PDA

View Full Version : La Hacienda- your thoughts?

wedway fan
03-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Another poster tried a few weeks ago to get some reviews with little success; I'm hoping to find some folks who have been here to offer their comments.

We've dined inside at San Angel several times before and love the atmosphere but have never been overwhelmed by the food. Trying La Hacienda this August, with a late seating to try and catch Illuminations.

Anyone have any experience with La Hacienda, especially around Illuminations time? And whether or not you've dined here, do you know if it's on Tables in Wonderland yet? (All the online resources I can find say no, but wondering if that's changed in 2011.)

Thanks!

wdwfan
04-01-2011, 10:04 AM
We ate there and really enjoyed the food. I think it's a little more expensive than San Angel. From Disney's website they are not listing it w/TIW discount. I also just check passhlder website and it's not listed there either for TIW. They need to add it though as we would like to go back.

r4kids
04-01-2011, 10:09 AM
One of our new favs!! Food was fantastic, wait staff amazing!! We had 8:30 ressies and were seated right by the front windows and had an amazing view. They dim the lights and filter in the Illuminations music. We will be eating here again :)

megustamex
04-01-2011, 12:19 PM
We just ate there last week. Food was amazing. Try the fish tacos and the pork with mole. Fabulous salad with pomegranate too. I find the atmosphere to be so-so, but the food was worth it. On a side note, the counter service was also incredible. I can't believe the improvement between the old CS and the new. It's like gourmet CS. The tacos de carne were so good we ate there 3 times.

mouseketeer mom
04-01-2011, 04:33 PM
We just ate there last week. Food was amazing. Try the fish tacos and the pork with mole. Fabulous salad with pomegranate too. I find the atmosphere to be so-so, but the food was worth it. On a side note, the counter service was also incredible. I can't believe the improvement between the old CS and the new. It's like gourmet CS. The tacos de carne were so good we ate there 3 times.
:thumbsup:I like this. This post makes me feel better about our ADR there this month. It looks expensive compared to San Angel, and I was worried about giving it a try. You make it sound great!

RedSoxFan
04-02-2011, 07:59 AM
I agree -- counter service here was great. It was one of the best lunches we had in December!!

wedway fan
04-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Appreciate your feedback- thanks to Mex especially for whetting my appetite for August! I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.