PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Package - which restaurant

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-22-2011, 10:20 AM
We are planning our October trip!!!!!!!

Which place should we make Fantasmic Package dining plans for? :thumbsup:

Both of these restaruants will be new for us.

JPL
03-22-2011, 10:36 AM
I have done the package a few times and always chose Hollywood & Vine since it is a buffet the cheapest of the options. The food was always good and never really had any complaints from the people I was with either.

Dulcee
03-22-2011, 11:04 AM
We always go Mama Melrose.

First off I personally think the package is worth it, especially if your on the basic dining plan as the package includes an appetizer, dinner and dessert at Mama Melrose. And while you still need to be in line early you don't have to wait for 3 hours for a seat at Fantasmic.

The food at Vine and dine has never appealed to us so I can't speak from experience there but I can say the food at Mama Melrose has always been consistently good. While its not a gourmet meal is solid americanized italian food thats well above Olive Garden-esque standards.

KylesMom
03-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Like Dulcee, we prefer Mama Melrose & have been dining there for several years for both the Fantasmic! dining package and various lunch & dinner ADRs. Love the ambiance and overall experience here. :wine:

Mickey'sGirl
03-22-2011, 12:19 PM
We are going to the Brown Derby. We have enjoyed it immensely in the past, while I cannot say the same for the other two restaurants. I know it is a little more expensive, but if I'm paying for the opportunity to line up a little later for Fantasmic, then I might as well pay a little more for food that is more to my tastes.

Mickey'sIrishPAl
03-22-2011, 02:19 PM
So, I have never done the Fantasmic Dinner package, but have ADRs for September 22nd at 5:00pm at H&V. My question is, do we eat and then get passes to arrive within an hour of the Fantasmic show or do we get passes at check-in at the resort? Thank you in advance. Usually someone is planning my Disney trip, but I am taking control on this one.

Mickey'sGirl
03-22-2011, 02:29 PM
You will get your passes after you have paid your bill at the restaurant on the day of the show.

Mickey'sIrishPAl
03-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Thank you Mickey'sGirl. :mickey:

Dream'nDisney
03-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Did I read somewhere that you are no longer guaranteed a seat at Fantasmic even if you take part in the Fantasmic Dinner Package?

Narawen
03-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Did I read somewhere that you are no longer guaranteed a seat at Fantasmic even if you take part in the Fantasmic Dinner Package?

They tell you to arrive 30-45 minutes prior to show time to sit in the reserved section. I've read on other Disney boards that on crowded nights, they open up the reserved section to the general public 30 mins before show time, so I guess if you arrived after the time window they gave you, you're not guaranteed a seat. Not sure about policy if you arrive on-time though.

NJGIRL
03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
A vote for Hollywood and Vine. The food there has always been hot and filled. There are alot of "simple" choices but they are tasty.

Mama melrose was OK, but IMO not really good Italian food.

Adambomb85
03-28-2011, 12:43 PM
I ate at Hollywood & Vine once and vowed never to go back. The food was cold and it just didn't do it for me.

I voted for Mama Melrose which is OK, I ate there once and enjoyed the meal with friends. It is certainly not authentic Italian fare, but was decent food!

I would have voted for Brown Derby if you gave that option - have yet to be disappointed there!

Best of luck with your choice :)

Dream'nDisney
03-28-2011, 12:52 PM
They tell you to arrive 30-45 minutes prior to show time to sit in the reserved section. I've read on other Disney boards that on crowded nights, they open up the reserved section to the general public 30 mins before show time, so I guess if you arrived after the time window they gave you, you're not guaranteed a seat. Not sure about policy if you arrive on-time though.

Good to know. Thank you. We currently have Hollywood and Vine reserved for the Fantasmic package, and were also wondering if it is a good restaurant. In all our trips, we have never eaten there.

paragon
03-28-2011, 02:13 PM
I didn't vote, because I haven;t been to any of them. I was looking at H&V, but now leaning towards MM.
We are 172 days away from our trip, and I have been making ADR's, but can't make on for this package in September yet? Does anyone here know when that would open up? What If I just book the ADR for the restaurant only? Do they offer a voucher for this or do I have to book the package??

sherriepaul
03-28-2011, 02:45 PM
we are doing the derby for lunch fantasmic package. Couldn't get dinner anywhere. It sounded like the lunch works the same and the dinner.

Mickey'sGirl
03-28-2011, 02:52 PM
It does work the same way, you just aren't getting the full value since the Brown Derby dinner menu is different and a little more expensive than the lunch one, but the price for the package remains the same. Dinner starts at 4pm if you decide to change.

Mickey'sGirl
03-28-2011, 02:53 PM
What If I just book the ADR for the restaurant only? Do they offer a voucher for this or do I have to book the package??
There are a finite number of seats available, so you have to pre-order the package and confirm it with a credit card on the reservation.

sherriepaul
03-28-2011, 02:53 PM
I would love to change but the dinner wasn't available at my 180 days for a week afterward, I've kind of given up, maybe I can try again!

Mickey'sGirl
03-28-2011, 02:54 PM
I would love to change but the dinner wasn't available at my 180 days for a week afterward, I've kind of given up, maybe I can try again!
You will not be disappointed in the lunch menu at the Brown Derby. Don't worry! :thumbsup:

MyDisneyworld
03-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Is the Brown Derby a fixed price for the package or just order off the normal menu? I have been looking around and can't find any info on this.

Scar
03-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Is the Brown Derby a fixed price for the package or just order off the normal menu? I have been looking around and can't find any info on this.It's been a few years, but it was a la carte off the menu when I was there.

Dream'nDisney
03-30-2011, 01:34 PM
As I mentioned earlier, we have the Hollywood & Vine package reserved. We are on the DDP. I thought I read where the H&V package didn't come with an adult drink. Is that true? Do we have to pay for our non-alcoholic drink separately from the package?

Jared
03-30-2011, 05:11 PM
As I mentioned earlier, we have the Hollywood & Vine package reserved. We are on the DDP. I thought I read where the H&V package didn't come with an adult drink. Is that true? Do we have to pay for our non-alcoholic drink separately from the package?
You are correct. Alcohol is not included in the Fantasmic! package, and you will have to pay for any adult beverages separately. At Hollywood & Vine, you are entitled to the all-you-can-eat buffet and unlimited soft drinks.

I have never had a bad experience at Hollywood & Vine, but I have no real desire to return. I generally don't like buffets, and this one just seems a little boring for my taste. Mama Melrose's tends to receive mixed reviews on the boards, but I actually like it. It's usually my first choice when looking for a non-signature table service in the Hollywood Studios park.

:)

Dream'nDisney
03-31-2011, 01:42 PM
You are correct. Alcohol is not included in the Fantasmic! package, and you will have to pay for any adult beverages separately. At Hollywood & Vine, you are entitled to the all-you-can-eat buffet and unlimited soft drinks.

I have never had a bad experience at Hollywood & Vine, but I have no real desire to return. I generally don't like buffets, and this one just seems a little boring for my taste. Mama Melrose's tends to receive mixed reviews on the boards, but I actually like it. It's usually my first choice when looking for a non-signature table service in the Hollywood Studios park.

:)

Not that I am trying to be cheap, just trying to get the most value for our money. It is good to know that our softdrinks will be included at Hollywood & Vine. I'm sure it isn't the best restaurant, but in all our trips, we just have never tried it, so I thought we'd try something different. Besides, it is probably too late to change the Fantasmic package to another restaurant at this late date (our trip is first of June).