PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Kali River Rapids

CanadaLovesDisney
03-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Does Animal Kingdom ever operate Kali River Rapids in the evening/dark? It would be a pain getting drenched at nightime but then again it might be kind of scary and fun?
:confused:

Dsnygirl
03-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Does Animal Kingdom ever operate Kali River Rapids in the evening/dark? It would be a pain getting drenched at nightime but then again it might be kind of scary and fun?
:confused:

I have been on it in the past during the evening/at dusk... I remember getting off of it DRENCHED, and it was getting dark (and chilly!!). But now that AK isn't offering any EMH, it doesn't seem that Kali (or any of the rides :() will be operating in the dark, at least for awhile.

JPL
03-20-2011, 11:20 PM
They use to run it during evening EMHs in the summer but since those were discountinued and the park closes at dusk now I doubt you will be able to experience unless they offer emhs again in the future.

WDWfanatic742
03-20-2011, 11:36 PM
I get that nobody stayed around by dark because everyone finished the park by mid-day, but the park took on such a different feel at dark. Hopefully they add some kind of nightime entertainment that doesn't affect the animals or expansion and start operating at night again.

I could wish for Beastly Kingdom, but that will NEVER NEVER EVER happen :(

Pirate Granny
03-21-2011, 07:04 AM
AK in the dark was different, and we always enjoyed it. EE was different...it's open until 8 next week, so that's as late as it'll get.

TWO more days...HURRAY
:cloud9:

Altair
03-21-2011, 07:32 AM
They were running this ride last December when the temperature was in the low 40's. I couldn't believe people were riding it. :eek:

WDWdriver
03-21-2011, 07:52 AM
AK is currently open until 8:00 p.m., and Kali is open until park close. It's a GREAT ride in the dark with a spectacular view of Expedition Everest.

Momto3littlemice
03-21-2011, 09:11 AM
We were at AK in the dark the week before the time change. Park was open until 8 and since the time hadn't changed it was definitely dark at close. We had ridden Kali earlier in the day and I'm glad we did because it was getting pretty chilly!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
03-21-2011, 12:43 PM
....oh yeah !! We rode multiple times without getting off a couple of years ago during EMH and it was incredible...it was foggy, cold and wet !!!! ..... so much fun, then the realization hit of a cold, damp, dark bus ride back to the resort !! anyway what a great ride !! :cool:

KatieDuck22
03-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Yes! i believe it was in september when i last rode it at night! It is fun and definately exciting. wear ponchos...they probably will add comfort to the rest of the evening. it's extremely cold taking a bus back to a resort though! so plan on ponchos or extra shirts or sweatshirts.

linedropper
03-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Road it many times one night, was real cool with the fire going and everest! Was alot of fun!

Steve:mickey:

CanadaLovesDisney
03-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Thanks everyone! Here's to hoping they bring back evening hours! And I'll bring a poncho!!!