PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Snacks

Luv4WDW
03-29-2011, 08:00 PM
ASIDE from the Mickey Premium bars and Dole Whips, what are your must have snacks at the parks? I've had these (and love them) but what are your other "must have" snacks?

mouseketeer mom
03-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Mickey Coconut Patties from the Confectionary at MK!
The BIG cookies from the Writers Shoppe at DHS!
(White Choco Macadamia Nut and Peanut Butter especially!)
Any odd pastry from Kringla La in Epcot!
I think they are called Tiger Paws or something..delicious cupcakes from AK bakery!

Donald
03-29-2011, 08:40 PM
The Caramels from the new candy shop in the German Pavillion. (I forgot the name of the shop) They are absolutely delicious!!

TheMartellFamily
03-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Pretzles from Germany and School bread from Norway.

Niecyboo
03-29-2011, 09:27 PM
I was thinking of the German caramel place too! I was thinking it was just called Werthers, but when I checked, the official name is Karamelle-Küche.

Last time I was there I got a bag of fresh caramel corn (it is worth waiting in line. Don't get the pre-made bag.) and a giant caramel chocolate. One for an immediate snack and one for the plane ride home....neither made it on the plane. LOL.

akaDisneyDreamer
03-29-2011, 10:05 PM
We always have to get fresh cotton candy from the Confectionary at Magic Kingdom! It is so good! And we love the chocolate crepes from the France pavillion.

Can't wait to try those caramels everyone is raving about in the German pavillion! :mickey:

QTPie68
03-29-2011, 11:12 PM
I love the emu...I mean Turkey legs..really, I do :thumbsup:

luvdiznee
03-30-2011, 07:13 AM
I love the emu...I mean Turkey legs..really, I do :thumbsup:

:laughing:

brownie
03-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Hot pretzels from Germany and Mickey rice krispy treats dipped in chocolate from the resorts.

Jared
03-30-2011, 07:49 AM
Homemade ice cream sandwiches from the Main Street Bakery
Tiramisu from the gelato cart in the Italy pavilion of World Showcase
Anything from the bakeries in the Norway and France pavilions of World Showcase
Butterfinger cheesecake from the bakery section at Sunshine Seasons

hannahandkalebmom
03-30-2011, 08:09 AM
School bread from Norway is must when at WDW!

KylesMom
03-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Hmmm . . . what hasn't already been mentioned here? I know! Egg rolls from Adventureland and a Cherry Brain Freeze (frozen coke) from Tomorrowland! :cloud9:

ElenitaB
03-30-2011, 09:18 PM
There's a stand outside of China that has slushies. Their Mango Green tea slushy is a must for me every time we're there (and it's not freezing out). Walk around the world some and I get a pretzel to accompany it.

Last August I discovered the carrot cake cookie (think a carrot cake whoopie pie with cream cheese frosting in the middle) at DHS. You can get them at the Writer's Stop or the Villian's Sweet Shop. Yum!

And when at the Boardwalk, it's almost an imperative to have a mini Mickey head cake.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-30-2011, 09:21 PM
For us, our new "must have" snack is the caramel corn from the caramel shop in Germany. Well, to be honest, just about anything from the caramel shop will do. :thumbsup:

ryca1dreams
03-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Lefse.

MarkC
03-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Mickey rice krispie treats w/ chocolate ears
Chocolate cake at France (and most other treats there as well)
Almond covered soft pretzels at Norway

catkrazy
03-31-2011, 10:46 PM
Mickey ear chocolate dipped rice krispy treats!!
:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-01-2011, 07:48 AM
the chocolate covered caramel pecan patties you get at the candy stores on Main St. MK or at the DHS candy store....yummy

PETE FROM NYC
04-01-2011, 05:00 PM
DW and I are both diabetic, so that limits us .We try not to cheat too much.
But, some of our indulgences are churros, and a Grand Marnier slushie. Both of which we split between us. When we can find them, we also like the no sugar added brownies which are available at some CS places.

Jared
04-01-2011, 06:21 PM
DW and I are both diabetic, so that limits us .We try not to cheat too much.
But, some of our indulgences are churros, and a Grand Marnier slushie. Both of which we split between us. When we can find them, we also like the no sugar added brownies which are available at some CS places.
Where do they sell churros at the Magic Kingdom? I can never seem to find them, but they're everywhere at Disneyland. What am I missing?

tinksmom02
04-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Well a pineapple float is my must-have snack, but you said other than, so...

It may be a simple treat, but there's something about munching on fresh, salted popcorn when you're walking about MK or Epcot.