PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions

Momto3littlemice
03-23-2011, 12:10 PM
1. What restaurant (CS or TS) is the one place you can not miss on a WDW trip?

2. What restaurant do you really want to try?

lettripp
03-23-2011, 12:16 PM
1) Our "can't miss" is the Biergarten! We love the beer:beer: and the entertainment! We are also very social people and don't mind sitting with people.

2) Our need to try is definitely Ohana's. Our next trip is the first time we've been able to get reservations and we are psyched!

MarkC
03-23-2011, 12:19 PM
I agree about Biergarten, but asking what restaurant you can't miss is like asking what ride you can't miss. There are so many its impossible to narrow it down to one, or even a few. Individual tastes vary as well.

Now if you're talking about pastries, that's easy but I'll list two--the chocolate cake at France and the Almond pretzel at Norway. Yummy.

MOJoe
03-23-2011, 12:39 PM
My boys ask to eat at Sci-Fi every trip. We always do lunch there. It's a great break from the heat of a June afternoon.

I've never been to Narcoosees, but i hope to dine there this May!

CanadaLovesDisney
03-23-2011, 12:57 PM
We Have been to tones every single year! Some people don't like tonys but we do and they are so good about allergies! We also always go to wolf gang puck express (sooo good)! And coral reef is another favourite!

We have yet to try la hacienda or the German pavilion! Hopefully next trip!

JPL
03-23-2011, 01:05 PM
CS: Flame Tree BBQ :tasty:

TS: Boma :eat:

I really want to try Jiko at AKL I keep hearing how great it is but just never had the chance to eat there.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-23-2011, 01:18 PM
We have several can't miss:

TS-Hood De Doo-for my son
TS-LeCellier-for mom and son
CS-Wolgang Puck Express-we all agree
CS-Starring Rolls-mom and me

Can't wait to try:

Ohana's

Narawen
03-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Can't Miss: After one visit last fall, Ohana's is a must for us. Boma is also a can't miss for us. Ooh, and Crystal Palace before MK opening.

It seems every trip something becomes a "can't miss" for us. It's getting harder to work them in while also trying new places, since our trips are usually only 4-5 days.

Want to try: San Angel Inn. Ever since I was little I've wanted to eat there, if only for the atmosphere. We're planning on it in Dec for the CP package. :thumbsup:

iloveokw
03-23-2011, 02:26 PM
We always try to start our trip with lunch at Beaches and Cream. We also never miss Teppen Edo. Lots of other favorites like Earle of Sandwich.....

DonaldsBFF
03-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Can't miss: Chef Mickey's and Ohana

Want to go: Whispering Canyon and California Grill

DisneyBunch5
03-23-2011, 02:54 PM
We'll also vote for Wolfgang Puck Express as our favorite counter service.

Beaches and Cream has also been on our must do list. Good food and GREAT sundaes.

disneydeb
03-23-2011, 03:06 PM
cs: Flame tree bbq :tasty:

Ts: Boma :eat:

I really want to try jiko at akl i keep hearing how great it is but just never had the chance to eat there.

ditto!!

ryca1dreams
03-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Our must-not-miss is Boma. Probably our family favorite.

I would like to try Narcoossee's some day.

SBETigg
03-23-2011, 03:54 PM
I've been to all my can't-misses enough that they are no longer can't miss for me. I love trying the old favorites, but I love catching some new experiences and if I can't grab an ADR at some of my favorite places, it doesn't make or break my trip.

California Grill probably comes closest to my consistent Can't Miss (though I could miss and not mourn). And I've tried most of the Signature dining, but not Yachtsman's Steakhouse or Artist Point, so they are on my list to try.

Momto3littlemice
03-23-2011, 04:22 PM
To answer my own thread :

Can't miss : Boma

Want to try : Biergarten and Garden Grill

(but you are all making me curious about some others... starring rolls? Never even seen that...)

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-23-2011, 04:39 PM
To answer my own thread :

Can't miss : Boma

Want to try : Biergarten and Garden Grill

(but you are all making me curious about some others... starring rolls? Never even seen that...)

Starring rolls is a hidden gem at DHS located next door to Brown Derby...they have a limited lunch menu but its delish....gourmet sandwiches and awesome pastries...to me the only decent CS in DHS

Jared
03-23-2011, 04:52 PM
I've been to all my can't-misses enough that they are no longer can't miss for me. I love trying the old favorites, but I love catching some new experiences and if I can't grab an ADR at some of my favorite places, it doesn't make or break my trip.
I agree with this post. I don't have any real "can't-miss" places at this point. If I skip a restaurant one trip, I know it'll still be there next time. My family eats at Columbia Harbour House literally every trip, so I suppose that counts. It's more out of convenience and tradition than devotion, though.

I know which place I want to try: Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The menu looks wonderful, and I haven't read a negative review yet.

Polynesian Dweller
03-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Our can't miss is Narcoosee's with Portabello almost so. Over 20 years we've tried most restaurants so no real want tries.

DANAM
03-24-2011, 11:34 AM
CS: Flame Tree (AK)

TS: 'Ohana (POLY)

DANAM
03-24-2011, 11:35 AM
CS: Flame Tree (AK)

TS: 'Ohana (POLY)

OH I forgot
CS: Wolf Gang Puck Express in DTD...how could I forget that one!

DisneyDINK
03-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Can't Miss: Biergarten, O'Hana, California Grille and Boma

Want to try: Nia Napoli, 50's Prime Time

Last trip we tried Kimono's at the Swan (very good sushi and SUPER service) and Boatwright's for the first time. If you are staying at a deluxe or a value it is a bit hard to get to and from a moderate for a meal; takes time, kind of a pain to get there and back on the busses.

I also need several Dole Whips on any given trip. They're available nearly around the clock at Caprain Cook's unless they're cleaning the machine.