PDA

View Full Version : CS choices too similar?

Narawen
03-22-2011, 12:03 PM
I've planned out where to make TS ADRs for each of our park days and was also loosely outlining where to eat CS in each park, partly trying to find new places, and avoiding 5 days of burgers and fries (although Pecos Bill's is on the list). Going back over it, I have Yak and Yeti CS for our AK day, and Yakitori House for our EPCOT day. Are these choice too similar? I'd prefer to keep Yak and Yeti because AK doesn't have too many CS choices, and obviously the WS has so many.

If they are similar, what would you recommend at EPCOT? We'll be having lunch at San Angel Inn, so no more mexican, please. I was thinking maybe Boulangerie Patisserie to re-live my time in France, but maybe there are better choices?

cer
03-22-2011, 12:12 PM
I have heard Flame Tree Barbeque is good at AK. (I know it smells really good!) I am going to make a point of going there on our next trip.

I have eaten at Yak & Yeti (counter service and table service) and Yakitori. I personally did not particularly care too much for Yakitori, but I don't think they are too similar.

I have heard Sunshine Seasons is good. The bakery in France is good, but I did not eat anything lunchy there, just sweets.

Good luck!

Mickey'sGirl
03-22-2011, 12:16 PM
We really really, really enjoy the food at the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. It has large servings of fresh and tasty food. It is our favourite counter service restaurant at Epcot.

We've haven't eaten at AK in years (we don't spend very much time there I'm afraid), but if we did, I would aim for the Yak and Yeti myself!

:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-22-2011, 12:55 PM
I agree that Flame Tree is excellent at AK, but can't comment on Yak and Yeti...I think you will have an abundance of excellent choices at Epcot...the fish n chips at Epcot can't be beat, the Mexican CS is tasty also if you like Middle Eastern I've heard good things about Tangerine Cafe...Sunshine seasons looks good too and I see they have a nice variety anything from Asian dishes, to sandwiches, to salmon or chicken...have fun planning

Pooh Fan
03-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I have to agree with previous comments. Fame Tree is one of my favourite CS at Disney and although not my personal favourite, Tangerine is very unique and as far from Burgers and Fries as you will find. Portions are large and eveything looks so fresh.

JPL
03-22-2011, 01:44 PM
In the MK

Cosmic Rays has lots of other choices and so does Columbia Harbor House

BrerGnat
03-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I routinely spend a week in WDW and never have a burger and fries. It's possible.

I'd also highly recommend Flame Tree BBQ in AK. Honestly, even Pizzafari is good. They have a good hot italian sandwich and good salads (pizza for the kids, if you have any).

In Epcot, I like Sunshine Seasons the most. Most selection there, although most of the countries offer good CS meals OR food from carts that you can make meals out of. If it's open, Refreshment Port makes good empanadas!

SBETigg
03-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Yakitori House is Japanese. It's not that similar to Yak and Yeti. I would say that Yak and Yeti offers food more similar to China's Lotus Blossom. Yakitori House is one of our favorites, but we also love Tangierine Cafe. If you're going at a hot time of year and looking for relief from the sun and temps, Yakitori House has an air-conditioned, indoor eating area, which is a point in its favor.

lettripp
03-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Sunshine Seasons is our favorite quick service at Epcot. They have a HUGE variety of really tasty food. It also seems to be some of the most fresh quick service at Epcot. Last time, I had very tasty pan seared tuna salad... Mmmmm drooling just thinking about it.

Jared
03-23-2011, 05:11 PM
We really really, really enjoy the food at the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. It has large servings of fresh and tasty food. It is our favourite counter service restaurant at Epcot.Tangierine Cafe receives my vote for the best counter service restaurant in any park! I'm biased, I suppose, because I adore Mediterranean cuisine, but the schwarma platters are a treat! Strangely, I don't like Restaurant Marrakesh much and much prefer Tangierine.

I routinely spend a week in WDW and never have a burger and fries. It's possible.
It sure is! I'm the exact same way. I go every trip without eating a burger and fries once, even at counter service restaurants.

Yakitori House is Japanese. It's not that similar to Yak and Yeti. I would say that Yak and Yeti offers food more similar to China's Lotus Blossom. Yakitori House is one of our favorites, but we also love Tangierine Cafe. If you're going at a hot time of year and looking for relief from the sun and temps, Yakitori House has an air-conditioned, indoor eating area, which is a point in its favor.
I agree that Yak and Yeti's counter service offering and Yakitori House in Epcot aren't exactly comparable. Still, I don't recommend either place. My experiences at Yak and Yeti for counter service have all been negative. It's disappointing, because I like the table service location very much.

As for Yakitori House, it's just decent. It's a lot better than Lotus Blossom over in China, but that probably doesn't say much. Honestly, I'd stick with Sunshine Seasons over Yakitori.

Narawen
03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks all! Great ideas for CS.

teambricker04
03-24-2011, 11:26 AM
We often look for CS for entertainment factor as well. In EPCOT my family enjoys sitting outside at the Tangierine Cafe (our FAVORITE CS in all of WDW!) and watching the performers (a rock bank, but I don't remember the name of it and I think it changes through out the day). We love Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Rays in MK or the Pinocchio Haus to overlook the IASW boats. At DHS we like Pizza Planet while we sit outside near the Muppets fountain or the Backlot Express for some relaxing and people watching.

Our last trip I was so over eating burgers and fries every where so I made sure that we had plenty of CS options! It made a huge difference and we found places we had never tried before :mickey:

DANAM
03-24-2011, 11:33 AM
I've had both Yak and Yeti and Flame Tree and I prefer Flame Tree. We have been there every trip and I even make there BBQ sauce at home. Yak and Yeti CS is okay. I would go again but not over Flame Tree.

Tinkerbella16
03-24-2011, 01:43 PM
I would have to agree with everyone else.. Flame Tree BBQ at AK is excellent for CS dining!!

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot (Land Pavilion) is also excellent if you want something different...so many choices there to choose from!!

chrisie703
03-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Try Flame Tree BBQ in AK for sure, the combo meals are big enough to share and you can sit by the water with a view of Expedition Everest.

I had an egg roll & fried rice at Yak & Yeti last year and it was not good. :ack:

I also agree about Sunshine Seasons, good food, biggest menu of all CS in Disney & the menu is always changing.

UK's Fish & Chips are very good, seating is lakeside, but limited.

The hot ham & cheese croissants and quiches in the France CS are excellent. The line is long, but moves quickly. The deserts are some of the best.

I read that Italy now has a pizza window, but a slice is $4.50 :jaw: But I don't know how good it is.

:mickey:

Pop Centurion
03-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Not only does Sunshine Seasons have a big selection of food but also dessert as well which makes it my top choice in Epcot.

Flame Tree BBQ is another favorite and a pretty good value IMO.

Momto3littlemice
03-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Another vote against Yakitori. We did not enjoy our meal there at all. If you want to eat in World Showcase, how about sandwiches in Norway (at Kringla). We saw them on our last visit and they looked delish!:mickey: