PDA

View Full Version : How bad are the crowds in June? 11-18?

momof3+twins
03-28-2011, 02:30 PM
This is our first summer trip. I am not worried about the heat... I can do that. But, if I go to the park in the morning, take a loooong afternoon break and return in the evening....Will I be okay? My kids don't do roller coasters if that helps.

AnnaMom
03-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Yes you should be fine. We go every June and that is what we do. We hit the parks in the morning; take a break and return in the evening. The heat does not bother us just drink plenty of water.

YatesMom
04-09-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm wondering the same thing! We've gone in October twice and just found out that if I want a vaca from work this year at all, it's going to have to be at the end of June. Have 3 daughters: 8, 5 and 22 months. Wondering what the wait times are generally at that time of the year? Also, for parents who have done late June with similar aged children, what is your plan of attack for the day regarding timing? At park opening, stay until 1 or so, back to resort for R&R, then back for dinner/attractions from 5 - ?...any advice would be appreciated. Trying to get a game plan for a 1/2 day arrival day and 3 full day trip before flying home...Thanks!! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
04-09-2011, 09:45 AM
This is our first summer trip. I am not worried about the heat... I can do that. But, if I go to the park in the morning, take a loooong afternoon break and return in the evening....Will I be okay? My kids don't do roller coasters if that helps.

You have the right idea. We have been around this time for the past two years. Your plan of action should be to get to the parks at opening or as close to opening as possible. You will get so much done and it will be cooler. Then, as the late comers start wandering in, it will be time for your break. Go back to the resort, relax, enjoy the pool, take a nap, and recharge. It will still be pretty crowded at night but you'll be able to handle it better with that break.

Also don't automatically think you can handle the heat. Always be prepared. The last 2 Junes we hit some pretty brutal temps and high humidity. Drink lots of water and wear a hat!!!