PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Been to Ohana's Lately?

jnfr2424
03-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Was speaking to a friend who just returned from the World and they had dinner at Ohana's.
She said that when Wishes started, the lights were not dimmed nor the music was piped in.
Is this true? Has anyone else experienced this latey?

SBETigg
03-23-2011, 08:45 AM
I thought maybe this happened during our August 2010 trip, but I checked back in my trip notes, and no, I think we had the dim lights and music on that trip. So maybe someone more recently will report news on this. I like to think it was a fluke, or maybe she wasn't there during Wishes and was confused.

MW1218
03-23-2011, 12:03 PM
They haven't dimmed the lights, since the say it is a safety issue as far back as 2007. On my most recent trip we ate at Ohana and watched the fireworks from the beach, and we were disappointed because we could barely hear the music...it was like it wasn't even piped in at all.

SBETigg
03-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Maybe they didn't dim when I was there in 2010. Now I'm not sure again. My trip notes aren't very specific on the issue, so mostly from memory and a few comments on watching Wishes from our table. I do think the lights were lowered a bit, maybe not totally dimmed? And I have a note on my kids making fun of the Wishes soundtrack (we always do, none of us like it much)-- but that doesn't mean we heard it. If Wishes was going on, we could have been just talking about it. So hmm.