PDA

View Full Version : Should I change my ADR?

SuzieBell
03-23-2011, 07:42 AM
:confused: I have an ADR at 'ohana for my son's B'day at 5:10pm. After reading other posts I'm wondering if I should try and change to a later time (if I can) so we can see Wishes? I don't know what I was thinking! I was going to surprise DS & DH and take them down to the beach area at Poly and watch the water parade. I really hate eating all that food so late though!:sick: Or maybe after we eat we can sit on the beach and watch wishes and the water parade while sipping a cocktail?!:marg: Would love any suggestions! 78 more days!!

ryca1dreams
03-23-2011, 08:30 AM
If you want to have dinner at your current time, I wouldn't change it. You can always go to the beach after and watch both the Water Pageant and Wishes. The last time I did that though, they didn't play the music for Wishes at the beach - don't know if that's changed. But still a neat show.

SBETigg
03-23-2011, 08:38 AM
The viewing at 'Ohana isn't worth changing your reservation for, and no guarantee that you'll be near a window with a good view (even with a birthday celebration- there's always many groups celebrating something). I think your best bet is to eat first then head to the beach for Wishes and the Electric Water Pageant. If hearing the WIshes music is important to you, it's best to stay near the pool- that's where the music is piped in. But I prefer finding some chairs in a more private spot down the beach. You will hear the Electric Water Pageant music from anywhere out there.

I checked back and realized your reservation is pretty early to stay later for even the beach viewing. Perhaps an hour later or so on the reservation would allow you to finish the meal in time for viewing. Or you could keep your time and just head to the MK afterwards.

KylesMom
03-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Suzie, I'm not sure how old your son is going to be, but I wouldn't change your reservation. Once you're seated and have been served initial food & drink, your DS will have a chance to participate in the games that Ohana offers. I think I noted they started around 6 last time we were there.

Our family has found found that an earlier dinner works for us at Ohana (less chance of our ADR getting pushed back by 1+ hour), and then if we want to catch Wishes & the water pageant there are several options open to us afterward. :papple:

Momto3littlemice
03-23-2011, 09:59 AM
I agree! Don't change it! For us, the later the reservation, the more tired the kids are and the worse it goes. Why not have your dinner at schedule time, take your time (which can be challenging at 'Ohana), enjoy the games etc. Then if you want to catch wishes, monorail back over to MK, or just take in the sights at the poly until then. We tried this late ressie for Wishes one year (at Cali Grill) and the kids were so dead tired (to be fair, they seated us over an hour late) that it wasn't even enjoyable and is counted as one of our least magical experiences at WDW.

I bet your son will enjoy it more if it is earlier and then you can always stick around or not. Enjoy! :mickey:

SuzieBell
03-23-2011, 10:13 AM
THANK YOU ALL! I think I will just keep it! I did check and the only time available is 8:45PM! That's too late to eat! He will be 12! 12 on the 12th! We might just ride around the monorail afterwards then head back to the beach. Just play it by "ear"!:D I know DS won't be able to wait that long to eat anyway! This is a surprise birthday trip for him so I can't ask him and DH is NOT allowed to talk about it at home! you never know when little ears are listening!:secret: I just needed some reassurance from my fellow intercot friends!!

SBETigg
03-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Worth adding that 'Ohana is not a place that you can count on arriving and being seated right away, especially as it gets later in the evening. The 8:45 reservation might not be seated until 9 or later. So I think it's a good call keeping to the original seating plan.