PDA

View Full Version : Crowds for Dec 10-17

govgirl
03-28-2011, 11:48 PM
We have a condo booked offsite for Dec 10-17.

Just wondering how the crowd levels will be. It's my daughter's 20th birthday that week, and she loves Christmas decorations and lights, and haven't been there for Christmas since she was 4 years old. Taking her boyfriend with us, so I need a 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo. Couldn't afford that on the grounds, so have to stay offsite. Trying to figure out park schedule already, guess I need something to look forward to. Hope the crowds won't be too bad. I already have my scooter rented at Apple!

Strmchsr
03-29-2011, 08:20 AM
It's really hard to say. If you just go off of previous years then most folks will tell you crowds won't be too bad, and increasing towards the end of your trip. The last two years, though I've read in several trip reports about all of December now being very crowded. Many people have reported higher crowds than previous years in 2010 and 2009. Probably due to Disney offering promos during that time they never offered before and December in general being so popular. So, I'm sure some folks will tell you crowds won't be bad at all. Some will tell you it's really crowded, but the honest truth it, no one knows anymore because crowds are no longer following traditional patterns. So, don't worry about crowds, just go, have a plan, and enjoy yourself.

JPL
03-29-2011, 06:34 PM
I have been there at this time 4 out of the last 5 years and I can tell you each year it has gotten more and more crowded. This year the MK actually closed due to capacity one night :eek: