PDA

View Full Version : Unused Dining Credits

Belster
03-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Hello,
I know that you are able to transfer unused TS credits for something and unused QS credits for something but I have no idea what..haha. Can anyone enlighten me? :mickey:

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Jared
03-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Unless the policy has changed recently, dining credits expire at midnight on the day you check out. This is one of the ways Disney makes ridiculous profits on the dining plan. Many parties end their vacations with unused credits. That's a meal you already paid for that costs Disney absolutely nothing.

PopPhan
03-29-2011, 07:58 AM
On our last couple trips we have had QS/CS credits left on our last day....To use them up, we went to Downtown Disney and traded them, 3 (snacks)-for-1 (CS credit), for the big cookies, whoopie pies, muffins, etc.

Not all establishments will allow the trade-in, you would need to ask before you try to do it.

I do not know about trading TS credits.

Strmchsr
03-29-2011, 08:17 AM
No trading of TS credits and I think they're completely doing away with the trading of CS credits. As Jared said, it's one way Disney can make a big profit off of the plan.

retiredfigment
03-29-2011, 08:28 AM
Once when we had CS credit left, my daughter got a meal for take-out. Ate in on the plane ride home. Cheaper than airline snacks:secret: Also, we use every snack credit left on rice krispie treats! Great souvenirs.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Sometimes, during especially busy periods Disney annouces special "trade-in" offers, usually for TS meals that are too booked up.

But generally, you're stuck with what you have. We use any leftover CS meals for food on the way home, and load up on snacks for the trip, and sometimes the first few days back home. Makes leaving a little bit easier!

princessgirls
03-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Yes, if you don't use your credits, they are lost.

Back in the early days of the DDP, you could "trade" for unused credits. I think they stopped that.

Kind of the old saying...You snooze, you lose!!

Eat up!!

Julie:mickey:

clausjo
03-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Once when we had CS credit left, my daughter got a meal for take-out. Ate in on the plane ride home.

We did this on our most recent trip. We used our last 2 CS meals as take out and eat it in the airport while we were waiting for our plane. Worked out well for us.

#1donaldfan
03-29-2011, 12:10 PM
....sad to say, but they are getting very strict on trading anything !! We had BIG plans to not use some of our CS credits along with unused snack credits and buy a lot of "non perishable" candy, as done on previous trip (1 year earlier). We went to same store and were told we couldn't do it any longer.....I'm uncertain if it's the CM doing it alone or if it's a "world wide" policy now !! I'm banking on it being an across the board policy ...... sad !! :(

princessgirls
03-29-2011, 02:24 PM
....sad to say, but they are getting very strict on trading anything !! We had BIG plans to not use some of our CS credits along with unused snack credits and buy a lot of "non perishable" candy, as done on previous trip (1 year earlier). We went to same store and were told we couldn't do it any longer.....I'm uncertain if it's the CM doing it alone or if it's a "world wide" policy now !! I'm banking on it being an across the board policy ...... sad !! :(

I'm not sure on the actual policy on this, but things can vary greatly from CM to CM.
Julie:mickey:

natedog24
03-29-2011, 04:00 PM
When I was a CM down there, I know I couldn't do a trade, but my manager certainly could and did when a guest asked politely. I'd say your best bet is to go in and ask for a manager, and explain to them what the situation is. Hopefully they'll be able to help you out.
Like others have said, you'll likely trade TS or CS meals for snacks, and just get a lot of Rice Krispy Treats shaped like Mickey, but hey, it's something! :mickey:

Strmchsr
03-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Quite honestly, if you're trying to think about what to do with unused dining credits you'd probably do a lot better just not using the dining plan to begin with. It's not that much (if at all) of a money saver and if you don't use your credits then you're definitely not gaining anything by doing it. Even if it's "free" (which it never is, since there's a trade-off).

PetefromRI
04-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Quite honestly, if you're trying to think about what to do with unused dining credits you'd probably do a lot better just not using the dining plan to begin with. It's not that much (if at all) of a money saver and if you don't use your credits then you're definitely not gaining anything by doing it. Even if it's "free" (which it never is, since there's a trade-off).
I have to agree with Chris.If you don't use every single credit for it's intended purpose you would be better off without the plan.We don't use the plan anymore and found that we do fine and if we have an AP that year we buy a TiW Card that works great for us.

Belster
04-02-2011, 10:08 AM
I have to agree with Chris.If you don't use every single credit for it's intended purpose you would be better off without the plan.We don't use the plan anymore and found that we do fine and if we have an AP that year we buy a TiW Card that works great for us.

I am really asking because it happens to a lot of people and I wanted to pass the info along to another traveler as I was helping them ease their worries about not completely understanding the DDP. We eat all of our credits when we are there. :mickey:

readytogo2
04-03-2011, 01:32 PM
On our last couple trips we have had QS/CS credits left on our last day....To use them up, we went to Downtown Disney and traded them, 3 (snacks)-for-1 (CS credit), for the big cookies, whoopie pies, muffins, etc.

Not all establishments will allow the trade-in, you would need to ask before you try to do it.

I do not know about trading TS credits.

when we were there in feb 2011 it was 2 snacks for one and they had to be bakery type items