PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Dining choices

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-23-2011, 12:32 PM
My mom and son have their heart set on Lecellier for our upcoming trip...we do not want to spend 2 TS so our only choice will be lunch...I am wondering how difficult its going to be now to get a lunch ressie...if we cannot I need a good backup choice...what would you suggest? My son is rather picky, he loves meat but is picky about how it is prepared, he will eat it grilled and sauted, but isn't big on sauced meats and isn't a big veggie eater. He likes meat and fries basically....can you give me some good backup choices?

DisneyBunch5
03-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Have you thought about Ohana? They offer a selection of grilled meats, as well as other sides. Although it's not in Epcot, it's just a monorail ride away.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Actually we are doing Ohana another day...we would like to stay in Epcot that day anyway. Thanks

HoosierDisneyFan
03-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Germany! My 14 year old son sounds like your son. When he was 11 I had to drag him in to Biergarten (mainly due to the Sauerkraut smell) but once he eaten there once he was hooked. Lots of chicken, pork and sauage options. It is a buffet style so he can pick what he wants. We will be there next week!

pandkx3
03-23-2011, 10:27 PM
How about Rose and Crown? Fish and chips...steak..and with the right timing you could watch Illuminations as you dine:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-24-2011, 10:30 AM
We ate at Biergarten last trip and mom and I liked it but he wasn't really thrilled...I have looked at Rose and Crown I would like to try it but not sure mom or son would be thrilled...I guess it would be okay if they will grill him a steak plain and give him fries...he won't do sauces or gravies

I was looking through the menus and I'm thinking Garden Grill or Coral Reef at this point...Teppon Edo possibly although mom isn't crazy about Japanese

teambricker04
03-24-2011, 11:00 AM
We like the Garden Grille! While it is a bunch of different things served family style, it was plenty and the food was good.

:mickey:

DisneyDINK
03-24-2011, 11:12 AM
What about Nia Napoli? Will he eat pizza or pasta? I'm not sure how much safer you can get than italian.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-25-2011, 08:15 AM
If we weren't already eating at Mama's in DHS, one of the Epcot Italian restaurants definitely would have been our choice but we're wanting something different...I'm thinking Garden Grill would be the wise choice....

CanadaLovesDisney
03-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Coral reef is one of our favorite restaurants! But I have never seen anyone with fries there.. I suppose they might accommodate a plain unseasoned steak if they aren't pre-prepared ahead of time.

Good luck and have fun!

Mickey'sGirl
03-25-2011, 11:23 AM
I know that there's steak and fries at Chefs de France at lunchtime ... That might be one to consider .... Our kids enjoy the food there!

Kaps
03-25-2011, 11:29 AM
My kids are all meat and potato kids and they loved the coarl reef. There should be something there for him.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Coral reef is one of our favorite restaurants! But I have never seen anyone with fries there.. I suppose they might accommodate a plain unseasoned steak if they aren't pre-prepared ahead of time.

Good luck and have fun!

They actually did this for him in LeCellier just not sure if Coral Reef would do that....

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-25-2011, 02:04 PM
I know that there's steak and fries at Chefs de France at lunchtime ... That might be one to consider .... Our kids enjoy the food there!

Hmmm...that's something to consider. As picky as he is, he loves escargot:sick:

I would like to try something new though and we've eaten there before. Really thinking Garden Grill or Coral Reef since those would be new for us. Thanks

DJWaman
03-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Coral Reef was AMAZING. They food was good- my kids DID have fries. Watching all the sea life makes it a new "have to" from now on.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-25-2011, 09:39 PM
I think I'll show him Coral Reef's menu and see what he thinks

KylesMom
03-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Remember too that "Garden Grill" is indicative of the theme . . . garden fresh vegetables. I think I would take a peek at Coral Reef as well. :mickey:

ElenitaB
03-26-2011, 06:03 PM
They actually did this for him in LeCellier just not sure if Coral Reef would do that....
They did exactly that for my son when we ate there. He wanted plain, grilled chicken (no "fancy sauces"... his words) and they made him exactly that.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-27-2011, 01:58 PM
That's good to know, he also enjoys seafood but likes it pretty plainly prepared as well...