PDA

View Full Version : Just one more question!

mickeyman42
03-22-2011, 08:34 AM
ok, one more annoying question then I'm going to stop, I promise! if we mostly take vacations in april or sept/oct when would be the best use year (with banking/borrowing points)? I would think march, would this be correct? then we would always have points coming to use right before we went (coming in march for april), but if we didnt use points in sept/oct we would still have time to bank them for next year, right?

DizneyRox
03-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Basically, you want a use year that gives you flexibility in cancellations. For example, if your use year is June, and you typically vacation in May. If you cancel a May trip, you would only have a month to reschedule pretty much. Any points that you have used in that May trip would be lost in June. Borrowing points would make me nervous.

We usually vacation in July and have a Feb use year. It's served us very well, I like having it a few months before our trips, but our trips are also within the banking window, so if we did cancel a trip, we could still bank whatever points we have left into the next year. Feb though does give me caution in booking a Christmas trip, since I'll have just a month to make it u, and with school in session, that's really hard.

So you're on the right path. I don't know if I'd want a contract with a use year between those two vacation times. For exactly the reasons you mention.