PDA

View Full Version : Boma for dinner? 1900 Park Fare breakfast?

Princess2BsMom
03-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Have made all of ADRs then we received free dining PIN code! :mickey: So I was going to make a few more now! Was thinking of Boma for dinner. Is it worth it? Also was thinking of trying 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. ??:confused:

Pop Centurion
03-20-2011, 01:09 PM
I've done both and have no complaints at all. 1900 Park Fare has a good selection of food and has an omelet bar. Character interaction is really good especially with the Mad Hatter. Some find him too loud & obnoxious but that's his personality & I find it hilarious.
Boma is one of my absolute favorites. Excellent food. Be sure to try all the soup's they have to offer & save plenty of room for the dessert bar. The atmosphere there is nice too. Try to give yourself time to explore the resort either before or after dinner. You can go out the rear of the resort and watch Giraffe, Zebra, Wilderbeast, & various birds. Also check out the pool area. You can walk past it & there's an area with lot's of Flamingo's.
I'm sure you will enjoy both of them.

ElenitaB
03-20-2011, 01:17 PM
I agree with Joe. We've been to both and recommend both. Boma has so many great items on their dinner buffet, especially their soups, curries and desserts. And the breakfast buffet at 1900 Park Fare has items like lobster benedict and strawberry soup. And not to complicate your life, but you'd do great going in the other direction: breakfast at Boma and dinner at 1900 Park Fare (with Cinderella, the Prince and the stepsisters).

Princess2BsMom
03-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks! We have done 1900 Park Fare for dinner and enjoyed exploring the resort. Will make sure we make time to explore Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Momto3littlemice
03-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi there,

We love Boma. We have had dinner there a few times and loved it. The service and attitude is friendly and the choices are interesting without being wierd. We had brunch there on this past trip and it was also amazing. Boma is my most recommended restaurant at WDW.

We have only tried 1900 Park Fare once for brunch. I found it to be loud and just okay. There were so many kids (ours included) and it just didn't have any kind of peacefulness to it at all. The food was fine but Boma is far superior in my opinion. Mary Poppins was the one exception to this -- she was wonderful and actually sat on the floor with my kids once she found out how much they LOVE her!! :mickey:

Joannelet
03-20-2011, 02:16 PM
1900 Park Fare for breakfast has become my favorite character breakfast. I just love it there. The character interaction is great and the food had such a wide selection. It was really good.
I haven't eaten at Boma yet so I cannot comment on that one just yet.

Fastpasssteve
03-23-2011, 01:42 AM
I love 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. Love the characters (especially Mary Poppins) and the food is wonderful. I suggest getting the waffles, covering them with the strawberry soup, and topping it with the soft-serve vanilla ice cream. You're at Disney; live it up!

I also love Boma for either breakfast or dinner. So many great dishes to recommend. Wonderful rotisserie meats, great side dishes. They also have a cous-cous salad that I would be glad to eat any day. Mmmmm. Thank you for giving me an excuse to reminice.

catkrazy
03-23-2011, 11:38 AM
I have never eaten at Boma, but as far as 1900 Park Fare goes-it is AWESOME! I am not a breakfast person and on my last trip in July with my little nephew we did several breakfast buffets. They were all your standard fare and okay but this one was great. I never eat breakfast food normally but it was all so good and seemed like a lot of different choices than the others. You must have the strawberry soup, it sounded gross but is SUPER YUMMY! Characters were great too, nephew fell in love with the Mad Hatter, it's his fav character now!

crazygoalie39
03-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Love both. Great choices! :mickey:

whitney37354
03-23-2011, 02:20 PM
We did 1900PF for both breakfast & dinner & enjoyed both. We did breakfast to see Mary Poppins. I don't recall much about the food, so it was okay.

Jared
03-23-2011, 06:19 PM
I love Boma's dinner and enthusiastically recommend it. I can make an entire meal out of the unbelievable soup bar and salad appetizers, skipping the entrees altogether. I rarely eat at any other buffet.

As for 1900 Park Fare, it's fine for what it is. I generally like it more than the other major character buffets, including Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. I wouldn't go out of my way to try it again, but it's worth trying if you think it appeals to you.

JPL
03-24-2011, 10:15 AM
2 Great choices and greta times to go :thumbsup:

I love Boma for dinner they have a great selections and awesome desserts :eat: I also like wathcing the animals after dinner to relax a little:thumbsup:

I had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in August and loved it. The Lobster Eggs Benedict were awesome and it was great to top off the meal with some Strawberry Soup :tasty:

However I also love Boma for breakfast so with that one I could go either way :thumbsup:

EJS-Houston
03-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Haven't been to Park Fare yet, but ate at Boma on my last trip and I can enthusiastically recommend it. I expect I'll want to go back to Boma on all future trips.

ledudes
03-28-2011, 10:29 AM
I love Boma! Great interesting and different food and desserts. We have never actually found anywhere there to see the animals, but love the food. One thing to keep in mind if you go for dinner is that it is a bit harder to get back to your hotel if you get out late. You need to go to a park or Downtown Disney to then take a bus to your hotel. Just keep it in mind and maybe get an earlier reservation.