PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training Academy

RBrooksC
03-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Quick question: My five year old son LOVES Darth Vader. When looking at photos of Disney to get him excited about our upcoming trip in May, he saw photos from the Jedi Training Academy. Those photos showed Darth Vader fighting the "trainees." Since this is the first year we are going where this event is pertinent to us, I really know nothing about it. Any information about show times, getting your child picked to participate, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Strmchsr
03-24-2011, 07:56 AM
You have to get there right at opening and get in line. They will hand out times to participate, but those times go very quickly.

Yes, every trainee gets to fight Darth Vadar one on one after being trained by the Jedi Master.

ali'sdad2003
03-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Just an FYI. Darth Vader also does meet and greets. The times are not posted. Just ask a CM by the Star Tours ride. We had Darth Vader and 2 Stormtroopers. We got some great pictures. Darth will sign but does not speak.

Next Trip 1/12???

RBrooksC
03-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the Darth Vader tip. I actually posted that in the Character section b/c I was afraid that inquiry would get lost. But, we are now trying to figure out our day on Friday, May 20th.

I think that day is going to be total Star Wars, and if my brother-in-law and sister-in-law don't care about the Star Wars festivities, they can get us the TSM fast passes to allow us to do that also.

This, I think, will also mean, going back to DHS on Monday to hit the stuff we are unable to hit due to all the Star Wars stuff. I have a feeling that first day of Star Wars Weekends is going to be a zoo.

dbright
04-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Strmchaser, you're my guy in the know today...thanks for the info on the hot air balloon. Now, more about the Jedi Training...
My 6 year old grandson talks about nothing but being a trainee...we thought it was something a reservation could be made for...now that I know that's not the case can you give me a bit more detail on how to be at the front of the line to have the best chance of him getting picked? He thinks his Nana has "connections" with people...Santa, Easter Bunny, all things Disney...help me make the magic happen for him!!! Yeah, I know...no pressure there...HA!!!

PopPhan
04-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Just a little off topic....There is a video out where a little girl JOINS Darth Vader at DHS...Kind of funny the reaction from the Jedi Master...

RBrooksC
04-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Strmchaser, you're my guy in the know today...thanks for the info on the hot air balloon. Now, more about the Jedi Training...
My 6 year old grandson talks about nothing but being a trainee...we thought it was something a reservation could be made for...now that I know that's not the case can you give me a bit more detail on how to be at the front of the line to have the best chance of him getting picked? He thinks his Nana has "connections" with people...Santa, Easter Bunny, all things Disney...help me make the magic happen for him!!! Yeah, I know...no pressure there...HA!!!

From what I have been told, all one has to do is be at the Studios early and make a bee-line quickly to the Jedi Training Academy table to sign-up the child. There are several show and you will get a slip with a time to come back with the child.

However, one has to be there first thing as it does fill up within 15 min of park opening or so I have been told.

Angryduck
04-14-2011, 08:17 AM
If your party can break up, I would get there at least an hour before park opening in order to be one of the first in line at the main gates and then just book it to that Cast Member. Also, let the cast member know it is for your grandson who is just in town etc etc etc. They love to hear that! :)

Then, you can relax until the rest of your party gets there and enjoy the quiet areas of the park.

Good Luck!

Turtle :)

dbright
04-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks for all the great suggestions!!

My daughter told me my grandson was up at 6am yesterday morning practicing his Jedi moves. Yeah, no pressure....LOL!!!

I can't wait...this is 1st trip to DIsney with him and looks like it will be just as special as the 1st time I was there with his 3 sisters.

TheRustyScupper
04-15-2011, 04:48 PM
My daughter told me my grandson was up at 6am yesterday morning practicing his Jedi moves. Yeah, no pressure....LOL!!!

1) As mentioned, forget TSM.
2) Make your path straight to Star Tours.
3) You and your child may wait in line to get a number.
4) But, for a devoted child, it is worth it !!!!!!!

ransam
04-16-2011, 03:02 AM
good luck, and may the force be w/ you and your family.

DisneyFr33k
04-16-2011, 07:07 AM
I am so glad they are doing it this way now.

Years ago we tried several times to get our son "picked" and he never was. It crused him so much that when I asked him if he wanted to try again he said "no, what's the use". It was one of the worst moments at Disney for us :( it is supposed to be a time of happiness for him!

I'm so glad that they worked out a system for parents to have some control if their child can participate.

Snow's Mom
04-17-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm not clear on the details. If we get in line right away and get a "slip", what kind of time lapse is there? Can the rest of the family go ride TSM and meet up with us later? Is the early A.M. the only time to sign up?

This is exciting news!

RBrooksC
04-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Early in the morning is the only time because as has been explained to me, the spots can fill up in little as 15 min.