..and NORMAL!!
Can't wait to see the DRESS!!
Julie:mickey:

SBETigg
04-27-2011, 09:11 AM
So...for those of you watching, what network are you going to tune in to? I'm thinking I'm going to go with BBC America. Any reason I should tune in elsewhere?

I realized I don't have to be at my conference until 2 pm, so I am waking up early to watch! Yay! BBC is probably a good choice. I'll probably flip between networks for a bit and then choose one that looks best. Wish I was watching at the Dolphin, though. That sounds fab!

MNNHFLTX
04-27-2011, 01:44 PM
So...for those of you watching, what network are you going to tune in to? I'm thinking I'm going to go with BBC America. Any reason I should tune in elsewhere?BBCA is my choice also. No commercials!!!

murphy1
04-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Probably watching BBC here, too. If Anderson Cooper is on, will watch CNN too. I wanna see the dress! It's hilarious they are putting disco balls in the palace (Diana would have loved that). I quit watching TV for now, sick of hearing about it and just don't want to watch anymore coverage until the day.

beksy
04-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Mom is looking forward to seeing the wedding and I really wish we could be together to watch it, but things aren't going as we had hoped. I have a presentation tomorrow afternoon and Mom lives 4 hours away. She just had major back surgury (a huge surprise) so she can't be here like we had planned and will likely sleep through the entire thing. So, I have spent about an hour going through the channels to see all the coverage leading up to the wedding, the actual wedding, and then the after-wedding stuff. My DVR is now fully occupied for most of the night and into tomorrow evening! :blush: I'm graduating on May 14th so Mom will be here for about a week...I'm planning to have all of this to keep her occupied and not helping with the packing of my apartment! I can't wait to see the dress so I'll probably be watching alone and then with Mom (unless I convince the fiancee that he wants to watch a little with me but I'm not holding my breath!) :bride: