PDA

View Full Version : Renting a week from a timeshare company

WIMickeymommy
03-19-2011, 08:30 AM
I am hoping I can post my question on this board and not get it taken off.

My family of 8ppl are heading down to DW Feb 1-Feb 8th of 2012. We have 2 bedrooms currently reserved at Pop but while serching the internet I found a timeshare company renting someones DVC 2 bedroom at the Beach Club villas for $2100. It seems like a reputable company.

My question, has anyone rented a DVC villa via a timeshare company? How did payment work for you? (this company wants us to pay 60% now via Paypal and rest upon arrival), was it a good experience, how did you work ME picking up at the airport?

Any advice/opinions would be great. We are really leaning towards taking this offer. We have always wanted to stay at the Beach Club and with 2 kiddos under the age of 2, this would be a great opportunity.

Thanks in advance. :mickey:

dlpmikki
03-20-2011, 05:03 AM
I haven't come across anyone renting from a timeshare company. However I think it is still worth you looking at the sticky post about what to look out for when renting from a member. I think you need to investigate how come the timeshare company has the points to rent.

WRWDisney
03-20-2011, 07:50 AM
The only thing that confuses me is paying 40% "upon arrival". Who are you going to pay? Not Disney if you are renting points, even from a company. Without clarification this would be a red flag for me.