PDA

View Full Version : Universal Thanksgiving Week

wdwluv
03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Hello!

Just curious what to expect at Universal Thanksgiving week. Is it any better than WDW? Or, especially with the addition of WWoHP, is it just as bad? What's your experience?

(I was hoping for a gradual increase in crowds at WDW leading up to Thanksgiving, but Touring Plans has the number skyrocketing as soon as Saturday before Thanksgiving hits!)

Dawn :mickey:

NJGIRL
04-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Bumping up.

Has anyone been there Thanksgiving week? I would imagine it will be crowded, but I have no first hand experience of that week.

Rockstar Boyfriends
04-10-2011, 06:05 PM
I went on the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. Crowds were pretty moderate. It wasn't overly crowded, but the crowds were pretty manageable.

I judge crowds by checking out how much the Universal Express passes are. The higher the cost usually means the larger the crowds. The Universal Express pass price for Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving falls into the middle range of the cost. That means to me that the crowds are expected to be moderate.

buzznwoodysmom
04-29-2011, 10:46 AM
I've never been to Universal during Thanksgiving week, but my SIL and her family have. In 2007 we vacationed in WDW with their family and they went to the Universal parks on the Wednesday before Tday and Thanksgiving day itself and said the crowds there were bigger than the crowds in the WDW parks. I imagine the crowds were so large because they went on the actual holiday. And this was before the opening of WW.