PDA

View Full Version : Episode 12 - The Big Reveal

John
03-29-2011, 11:10 PM
The Cast: John Yaglenski, Melanie Bounds, Carol Robert & Gary O’Brien.

- Gary Returns - Carol & Gary actually are on the same show at the same time.* No Ian.

- The Haunted Mansion queue rehash.* Gary questions why the queue really needed adding to since there was never a wait, but is reserving judgement.* Carol is a little worried it looked a bit “cheap”.* John’s wondering how it will be lit at night.

- John is going to have to slice and dice this episode.

- Why don’t they offer a photo at the end of the Haunted Mansion ride.* Send it on to Marketing! Combine photos and learn the “Photoshops”.* INTERCOT Consulting Services are born!

- New Ticketing @ Epcot being tested.* RFID Scanners suggests Gary.*

- 2 Brilliant Ideas in one podcast - EasyPass for ThemeParks.

- Wait - another one.* Annual Passholder dedicated line.* Bypass those confused by the ticketing process.

- New Permanent Home for Mickey Mouse - Town Square Theater.* Magician Mickey will be making an appearance. Hinted to open April 1.

- Patriotic Mickey, Frotierland Mickey, The Billies.* Colonial characters including Patriotic Mickey should definately move to the American Adventure.

- Gary begs for a trip to Hawaii for all the great ideas.

- Free wifi testing @ the Contemporary Resort.* A “flight” of internet at the Wave of American Flavors.

- The Tikki Room.* Reopening pushed further back to July 1 - fueling rumours that the old show may return.

- Mel hates the Country Bears. Yet another attraction - the Tiki Bears.

- Apparently no one has seen the Tikki Room Pre-show.* Google it or hit YouTube, John swears it exists.

- Gary & Refurbs - Toontown update.* Mel struggles to describe a peak as we play charades.* Then Gary needs to explain the weenie.*

- Grand Floridian Expansion.* Construction between the Polyneisan Luau thru to where the Grand Floridian Pool begins.* Bridal Suites?* DVC?* Reception Halls - we’re full of ideas tonite!

- INTERCOT’s Best Of - Photo Places. Gary takes a pic at the wishing well & the giant troll in Norway (aka Uncle Jimmy).* Carol takes pictures of the icons.* Mel does the character totem pole at the Wilderness Lodge.* John talks about video in front of the Adventureland sign & Epcot’s Spaceship Earth.

- John’s headed to the Hard Rock Hotel and then new Hilton Bonnet Creek Resort.

- Mel went back to Universal & liked it much better this time.* She thinks the Mummy is the coolest ride ever!* Don’t wear flip flops on the Forbidden Journey.* Gary has another idea - gift shop at the end of the ride with all the stuff people loose on the ride.* Crowd control @ Wizarding World.* Jimmy Neutron going away.

- What’s an LMNOP?

>> LISTEN HERE (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-12.asp)

disneymom15
03-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Just listened to the podcast. Another great episode.
LMNOP, I'm in. Can't wait for more info:mjump:

mickeyman42
03-30-2011, 12:05 PM
another great episode! strange not hearing Ian's voice this time, but still great.
John I remember the tiki room pre-show, it did exist! no horizons mention or duffy? I thought I must have been listening to the wrong podcast.
lots of topics that peaked my interest this time. I find it strange that more rides don't have photo ops, i mean you put up a camera and start charging $20 a picture (they should be able to add them to photopass too), how hard could it be? wi-fi, should be included, just up the cost per night by $10, dont make a big deal about it, most people wont use it anyway, and those that will use it can stop complaining that its not free.

its not like disney needed a reason to charge more before, anyways great episode, as always

Mousefever
03-30-2011, 01:14 PM
I wasn't hostile when I suggested: Lame Moderators Never Offer Possibilities...:blush: I was just trying to be clever. But I was impatient! I had a wonderful time at the 10 Year Anniversary Party, and I was eager for news about a possible 15 year event. Can't wait!

Amy

Carol
03-30-2011, 02:31 PM
I found the photo referenced on the podcast. It was actually in the front page archives.

Anniversary Photo (http://intercot.com/news/i10/images/ICOT-10-Illuminations.jpg) :cool:

coloradowendyl
03-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Hey Carol,

Thanks for finding the photo! Brings back great memories of a great evening!

