PDA

View Full Version : How you know WDW is your favorite vacation/place

Ksmith75
03-28-2011, 07:22 PM
It has almost been a whole (so long ago!) month since DH and I were at WDW. I know it is my favorite place....does everything remind you of WDW? It does for me....We were in Lancaster PA this weekend....right in the middle of Amish country and everything pointed towards disney.... There was a petting zoo named the "Animal Kingdom", when we turned on our TV, it was about DVC, the same one that is on when you were at the resort (that one through us for a loop - it was an informercial), we saw a "Cisney Transportation Company" van, a lady walked past us with a Disneyworld T-shirt on, The Osceola B&B......
Well I guess I have Disney on the mind......

faline
03-28-2011, 07:54 PM
I've been to Disney on vacation more than I've been any other place so that's pretty much how I know it's my favorite!

caryrae
03-28-2011, 08:17 PM
It's how excited I get planning and going on a WDW trip and seeing any Disney shows or commercials on TV and you start to really miss being there. It's just a great, fun place to be with so much to do in one area and you don't even need to drive if you don't want to. We have been to Egypt 2 times and even though it is an awesome place to visit and glad we have been able to, I would still rather go to WDW.

mook3y
03-28-2011, 09:41 PM
:blush: For us, we always compare the vacation we are looking at (hawaii-cruise-etc) to the vacation we can do for the same $ at WDW.

In the past decade... WDW has won out more times than other vacations. :D

Oh, and our whole family spots hidden mickey's all over the place! Saw one at Target today. ;)

akaDisneyDreamer
03-28-2011, 11:07 PM
:tink: We get "Disney fever" pretty much on a daily basis around here, i.e., "what do you want for dinner?" "Yak & Yeti!". We also see hidden Mickey's everywhere! We think about and discuss past and future trips every day! We get teary eyed watching WDW commercials, it truely is a magical place ... I don't even have the desire to go anywhere else on vacation anymore and we're hoping to go back in May 2012 ~ and that just seems way to far away. :chipdale:

Gregandmel
03-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Can't get excited about going anywhere else - even though I know there are a ton of places my family wants to visit. And no matter where we go - there is always something that reminds me of Disney. Went to the Zoo the other day and there is a large tree that reminded me of the Tree of Life.....bought a whole pineapple on Saturday for the first time and it reminded me of the Lapu Lapu at the Polynesian! LOL. Use my Disney Visa Rewards card for EVERTHING (but pay it off each month) and love watching the reward points add up - knowing that "someday" we will put them to use! Right now - have to concentrate on getting Son #1 through college & working on home repairs - but another trip to Disney can't be too far behind.... I won't let it! :thumbsup:

lovinmesomedisney
03-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Well, one giveaway would be the fact that we go EVERY year, last year three times. We just got back in February, and are missing it terribly. Already planning a trip for September. I already, this morning, have listened to a CD of Spectro Magic, and we have on right now, my Where Magic Lives CD. I babysit little ones for friends, and their favorite movies are Disney Land Fun Sing Along, and Beach Party at Disney World. One of their first words is usually MICKEY! One of my bathrooms is painted Mickey Shadow, with all black and white Mickey decor. Speaking of the little kids, they all tell their parents they want to go to Disney World! :mickey: I think I should be compensated by Disney World. I am in the process of planning trips for three families from our school. They decided to go after I told them all about it.

princessgirls
03-29-2011, 10:32 AM
I just LOVE WDW...it is my HAPPY place!

We do a Disney vacation every other year, and a different place in the in between years. It's one of those marital compromises...

Julie:mickey:

tinksmom02
03-30-2011, 08:21 PM
:blush: For us, we always compare the vacation we are looking at (hawaii-cruise-etc) to the vacation we can do for the same $ at WDW.

In the past decade... WDW has won out more times than other vacations. :D

I do the same thing. I was recently pricing Beaches Turks & Caicos, Atlantis, & WDW, and WDW is winning out...again. Overall it's cheaper (once you add in plane fare), getting there is easier, being there is easier. Especially because DH has decided to be anti-vacation, I'm much more comfortable staying in the US and going somewhere where I know my way around.

MushuGrl
04-14-2011, 04:20 PM
It's just got everything you need right there in one spot! Rides, great food, great entertainment, relaxation, shopping, and you can even immerse yourself in a different culture! I love the fact I can have tea in China, and an eclair in France all in one afternoon.

OH MAN I got the fever to go back...

Ilovemesomedisneymom
04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
I know its my favorite place, when I decided to do my bedroom in Disney and I'm 49.

When I wanted to paint my bookcase and I chose the color, "Mickey Mouse White glove"

When my ringtone on my phone is "Now is the time, Now is the best time of your life"

When I'm in a training class at work and we had to do a project on what we were thankful for in our life and I put "Disney".

24 days till our next trip to WDW:joy::clappy::yay::yay::cheer:

TiggerDeb
04-25-2011, 11:17 AM
We love Disney and realized how much when last year we went on a cruise, not Disney, and while we enjoyed it, we kept saying how much we could not wait to plan our next trip. As soon as we got home, I booked for this September and am already packing things, made signs for our room decor, and ADrs are all set. I am more excited than I was when planning the cruise last year. :D

Disney-4-Me
04-25-2011, 11:25 AM
My 5 year old nephew who goes on our family trip each October was just chanting at breakfast yesterday, "I'm going to Disney World, I'm going to Disney World..." that's when you know the WHOLE FAMILY loves Disney as a favorite vacation!:mickey:

BWayGrl
04-28-2011, 04:55 PM
My fiance and I can only afford to take one major vacation a year. He wants to go all over the place - Vegas, London, Paris, Italy - I just want to go to Disney World every year. :mickey:

Sometimes when I'm feeling blue, I'll open up the Birnbaum guide to WDW and start planning an imaginary future trip.

Some days, the weather just reminds me of Disney! I'll walk outside and say to myself, "It's a Disney day today."

I have Disney park music on my iPod (Tomorrow's Child, Listen to the Land, IllumiNations, Fantasmic!, etc.).

LOVE IT THERE!!!