PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania Wait Time

fabfundisney
03-20-2011, 04:20 PM
What have the wait times been looking like for Toy Story Mania? We're visiting DHS on April 5th:number1:. Last year we got there around 12 and all fast passes were gone. The standby wait was over 80 minutes!!!! Have my fellow intercotees seen a decrease in wait times since the ride is no longer new?

AllDisney
03-20-2011, 04:47 PM
We were there in December and don't see the popularity declining at all. We were able to get our FP and very happy to be able to enjoy Toy Story Manic at least once at the park:thumbsup:. The FP machines were covered & closed around 10:30 AM.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Unfortunately, the wait times can still be really crazy! We were there in January, and stand-by times were usually in the 60 minute range, and FP did run out.

It is a ride that the whole family can enjoy, so I would expect it to be popular for a while.

BowTie7
03-20-2011, 05:27 PM
It will be interesting to see what impact the new Star Tours has. Maybe it will split the crowd in the morning rush.

joanna71985
03-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Unfortunately I wouldn't expect too much of a drop, as Star Tours has a height requirement

DreamFinder2
03-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Having just returned, I can say that wait times have not diminished. We were in line for a FP right after park opening and ended up with a 4:05pm start time. When we returned to use it, the standby time was 95 minutes, I believe.

DisneyorBust
03-20-2011, 06:40 PM
We have noticed the same in regards to wait times, it's popularity hasn't faded at all.
We, like sooooo many others, really enjoy this attraction. We get to DHS befoe opening, head straight for TSM, grab Fastpasses then get in the stand by line. We have found this to be able to get in twice early in the day.

Jillirose
03-20-2011, 06:47 PM
We were there second week of FEB and the wait was 120 minutes!

moe513
03-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I think the best advice is to get there at the rope drop and head right over to the ride. You can also get a fast pass to ride it twice

floridamom
03-20-2011, 07:06 PM
We were there 2 weeks ago, got there at rope drop, at which time we split up so I could hustle to the TSM fastpass queue. (Yes, there is a 10 minute line just to get a fastpass at this time each morning.) By the time I got ours, the return time was 11:20-12:20. The cast member there said that typically all fastpasses for the day are gone an hour and a half after the park opens.

The nice thing was that we were able to do a lot while we waited for our return time, then rode TSM, RnRC, had lunch and were back at BC for some pool time by 2p.m. :mickey:

ljgirl
03-20-2011, 09:44 PM
We were just there Friday and TSM was packed. FP were gone by 11 am on a park that did not have EMH. We headed to RRC for FP. The line for the TSM FP went all the way to the Big Hat. The wait time varied from 80-120+ minutes.

We were in all of the parks last week and they were all much busier than last Spring Break. It seemed the parks were not expecting it. There were a lot of places that could have used more Cast Members.

Melanie
03-20-2011, 09:58 PM
The Toy Story story is the same as always. It's popularity hasn't waned at all. We were there today, FP line was all the way to Little Mermaid 10 minutes after opening (9:10am) and FP were gone by 1-2pm. Standby was around an hour all day, and today wasn't all that busy at DHS. Plan accordingly! :thumbsup:

CanadaLovesDisney
03-20-2011, 10:42 PM
The wait time for Toy Story is our biggest pet peeve in Hollywood Studios. We always go straight there only to find a 90+ minute wait. This past trip it was 120 minutes at one point! We have twice waited over 90 minutes to get on and now we just skip it all together. It is a really fun ride though and we love talking Mr. Potato head. Everyone should try it at least once even if you have to wait in line =)

DisneyTopper
03-21-2011, 08:03 AM
I understand that they do not have a single rider line a TSM in WDW and not sure why. This is how we were able to ride TSM several times in DL in '09, and that was in the middle of July. Our longest wait in the single rider line was about 20 minutes. And I believe they don't even have fastpass there.

Melanie
03-21-2011, 08:17 AM
I understand that they do not have a single rider line a TSM in WDW and not sure why. This is how we were able to ride TSM several times in DL in '09, and that was in the middle of July. Our longest wait in the single rider line was about 20 minutes. And I believe they don't even have fastpass there.

This brings up something I've been meaning to ask for awhile though. The times we've been over the past few months, they've been pulling parties of 2 to go up the right side of the stairs (which was originally used for single rider when the ride opened). We've been chosen to do this 3 times now, and it essentially shaves 10 minutes off the wait time. Just wondering what this accomplishes in regards to moving the line more quickly?

Momto3littlemice
03-21-2011, 09:15 AM
We were there first full week of March and the day we were there was pretty darn crowded. We sent our fastest runner for FP and we met him at the start of the standby line (in which we waited about 10 min). That way we were able to ride twice. We kept an eye on it and it seemed that the fast passes didn't run out much before noon (despite the horror stories of them running out at 9:30!). The wait later in the day was around 90 min if I recall correctly. And I completely agree about the single rider. I think there are a few rides that could add this to benefit everyone!:mickey:

Melanie
03-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Just to clarify - they did have single rider on this ride when it opened. I can't recall why, but they stopped it soon after.

JPL
03-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Just to clarify - they did have single rider on this ride when it opened. I can't recall why, but they stopped it soon after.

I know a CM who works the ride and she said the Single Rider Line caused more problems than it was worth with families not wanting strangers to ride with their child if they had an odd number. It was also often longer than the Stand-by line since evryone can ride.

I would love to see what would happen if they got rid of FP for this ride!

MarkC
03-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Two ongoing issues that will keep TSM popular for a long in time, and these are in addition to the popularity of the movies.

1) Since everyone knows this is a popular ride everyone gravitates toward it to make sure they can ride it at least once. Success breeds success.

2) This ride is popular with both adults and kids-- my wife is 53 and its her favorite ride in the parks. You don't find many rides that are this univerally popular. That will keep it going long after the movies have lost their newness.

Scrappy2
03-21-2011, 01:00 PM
We were there last week and the crowds were crazy. We sould split up. I would get in the standby line with my 2 year old and we would ride and my husband would get in the FP line for us to ride later. One day I had a man step completly over my grandson in the stoller to get ahead of us and my daughter was knocked down by a women with a stroller trying to get to the FP line. All FP where gone by 11:00 and the wait time was running around 120 min most of the day.

BluewaterBrad
03-21-2011, 03:42 PM
I am always right behind the CM during the "dash" to TSM. I really don't understand the popularity though. ( although I agree with the responses of why ) I like the ride, but I can pass on it also.:mickey:

Melanie
03-21-2011, 03:53 PM
I am always right behind the CM during the "dash" to TSM. I really don't understand the popularity though. ( although I agree with the responses of why ) I like the ride, but I can pass on it also.:mickey:

I think it's just become 'the thing to do' in DHS, much like Soarin' is at Epcot. Hopefully with Star Tours opening back up, that will alleviate some of that morning rush to TSMM.

fabfundisney
03-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Wow, looks like we are going to have to come up with a game plan. I've seen the suggestions to wait until closing and then jump in the standby line. This is not an option as we have an ADR at 8:20...I have a number of teens in my party so getting there at rope drop may not be an option either. I may have to leave them as I really dont want to miss TSM.