PDA

View Full Version : Birthday at a Restaurant?

Princess2BsMom
03-20-2011, 06:21 PM
I am going with my daughter, son and two nephews who all have birthdays within 2 weeks of each other. We are planning on celebrating each child's birthday at an individual time to make it special for them. What do the restaurants do for birthdays? Can I tell them that we have a birthday child when we get to the place we are dining or do I need to let them know further in advance? Thanks!!:party:

lettripp
03-20-2011, 06:31 PM
There are a number of different celebratory things restaurants do for birthdays (from cards to confetti to special deserts), but make sure you let them know you are celebrating a birthday in the reservation!

I have to say one of my favorite birthday memories ever was at Crystal Palace for my 18th birthday. I got a card signed by all of the gangs from the Hundred Acre woods, a cupcake with a candle, and a picture with all four of them at the end of the night! From what I understand, so long as you notify whatever restaurant you choose, they will create a memorable celebration for the honored guests. :mickey:

Strmchsr
03-20-2011, 06:46 PM
They will usually do something as noted above, especially for kids, but not always. Don't tell your kids one specific thing (or anything) is going to happen. That way they are surprised if something does happen and not disappointed if it doesn't. Like I said, usually they do, but not every time. Note the birthday on the ADR and also note them on your reservation. You'll get a birthday button and cast members will wish the kids happy birthday which will make it special for them.

Momto3littlemice
03-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Our experience (last week) that although we didn't mention my son's bday on our ressies (except for on his actual bday), since was wearing his bday button, he got lots of attention. Both 1900 Park Fare and Boma rewarded him with a cupcake with candle. 1900 Park Fare also gave him a (pre-made) plastic placemat with some characters sigs on it.

We did tell the ressie people and also our server at Chef Mickey's for his actual bday and I have to say that they didn't do anything too special. They did bring him a cupcake and our table (of 11) sang but nothing else. Since the sundae bar is such a hit already there, I asked the waitress to wrap the cupcake... I didn't want the little guy to be sick! She wasn't overjoyed about that -- dropped it in a cup and that was that. But, we had a fantastic time anyway!

Definitely get the buttons... they are magical!!:mickey:

missymouseworld
03-20-2011, 07:41 PM
The day of our son's 17th birthday, we had a breakfast reservation at the Captains Grille at the Yacht Club and the server there brought over a huge bouquet of latex balloons and tied them to his chair while he was at the breakfast buffet. He had his birthday pin on and he must have noticed....that was a nice surprise for him.

For his birthday dinner, we ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern and they brought over a cupcake with a candle.

Pop Centurion
03-20-2011, 08:29 PM
For my Niece's 12th B'day Crystal Palace did the same exact as lettripp mentioned.
Boma did a wood plank with various treats & wrote "Happy Birthday Jade" on it along with a card signed by different CM's in their native language from each region of Africa. Very neat & educational for her. They now do the cupcake.
Can't remember exactly but Chef Mickey's did something nice too.