PDA

View Full Version : how to complain?

svarhall07
03-26-2011, 08:24 PM
I would like to send a few complaint e-mails to Disney about some restaurant experiences. What is the best way to contact individual restaurants?

thanks

JPL
03-26-2011, 08:51 PM
You can send an e-mail to Gueast Relations and tell them your complaints

[email protected]

MarkC
03-26-2011, 09:19 PM
I always find its good to talk to the manager while you are there. That way he can resolve any issues, and they DO want to know about them as they are held accountable for those issues as well.

Momto3littlemice
03-26-2011, 10:15 PM
After a disasterous evening at the Cali Grill, I wrote an email directly to the manager from a card that I picked up on my way out. She wrote back asking for more information, our dates, confirm # etc. I wrote with everything she asked for and she never contacted me again. I was pretty disappointed. I sure hope you get a better response!:mickey:

mom2morgan
03-27-2011, 02:19 PM
After a disasterous evening at the Cali Grill, I wrote an email directly to the manager from a card that I picked up on my way out. She wrote back asking for more information, our dates, confirm # etc. I wrote with everything she asked for and she never contacted me again. I was pretty disappointed. I sure hope you get a better response!:mickey:

I've heard that is pretty common :-( It would seem that once Disney already has your money they aren't too motivated to deal with complaints. It is always best - at restaurants or the resorts - to complain right at the time when there is still some hope of them correcting the problem. I've NEVER heard of them refunding money AFTER a bad experience!

Ian
03-27-2011, 02:40 PM
I've heard that is pretty common :-( It would seem that once Disney already has your money they aren't too motivated to deal with complaints. It is always best - at restaurants or the resorts - to complain right at the time when there is still some hope of them correcting the problem. I've NEVER heard of them refunding money AFTER a bad experience!Sad, but very very true.

DisneyFr33k
03-27-2011, 02:49 PM
You can send an e-mail to Gueast Relations and tell them your complaints

[email protected]

I've e-mailed complaints to this address and got a standard "we received your e-mail, thank you, we value your opinion" response. Nothing else.

I hope you get more than I did.

UCJen
03-27-2011, 04:14 PM
I've e-mailed complaints to this address and got a standard "we received your e-mail, thank you, we value your opinion" response. Nothing else.

I hope you get more than I did.

:ditto:

The only time I've ever gotten a response from them was when I wrote in about a top-notch server we had at Sanaa--it was a phone call. The other time I wrote in to complain, I did not even get as much as a response.

So, in essence, if you contact them to praise them, you will hear from them. If you contact them to complain, they don't want to know about you. :mad:

greengeen
03-27-2011, 06:15 PM
I've always received a response when contacting guest services by email, in fact I usually get a personal phone call. I state my issue without any ranting, and I'm not fishing for some kind of compensation. The reason I contact guest services is so they can fix problems that irritate guests. In my experience they do work for continuous improvement.

TheVBs
03-27-2011, 06:54 PM
I once relayed a bad experience through the guest services' email address and got a great response and offer of compensation. I only stated the problem in a "thought you'd like to know" kind of way, never asked for or expected compensation, so to be contacted by phone and offered it was a very nice surprise! :mickey: So I would definitely recommend letting them know about your experience. Hopefully, even if you're not offered compensation, they will apologize and keep the problem from happening to someone else.

Janmac
03-27-2011, 11:29 PM
I also got a response - a phone call and then a letter - after complaining about housekeeping at the Poly. I did word the complaint as a head's up that the rooms were not being done properly either from a return guest point of view or in the manner befitting a deluxe hotel. We received a complimentary one night stay at a deluxe resort - which was not asked for.

I do not recall if I wrote a letter or sent an e-mail but I did send it after I got home. We had daily housekeeping issues as well as maintenance problems.

Jan