PDA

View Full Version : Cars Meet and Greet

AgentP
03-25-2011, 09:56 AM
I just learned about the Cars Meet and Greet at DHS. Has anybody been to this lately that could share what their experience was like? Also, what other attractions are at DHS for a 4 and 6 year old? My husband and I have always skipped this park so I don't know much about it. Thanks!

MissTink
03-25-2011, 10:26 AM
The Cars meet and greet is really just a cute photo op, last time we were there, there was a fairly long line with a photopass photographer, music playing, and I want to say Lightning McQueen and Mater's eyes blinked and moved but I'm not positive... as far as other attractions for a 4 & 6 year old, Toy Story Mania of course! You must get there early and grab fast passes, long wait times and fast passes run out early. I have 8, 6 and 3 year olds, they LOVE the Lights Motor Action Extreme Stunt Show, check the times guide for times. There are also many many characters out during the morning/early afternoon, Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage, Muppet Vision 3 D, Indiana Jones show... this is DS6's favorite park. Have a great time!

Goes4FastPass
03-25-2011, 03:07 PM
at the Cars 'Meet and Greet' LightningMc and Mater are there but they don't talk but McQ revs his engine - our then 3YO found it actually kinda scary. Unlike the McQ and Mater he plays with at home thse Cars are large and loud.

Same boy now 4 LOVED doing Jedi Academy at DHS

MickeysBestPal
03-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Word is that Luigi's Garage will be closing for a refurb sometime in April and will re-open in mid-May.
Lightning and Mater (also getting a new look) will not be available during that time.

lovinmesomedisney
03-25-2011, 04:00 PM
As the others above said, pretty much a photo opportunity, but they are super cute. There is plenty to do with a 4 and 6 year old, as also mentioned above. One thing not mentioned are the characters. They can meet Buzz & Woody, and also at the Animation Studio they can meet Lotso, Sorcerer Mickey, and the Incredibles. There is also a character meal at Hollywood & Vine with Handy Manny and the Einsteins. Also, depending on how brave your kids are, mine loved the Tower of Terror.

lovinmesomedisney
03-25-2011, 04:02 PM
There is also the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. I know some people don't want to waste their time at a playground, but it was always one of the kids favorite things there. Makes for some really fun pictures. Another thing they seem to enjoy is the Muppets 3-D. There are plenty of things for kids to do in the Studios.

DJWaman
03-25-2011, 06:42 PM
we were there 2 weeks ago, not too long of a line, but with no interaction from the "Cars" we didn't stick around. Walked up and got a photo while they were switching kids out. We did DHS in 1/2 day. Toy Story mania is a must, but only if you go EARLY and fast past. Disney Junior was awesome for that age! We did the backlot tour for the grown ups. The Honey I Shrunk the Kids was good for the first 15 minutes and then got WAY too busy. My little one wanted OUT!

JPL
03-25-2011, 08:39 PM
If you do decide to do the Cars Meet & Greet make sure you pay attention to the show times at LMA. Last year we got there right before a show was getting out and there was no line at all by the time we were done taking picture the line was huge as all the people from the show made their way around. I also noticed a huge jump in the line when Muppetvision let's out.