Wendy

Carol
03-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Good times.

Save the date, Wendy!

lettripp
03-30-2011, 07:02 PM
I just have to say we LOVE the Tiki Room pre show. We are sure to watch it whenever we can!!!

Loved the bit about photo spots. I've always considered the World Showcase a prime place for photos. We always take a shot in the phone booths in the UK because it has special meaning for us... which makes me think that other families and couples have "histories" in certain countries that would lead them to take very specific pictures in the corresponding place in WS... Very neat to think about!

Another great episode :mickey:

Ian
03-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Hey guys just wanted to offer my own kudos for a great show. It was really cool to be able to just listen to a show I hadn't participated in. I got to listen to it for the first time with fresh ears.

Great stuff!! :thumbsup:

Mousefever
03-31-2011, 01:26 AM
Hey Carol,

Thanks for finding the photo! Brings back great memories of a great evening!

Wendy

I was trying to find you, Wendy. Where are you in the picture? I'd forgotten how much I look like a blue, glowing alien! I'm right behind my Goofy boy.

Amy

Melanie
03-31-2011, 06:51 AM
I'd forgotten how much I look like a blue, glowing alien! I'm right behind my Goofy boy.

Amy

I found you with that description Amy! :thumbsup:

badkitty
03-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Great show! Thanks! :thumbsup: Can't wait for October 2012! I was too late for the 10th but I'm excited about attending the 15th.

I've seen the Tiki Room pre-show! It is/was fun. I also loved the bit about the photo spots.

Melanie
03-31-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback guys! We love recording the shows and hope they are somewhat informative and entertaining. ;)

BriarRose0708
03-31-2011, 08:04 PM
The 10th Anniversary was an amazing time and I will see you all again in 2012!!!!:mickey:

PirateLover
03-31-2011, 11:05 PM
You had me laughing with all of your "ideas" for WDW. The only thing bad about the podcast isn't your fault at all- it's my car's! I haven't found one device that works well with transmitting from my iPod/iPhone to my radio without interference. Unfortunately I don't have an input jack. I was so excited to hear the new podcast that I ended up just playing it from my phone and sticking it in my upper jacket pocket so I could hear over the road noise. Now that's some dedication!
I would love to come to the 2012 meet if I can make it. :thumbsup:

wildernesslady
04-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm listening to the podcast now. Great info. We just stayed at VWL and did use the wifi. When we were hooking up it said that we would be charged $10/day. I called the front desk and they said as long as we were staying on points there would not be a charge. The key was that we were using points. Hopefully the info helps.

Carol
04-01-2011, 06:32 PM
I called the front desk and they said as long as we were staying on points there would not be a charge. The key was that we were using points. Hopefully the info helps.That's correct. Internet is inclusive when using Disney Vacation Club. :geek:

Carol
04-01-2011, 06:33 PM
The 10th Anniversary was an amazing time and I will see you all again in 2012!!!!:mickey:Excellent. Love the signature. :cool:

spinnerf
04-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Wow! Listened to the podcast yesterday and you used my idea! Im flattered. Was great hearing evryones photo stories. I love the troll too.

Definately missed Ian's 2 cents. Looking forward to next episode.

Plug and unplug! (Should be the new rally cry)

Melanie
04-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Wow! Listened to the podcast yesterday and you used my idea! Im flattered.

Well, you got your suggestion in just in time, it was a good one and we used it. We love suggestions from you all, so keep them coming! :thumbsup:

Plug and unplug! (Should be the new rally cry)

How embarrassing! :blush: I'm going to correct the problem by next episode. I'm making John work too hard.

spinnerf
04-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Melanie, I didint mean to embarass you, its funny, Im listening and then I feel like maybe I missed something and then John says "plug and unplug" and poof there you are! I have no idea what you are actually plugging and unplugging but its pretty funny. Its a great and relaxing show. Keep on "plugging"!!

Melanie
04-01-2011, 09:18 PM
John says "plug and unplug" and poof there you are! I have no idea what you are actually plugging and unplugging but its pretty funny.

