PDA

View Full Version : Spectro Magic vs. Electrical Parade

Cjsmom1811
03-24-2011, 01:50 AM
I havent been to WDW in five years, but I will be going with my boyfriends family in june. I was on YouTube tonight watching WDW ride video's and parades and saw the new Electrical Parade. Am I the only one who liked Spectro Magic better? I miss the soundtrack, though I did enjoy seeing some of the new floats.

Thoughts? :twocents: :confused:

Altair
03-24-2011, 06:19 AM
Spectro Magic is the only parade at WDW I go out of my way to see. There just seems to be something special about it. We saw the Electrical parade last December and did not get the same feeling.:mickey:

cather74
03-24-2011, 06:54 AM
I guess it depends on who you are. I grew up with the Electric Light Parade and they replaced it with Spectromagic. I think both are awesome. I haven't seen MEP since I was little so I'm sure just hearing the music would turn the clock back and give me chills. Although Spectro is awesome too. Tough choice.....:mickey:

kakn7294
03-24-2011, 07:23 AM
My family likes Spectro better as well. I definately prefer Spectro's music - that soundtrack from MSEP seriously grates on my nerves to the point that I've used my ipod to try to drowned it out (doesn't work - the parade is too loud!). And although I enjoy seeing the floats of MSEP, I miss the floats of Spectro, especially Mickey, Ariel, and Chernabog. DH and I also have a sentimental attachment to Spectro because it's the first parade we saw together on our honeymoon even though MSEP is the first one we each saw as kids.

BraddyB
03-24-2011, 07:27 AM
Another vote for Spectro here !!

kari b.
03-24-2011, 08:18 AM
I grew up on MSEP too, and it had been a few years since I'd seen it when I first saw Spectro. I thought wow... Spectro is nice but MSEP is better. Well, after seeing Spectro countless times, when I first saw the MSEP again I was shocked. I thought Spectro was way better. It was nice to see MSEP again, but I had built it up in my head to be better than it was, lol!

slegrant
03-24-2011, 08:40 AM
Love them both , but got to go with the Classic Main Street Electrical Parade as my favorite:mickey:

lovinmesomedisney
03-24-2011, 09:03 AM
MSEP was the first I had ever seen, but Spectro is definitely my favorite! I wondered what all the fuss was about when they brought back the MSEP, and I thought maybe I just was missing something. Well, after seeing it three times since it's been back, I want my Spectro back! :mickey: I have to listen to my Spectro music on my Ipod instead.

Auntie B
03-24-2011, 10:04 AM
I too love Spectro. Something about it just gives me chills and makes me smile ear to ear! :mickey:

JPL
03-24-2011, 10:07 AM
I really like both parades :thumbsup:

But there is still something special about MSEP it just brings me back to my childhood sitting with my grandmother on Main Street evry night we were in the MK watch it during both showings. It was her favorite thing in WDW! I still get a little choked up every time I see it.

Now with Spectro I really enjoy it and always make a point to see but I will admit it was getting a little tired and the change back to MSEP was good. I just hope that when Spectro comes back they update it a little bit.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-24-2011, 10:18 AM
I've never seen the Electrical only Spectro...will this still be the parade in December or are they going back to Spectro?

Daisy'sMom
03-24-2011, 10:19 AM
I have to go with the classic. Main Street Electric is just so wonderful, it brings back so many memories when you hear the first note. Spectro never came close and I am so glad the original is back.:mickey:

beksy
03-24-2011, 11:49 AM
I love MSEP. It is what I grew up watching and I love the music and memories. Spectro is great, too, but for me MSEP is my favorite.

crazygoalie39
03-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Spectro! I miss it so much. :(
Spectro was just so much more magical to me and I absolutely love the music.

ShinynewJB
03-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Oh no, does this mean Spectromagic is no more??

I'm going to be gutted if that's the case. It's the only parade I care about in WDW and It'll be a bummer if we don't get to see it on our upcomming trip. :(

DonaldsBFF
03-24-2011, 12:31 PM
So awesome to see another Yorker (OP)!
I would say that Spectro has a special place for me and DW. It was one of the first things we saw on our honeymoon trip. Love the music. Never saw the EP but wouldn't mind seeing it at least once so I could compare. Anyone know how long it will be staying?

johnO
03-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Not sure which one I like better, but I do like them both.

Ayndi
03-25-2011, 08:46 PM
I much prefer Spectro - and I grew up on the EP.

I don't even stop to watch it when there.

LVT
03-25-2011, 10:03 PM
I like the occasional change.

readytogo2
03-26-2011, 12:37 PM
I too love Spectro. Something about it just gives me chills and makes me smile ear to ear! :mickey:

couldnt agree more

waymickey
03-26-2011, 09:56 PM
I like them both very much!!:mickey:

2Epcot
03-27-2011, 12:02 AM
I saw the Electrical Parade when I was young, but have seen both parades many times over the years. I prefer the MSEP over Spectro.

When they sent the parade over to WDW I read a lot of comments from Disneyland passholders thinking they should swap parades and get Specto in CA, but far more did not want Specto at all, and just wanted the Electrical Parade back.

darthmacho
03-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Having seen both, I'm partial to the Electrical Parade because I thought it was a little more light-hearted and colorful. :mickey:

MrPeetrie
03-27-2011, 04:55 PM
We saw Spectromagic Parade once and I thought it was the most amazing parade ever.! I didn't know Spectromagic Parade and Main Street Electrical Parade weren't the same parade. I thought it just had an updated name. Silly me.

DisneyPrincess21
03-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Am I the only one who liked Spectro Magic better? I miss the soundtrack, though I did enjoy seeing some of the new floats.

Thoughts? :twocents: :confused:

Spectro Magic is the only parade at WDW I go out of my way to see. There just seems to be something special about it. We saw the Electrical parade last December and did not get the same feeling.:mickey:

Spectro! I miss it so much. :(
Spectro was just so much more magical to me and I absolutely love the music.

I agree with you guys, Spectro is waaaaay better. When we saw MSEP this past December, me and my mom actually couldn't wait for it to be over. My mom actually said to me "Come on! When's this stupid parade going to be done?!?"

We both agreed Spectro was much better, the music, the floats, etc. When I hear Spectro's music it actually makes me smile & feel happy. I have Spectro music made as a ringtone for the alarm on my cellphone.

I can't wait for them to bring Spectromagic back! Send MSEP back to Disneyland :ack: