PDA

View Full Version : College Program

KatieDuck22
03-28-2011, 09:35 AM
I realise I'm posting this in the wrong section, but the school computers prohibit me to go into mousellanious and I simply must get a thread started! As some of you may know the careerstart program which I have been planning on doing is up in the air. Disney is considering taking it away. In which case I plan to roll with the punches and apply for the Disney College Program. Does anyone know 1. how i do that. 2. when i do that 3. how long i can possibly stay if i do that. and 4. is it likely that i would get accepted if I applied right away(I realize you don't know me personally but knowing that I'm a good student nice girl loves disney). Hope you can help!

crazygoalie39
03-28-2011, 09:46 AM
1. http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com
2. I'm pretty sure you can apply at any time, but if you applied now, i'm not sure which sessions you could get.
3. There are several different ones you can do, but the normal ones are like a normal semester, i.e. August-January and January-May
4. Sure :mickey:

KatieDuck22
03-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks! Do you think it would be too soon to apply for not this coming fall but the one afer? I need to get in!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-28-2011, 10:30 AM
According to the Disney College site, they are currently accepting applications for:
•Fall (August – early January)
•Fall Advantage (mid/late May – early January)
•Fall Advantage Quarter (June – early January)

Applications for the next semester will be accepted between September and November.
•Spring (January - May)
•Spring Advantage (January - August)
•Spring Advantage Quarter (March – August)

Joannelet
03-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Good Luck! I hope you get in for the time frame you want! I did fall and loved it! It is a wonderful experience and a semester long.

KatieDuck22
03-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks Joanlette. I'm concerned because my life goal is to work in disney and live in florida i'm not sure how to execute this mission. it seemed easier with careerstart.

PrettyMinnie
03-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Hi Katie! I sent you a PM but I think doing CP instead of the CS will still help you to work for Disney some day! It just may come a little later and may take a little bit of rearranging. Good luck! :mickey:

joanna71985
03-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks! Do you think it would be too soon to apply for not this coming fall but the one afer? I need to get in!

It looks like you want to do Fall 2012 (they are currently recruiting for Fall 2011). They will start recruiting for Fall 2012 in Jan 2012. Good luck!

ransam
04-03-2011, 12:51 AM
i really wish i was young enough, and in college to do this.....ohhh regrets.

DisneyFr33k
04-03-2011, 07:19 AM
i really wish i was young enough, and in college to do this.....ohhh regrets.

:ditto: Oh to go back in time......

MarkC
04-03-2011, 09:12 AM
I had a co-worker had two kids go through the program. They both loved it and had a great time, and one of them still works at Disney.

The negative is that they really didn't get a lot of educational benefits, and admitted that Disney seemed to be doing this to get really cheap or free labor from a lot of these kids. They did meet a lot of people and had some good times in the dorm/apartments. They recommend it if you have the chance, but don't expect a life changing semester.

KatieDuck22
04-04-2011, 01:29 PM
I had a co-worker had two kids go through the program. They both loved it and had a great time, and one of them still works at Disney.

The negative is that they really didn't get a lot of educational benefits, and admitted that Disney seemed to be doing this to get really cheap or free labor from a lot of these kids. They did meet a lot of people and had some good times in the dorm/apartments. They recommend it if you have the chance, but don't expect a life changing semester.

believe it or not im not looking into a serious educational college experience. I hope to go part time and work at disney for the rest!

#1donaldfan
04-04-2011, 02:18 PM
believe it or not im not looking into a serious educational college experience. I hope to go part time and work at disney for the rest!

My DD is doing this currently and plans on extending through Aug, however for a serious, on campus, nose in the books college experience, this is NOT for you !!! Most all of your classes are going to be online, and through your original college, in her case WVU. She is having a great time and she has planned it in such a way that she is taking care of most electives and classes that are suitable for online work. After her tenure at Disney she will hit a school hard to finish up her degree.....Please don't let me dissuade you from this as it is so nice, her "Disney" apartment is beautiful, she is meeting a lot of great people, but in doing so, she works a full time schedule !! ...just so you know !!

KatieDuck22
04-05-2011, 01:47 PM
No that sounds fine! i just want to get a good young start and a foot in the door for a career in disney!

joanna71985
04-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Doing the CP definitely helps with getting your foot in the door