PDA

View Full Version : San Angel Inn vs. Ohana

motherof4
03-19-2011, 02:14 PM
I am debating between San Angel restauran and Ohana whick one is the better choice?

Scar
03-19-2011, 02:33 PM
I would say San Angel Inn, but I have a feeling most would say 'Ohana. My one experience at 'Ohana's was not great, all the meats were overcooked and dry.

ElenitaB
03-19-2011, 02:53 PM
That's a tough one for me as I really like them both. It's hard to tell 180 days ahead of time, but do you have an idea of what parks you'll be visiting what days? I tend to make my plan of attack and then decide where to eat depending on where we think we may be that night.

But if forced to make a decision, I would go with 'Ohana. Our past few visits have been a lot of fun and there's something for everyone to eat. It's actually easier for me as a vegetarian to eat at 'Ohana than at SAI. And my carnivore son of course enjoys 'Ohana as well.

Jillirose
03-19-2011, 03:44 PM
I loved Ohana, but my family (DD 14, DS 11, and DH) did not. We were not seated close to the entertainment, and that could have been a factor. We all ate at the San Angel Inn last trip, and all loved the food - the atmosphere can't be beat :thumbsup:

faline
03-19-2011, 04:20 PM
If you're going without children, I'd definitely pick San Angel Inn. If you have children in your group, especially younger ones, I'd select O'Hana's as there is more entertainment to curb the fidgeting. With older kids, I think either would be quite nice.

My one experience at 'Ohana's was not great, all the meats were overcooked and dry.

I had a mediocre experience at O'Hana's as well. In fact, I had not been there for quite some time because of that. I tried it again a few weeks ago and had a very delicious meal!

AllDisney
03-19-2011, 04:58 PM
I'd vote for San Angel. We've always enjoyed the food and the atmosphere is great:cloud9:

LudwigVonDrake
03-19-2011, 06:11 PM
I like San Angel but 'Ohana gets my vote :tikki:

DisneyFr33k
03-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Really? San Angel is getting way more votes than I would expect! Especially compared to Ohana!

We went to San Angel several trips ago and had the worst service and food ever. It was crowded and we were practically in the next family's laps the entire time. The food had no taste at all. I could have been eating cardboard!

Please tell me they've made serious changes over the past 3 years and it will make me feel better! If so we need to try it again.

Given my past experiences, I vote Ohana. Love the food, atmosphere and service. Yes, it is kid friendly compared to the dark atmosphere of San Angel.

HoosierDisneyFan
03-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Ohana!
Ohana!
Ohana!
Ohana!
Ohana!

brownie
03-20-2011, 11:08 AM
My choice would be Ohana. I do like the ambience of San Angel Inn, but for the overall experience and food Ohana is my choice.

magicalmom
03-20-2011, 08:28 PM
San Angel Inn - if your kids are old enough to get in the boats by themselves, you can send them around the Rio del Tiempo a couple of times if they're restless at dinner.:mickey:

HackLaSalle
03-21-2011, 04:12 PM
San Angel Inn gets my vote. Atmosphere, food and service were all excellent!

ILoveMickey'77
03-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Another vote for Ohana, we've eaten there a few times and it's been one of our favorite meals each time we've been there.

We ate at San Angel Inn on our honeymoon. We chose it because of the ambiance, which is amazing. The food on the other hand was the WORST food I've had at Disney, including counter service.

MNNHFLTX
03-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm not a fan of Ohana--too much meat (and wasted food, one of my pet peeves at all-you-can-eat restaurants). While San Angel Inn's food might not be the best Mexican food out there, the ambience is unique and I've always enjoyed eating there (and the margarita's are very good!)

Momto3littlemice
03-21-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm not a fan of Ohana--too much meat (and wasted food, one of my pet peeves at all-you-can-eat restaurants). While San Angel Inn's food might not be the best Mexican food out there, the ambience is unique and I've always enjoyed eating there (and the margarita's are very good!)

I have to agree about the wasted food at 'Ohana. We had a good meal here a few weeks ago but I asked for a "few more" dumplings and they brought a HUGE bowl. I didn't feel like I could ask them to wrap them up as it is an all you can eat restaurant. So, it got wasted. We are VERY careful not to waste food so I was upset about that.

We haven't eaten in Mexico since the early 90s... so I am hoping to get there again next trip. Great thread!:mickey:

twinboyz
03-24-2011, 01:56 PM
We've been to both. If you are going without kids I would recommend going to San Angel Inn. Great food and romantic atmosphere. With kids I'd suggest O'Hanas. We ate there this past August, the food was great (not overcooked or dry) and the boyz (Age 11) had a great time with all the activites. We weren't near the commotion, but it was kind of nice because it gave us a little one-on-one adult time after a day at MK.

That being said, we're going without the boyz this trip and we've made ressies at O'hana for 8:15 pm. :mickey: Would love to eat at San Angel Inn, but we're going to try different foods from all the countries this trip and didn't one to fill up on one cuisine! Whatever you decide... ENJOY!!!!

GBBT
03-26-2011, 09:49 PM
When we do sit downs...we have to do both.:secret::D

AdventurerKim
03-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Ohana!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Really? San Angel is getting way more votes than I would expect! Especially compared to Ohana!

We went to San Angel several trips ago and had the worst service and food ever. It was crowded and we were practically in the next family's laps the entire time. The food had no taste at all. I could have been eating cardboard!

Please tell me they've made serious changes over the past 3 years and it will make me feel better! If so we need to try it again.

Given my past experiences, I vote Ohana. Love the food, atmosphere and service. Yes, it is kid friendly compared to the dark atmosphere of San Angel.
I'm with you! Surprised by the number of San Angel votes. We had one bad experience there, then tried again. It was OK, but no big deal. Ohana--hands down!! :wave:

DisneyorBust
04-01-2011, 06:27 PM
We just tried San Angel Inn for the first time, we found it to be too dark for our tastes.We were unable to see exactly what we were eating, and the meal itself was so so. If I had to choose between the two, I would return to 'Ohanna. That being said, we still want to try La Hacienda.

Jeri Lynn
04-01-2011, 06:31 PM
I like both restaurants but I would go with O'hana's as I've only been there once and I've been to the San Angel Inn many times.

mouseketeer mom
04-02-2011, 08:43 AM
I cannot believe that San Angel is getting so much consideration. !!
Ohana's all the way, the must do, one of a kind experience, with incredible food and fun.