It's magic! :magic:

But seriously, for whatever reason, my headphones/mic keep dropping. Some weeks worse than others. :shrug:

Ian
04-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Definately missed Ian's 2 cents. Looking forward to next episode.Awwwwww ... thanks! It's good to be missed. :D

It was funny, I listened while I was working out and I found myself starting to respond to things that were said! I kept having to remind myself it wasn't a live taping. :blush:

And Mel, from what I've been able to research the characters have been back at Liberty Tree Tavern since some time in 2009. We've eaten there at least twice in the last couple years and I'm pretty sure we've had characters both times.

BriarRose0708
04-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Excellent. Love the signature. :cool:

Of course! I can't wait to see everyone again!

Ian/Mel- When I went in october 2009 we made reservations at Liberty Tree and the cast member on the phone made it very clear that this was no longer a character meal, even for the Halloween Party nights (I had been hoping they would come back for at least that, but no). I took a peak in there during my last March 2010 trip during the dinner hour to show my sister what it looks like in there and also saw no characters. I haven't been back since, but it's very likely they are back, that would be great if they are!!!

Melanie
04-02-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm not home right now and can't do proper research, but I did look on the Disney mobile dining site (which I love!) and looked under character dining experiences. Only the Castle and Crystal Palace are listed for the MK. I guess we can trust that?

John
04-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Maybe I'll make it back over there tonite to say for sure...

Melanie
04-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Maybe I'll make it back over there tonite to say for sure...

Thanks John. If not, I can check Monday when we go over.

Tink1
04-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I was trying to find you, Wendy. Where are you in the picture? I'd forgotten how much I look like a blue, glowing alien! I'm right behind my Goofy boy.

Amy

She is standing next to me! I am the taller one of the two of us. (does that help?) :scratch:
Nanc

Carol
04-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Only the Castle and Crystal Palace are listed for the MK. I guess we can trust that?That's right, Mel.

The last character experience at Liberty Tree was January 4, 2009.

coloradowendyl
04-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousefever

Amy

She is standing next to me! I am the taller one of the two of us. (does that help?)
Nanc

I hate having my pix taken so I was trying to hide behind Nanci, however, I was "moved" and can actually be seen!

Can't wait for 15th! but I will be standing behind the photographer this time :D

Wendy

Ian
04-02-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm not home right now and can't do proper research, but I did look on the Disney mobile dining site (which I love!) and looked under character dining experiences. Only the Castle and Crystal Palace are listed for the MK. I guess we can trust that?Yep, I stand corrected. That's what I get for trusting the Googles lol.

Checked the official Disney Dining site (don't know why I didn't just go there first?? :confused:) and it lists no characters. Oops! :blush:

BrerGnat
04-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Another great podcast guys! I listened to it while unable to sleep after my surgery. Unfortunately, you guys made me chuckle a few times, which is not fun after abdominal surgery. ;)

I'm happy to hear about the wifi "test" at CR. Even if it's not free, in this day and age, EVERY WDW resort should offer wifi.

teamblackwell
04-03-2011, 01:15 PM
I just started listening to the podcasts.
Everyone seems loves the podcasts, but I think they could be better.
1. The hosts need to edit themselves a little bit and cut out the off topic chit-chat on the show. No podcast should run longer than 60 minutes. Who has the time.
2. It would be fun if a show segment was added, where a hot topic on the message board is discussed by the hosts. Like a point, counter-point and interesting comments from the message boards are used in a debate.
3. I don't know if its possible, but have a power point type of display durring the podcast to show pictures of whats being talked about. For example, if the topic is Dining plan, have a slide-show of Disney restaurants.

If anyone else feels the same, feel free to add to the list.

BrerGnat
04-03-2011, 01:56 PM
1. The hosts need to edit themselves a little bit and cut out the off topic chit-chat on the show. No podcast should run longer than 60 minutes. Who has the time.

I have the time. So do lots of other people. I think the podcasts are a good length of time. I often listen to them during workouts, and often, they last longer than 60 minutes...

As for the format, it's a round table. There is supposed to be "chit chat". It makes the podcast more personal. There are plenty of "information only" Disney podcasts out there. I appreciate that this one is different!

I like your idea of discussing particularly interesting/thought provoking message board threads. That's a good one.

Ian
04-03-2011, 08:20 PM
1. The hosts need to edit themselves a little bit and cut out the off topic chit-chat on the show. No podcast should run longer than 60 minutes. Who has the time.Heh ... that's my fault a lot of times. I'm a bit verbose. :secret:

2. It would be fun if a show segment was added, where a hot topic on the message board is discussed by the hosts. Like a point, counter-point and interesting comments from the message boards are used in a debate.I like this idea. It's something I've considered, as well. We may very well try to incorporate something like this into future shows, perhaps as like an every-other segment or something. Good suggestion!!

teamblackwell
04-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Actually Ian, your my favorite host so far. Your the only one on the panel that will carry a diffinitive opinion on any given subject and you try to keep the show moving forward.

Lets make no other plans -- kind of fell flat
Lets meet north of poly, was very clever and the best one I saw. I don't remember who guessed that but, that was the best one. Kudos

John
04-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Actually Ian, your my favorite host so far. Your the only one on the panel that will carry a diffinitive opinion on any given subject and you try to keep the show moving forward.

Thanks Pal - happy Monday to you too!

Well Ian - you have at least one fan! :number1:

I'd go into a lengthy discussion of how the show ended up the way it is - but I'll just keep it short... format wise - we think it works pretty well. We're not trying to be like everyone else and we're pretty set in the length and the style of the show. It will only get better with time - and the goal has always been to be around an hour. Usually we have a lot to talk about and since it's topical and we only tape every two weeks, we can't split it into two shows. It's all we can do to get it produced and aired in a timely fashion. So, it is what it is. Might not be everyone's bowl of soup. I'm ok with that.

Ian
04-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Actually Ian, your my favorite host so far.What I meant to say before was that your suggestion is fantastic and we're going to implement it on the very next show! ;)

Seriously, though ... thanks for the compliment. My guess is, however, that there's probably an inverse relationship between people who enjoy the podcast and people who would list me as their favorite host!

John
04-04-2011, 10:34 AM
What I meant to say before was that your suggestion is fantastic and we're going to implement it on the very next show! ;)

Seriously, though ... thanks for the compliment. My guess is, however, that there's probably an inverse relationship between people who enjoy the podcast and people who would list me as their favorite host!

And in an epic turn of events - Ian will be unavailble for the next 4-6 podcasts due to scheduling difficulties. :thedolls:

Ian
04-04-2011, 10:48 AM
And in an epic turn of events - Ian will be unavailble for the next 4-6 podcasts due to scheduling difficulties. :thedolls:You wish. :D

RBrooksC
04-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Regarding to the grasping for the description of the roof of Gaston's, I think you were trying to come up with "gabled roof."

Dopey's Girl
04-04-2011, 08:26 PM
I love the podcasts...I love having a new one to listen to at work! They really help pass the day away!

I was really happy that you finally told us what LMNOP meant. I have been wracking my (tiny) brain to figure out what it was!

PirateLover
04-05-2011, 08:23 PM
And Mel, from what I've been able to research the characters have been back at Liberty Tree Tavern since some time in 2009. We've eaten there at least twice in the last couple years and I'm pretty sure we've had characters both times.
I know this has been corrected but yeah, there were no characters in 2010 either. The fare seems even more mediocre without the character buzz.

Who has the time
Me! I've tried listening to other Disney podcasts but I love Intercot's the best because of the format and length. I'm always sad when it comes to an end. I've been on these boards so long that I feel like the hosts are old friends that always keep me entertained:thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-06-2011, 12:29 AM
To me, our podcasts are like sitting around the fire pit with family, swapping stories & sharing lots of memories & opinions every couple of weeks about something we love.

I am in my car for almost two hours a day, and it's wonderful to hear my old friends chatting away, interjecting opinions & whatnot, having fun. Heck, I'd love them longer, as I've mentioned before! DS and I spent a good 5+ hours this weekend listening to them together, laughing & discussing the topics at hand.

Don't change a thing, guys. Love the format, the friendship & the fun.

MNNHFLTX
04-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I am in my car for almost two hours a day, and it's wonderful to hear my old friends chatting away, interjecting opinions & whatnot, having fun. Heck, I'd love them longer, as I've mentioned before!

Don't change a thing, guys. Love the format, the friendship & the fun.
My feelings also. I listen to a lot of podcasts each week and what I love about the INTERCOT podcast is that it is different--it is friends chatting about one of my favorite places on earth. Doesn't everyone on the boards wish that they could do that more often?