PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort to Welcome Two New Shops to Downtown Disney District

tinkwest
03-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Press Release:

ANAHEIM, CALIF. Mar. 7, 2011 – Disneyland Resort today announced two new retail stores coming to Downtown Disney this spring – Sanuk, a footwear shop and BLINK, a denim apparel store.

“We look forward to welcoming both Sanuk and BLINK to Downtown Disney,” said Tony Bruno, vice president, Disneyland Resort hotels and Downtown Disney. “Both locations will provide our guests with distinctive product and are a great fit with our unique blend of retail, dining and entertainment offerings.”

Sanuk’s new flagship location will offer the largest selection of product available outside of the company’s online store, including flip flops, surf sandals and other beach footwear, such as their signature yoga mat flip-flops.

“Taking its name from the Thai word for fun, Sanuk strives to make innovative products that are as much about funk as they are about function,” said Jeff Kelley, Sanuk founder. “We are happy to be back at Downtown Disney.”

Sanuk first joined Downtown Disney in 2010 – that pop-up was the company’s first retail store. Its success paved the way for the new, larger space.

Also coming to Downtown Disney this spring is BLINK, a denim-focused pop-up concept, owned by Wet Seal. BLINK features the latest trends in denim, while also offering a variety of fashion and casual tops, as well as accessories to complete a desired look. The BLINK concept was developed out of Wet Seal’s strong denim focus and serves as an extension of the brand.

“Opening Wet Seal’s concept shop BLINK in Downtown Disney, a major Southern California tourist destination, will be a great opportunity for the brand,” said Steve Benrubi, chief financial officer of The Wet Seal, Inc. “We’re eager to feature our new location in the vibrant entertainment area of the resort, and expect that visitors will enjoy shopping a wide assortment of merchandise.”

At BLINK, “Denim Experts” will be available to offer a high level of service and product knowledge about dozens of styles from various fashion brands.

About Sanuk
Founded by Southern California native Jeff Kelley, Sanuk provides creatively inspired yet distinctively designed footwear products for the global outdoor community. Taking its name from the Thai word for fun, Sanuk strives to make innovative products that are as much about funk as they are about function. Sanuk products have been twice recognized at the SIMA Image Awards as the 2007 and 2010 Footwear Product of the Year. The brand is best known for its Sidewalk Surfers, often referred to as “Not-A-Shoes”, for their patented sandal construction which allows your feet to bend and flex in natural comfort. Sanuk also leads its industry by using innovative materials in its footwear such as yoga mat and indoor-outdoor carpet. Sanuk continues to sponsor a spectrum of premier athletes, including surfers like Donavon Frankenreiter and Dave Rastovich and rock climbers like Chris Sharma and Daniel Woods. Sanuk products are now distributed in nearly 70 countries worldwide. Learn more at www.sanuk.com. Smile...Pass It On!

About Wet Seal
Headquartered in Foothill Ranch, California, The Wet Seal, Inc. is a leading specialty retailer of fashionable and contemporary apparel and accessory items. As of February 26, 2011, the Company operated a total of 533 stores in 47 states and Puerto Rico, including 450 Wet Seal stores and 83 Arden B stores. The Company’s products can also be purchased online at www.wetseal.com or www.ardenb.com. For more company information, visit www.wetsealinc.com.

I know Sanuk will be housed in the old Basin store as they already have their welcome mat out. I will miss Basin. I always bought myself a little something there. I assume BLINK will be in the Anne Geddes store that is now borded up and undergoing a change. The loss of that store does not bother me in the least bit.

BrerGnat
03-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Linda, I couldn't agree with you more on both counts. DH and I actually had a running joke about the Anne Geddes store, and how long it would last there. Glad to see it FINALLY going away!

However, I am really upset about the loss of Basin. That store was amazing! I still can't understand how that one didn't survive, but Sephora is still going strong? :confused: Do that many people buy makeup at Downtown Disney???

That Sanuk store is weird. I went in there when it had its temporary location, as I was intrigued by the shoes. They could not have been more uncomfortable and overpriced. Honestly...the place took price gouging to a whole new level. I am shocked that they did well enough in the trial to go to a larger location.