PDA

View Full Version : crowds this week March 20

happy day
03-24-2011, 06:55 AM
Has the crowds gotten any less this week? Hoping for less crowds in the coming week.

Strmchsr
03-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Unfortunately, no. They're increasing. This has been an insanely busy spring.

Momto3littlemice
03-24-2011, 08:53 AM
I have to agree. While we were there (March 4-13) it was MUCH busier than we thought. And it seems everyone I know is headed there next week... however - getting there early and using fast passes will be a great way to stay ahead of it and remember... the weather should be amazing!:mickey:

Strmchsr
03-24-2011, 10:41 AM
the weather should be amazing!:mickey:

Actually, yesterday afternoon and this morning's models are showing a good chance of rain every day Monday through Saturday with the exception of Thursday. A front stalls out and pulses flow along the front and right over WDW. That doesn't mean it will happen as where the front chooses to stall will make all the difference. 100 miles either way will determine whether it's a rainy week or a dry sunny week. Too early to say right now.

retiredfigment
03-24-2011, 11:06 AM
But it is Disney. We will be there next week, and although would love hot and sunny, I will take warm and drizzle over sleet, slush, rain, hail, snow, freezing temps, any day. (And yes, all the above can happen in the span of 20 minutes in Ohio.)

happy day
03-24-2011, 05:58 PM
I want okay crowds and no rain.

Melanie
03-24-2011, 06:44 PM
I want okay crowds and no rain.

Don't we all? ;)

DJWaman
03-25-2011, 06:49 PM
was there 13-18 and the crowds were tolerable for "our type" of trip. We never stood in a line for more than 20mins, and those were few and far in between. But if you don't fast pass then your in for it!! Alot of lines were 70 minute waits!

svarhall07
03-26-2011, 03:06 PM
just returned late last night, was in the parks March 20-25. The crowds were totally manageable! I kept hearing people saying, "I've never seen it this bad", but I rode every big ride and most of the others and never waited more than 20 minutes. Yes, Kilimanjaro Safaris was a 100 minute wait, Rock'n"Roller Coaster was a 90 minute wait, Splash Mountain was 80 minutes, and Soarin' was 110 minutes - BUT we got to the parks before opening, took full advantage of fast passes, left the parks by 12:30pm, returned for dinner ADRs around 6, and stayed in the parks at night and never dealt with a long line. It was awesome. So many people have no idea what they're doing. Oh well, plan, prepare, and manage once you get there and the crowds don't matter.

MarkC
03-26-2011, 03:10 PM
just returned late last night, was in the parks March 20-25. The crowds were totally manageable! I kept hearing people saying, "I've never seen it this bad", but I rode every big ride and most of the others and never waited more than 20 minutes. Yes, Kilimanjaro Safaris was a 100 minute wait, Rock'n"Roller Coaster was a 90 minute wait, Splash Mountain was 80 minutes, and Soarin' was 110 minutes - BUT we got to the parks before opening, took full advantage of fast passes, left the parks by 12:30pm, returned for dinner ADRs around 6, and stayed in the parks at night and never dealt with a long line. It was awesome. So many people have no idea what they're doing. Oh well, plan, prepare, and manage once you get there and the crowds don't matter.

Truer words were never spoken. I tell people that all the time, yet some of them will show up at the parks at 10am and then complain they had to stand in lines. Shocking!!