PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Dining Plans

animalkingdomguy
03-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Is it possible to purchase mixed dining plans for a single DVC stay. Example for a 5 day stay is it allowed to purchase deluxe for 3 days and regular for the remaining 2 days.

DVC2004
03-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Good question- not sure. Did you try Member Services? I thought if you purchased one plan you could upgrade later, (but not down-grade).
Maybe someone else knows and will interject. I am thinking no, but if you find out otherwise I'd love if you post what they tell you. Good luck!

DizneyRox
03-28-2011, 09:58 PM
If worse comes to worse, just split into two reservations, and add the dining plan you need to each reservation.

With points, there is no deposit, etc. No problem unless you are 100% against possibly having to move rooms.

laprana
03-29-2011, 09:59 AM
DVC did start allowing guests to mix dining plans during one trip a while back. You have to call MS and have them "segment" your trip. For example, if you're going for a week and you want the QS dining plan for the first 3 days and the Deluxe dining plan for the last 4 days, you would call MS and have them segment your trip into 2 parts - the first 3 days and the last 4. Then you can add the dining plans you want to each segment.

I haven't done this myself but I have heard from others who have, and some of them said it was easy and went off without a hitch. Others have said it was a lot of trouble when they checked in/checked out or tried to use their dining credits. This is still fairly new, so I think there are probably some kinks still to be worked out! Hope this helps! :mickey: