PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do?

luvdiznee
03-17-2011, 09:04 AM
First all, my job is the type we can dress very casual for. While we do work in an office, we are allowed to wear jeans and capris in the summer.

But I was planning to "pep" up my summer work wardrobe by wearing skirts. Haven't worn them in years and just wanted something better for the summer heat (no stockings of course). So I spent about $200 in new clothing.

And yesterday we find out we will be working from home. Totally out of left field. And this I do have mixed feelings about, but that's another thread. :secret:But just wondering about the clothes, would you bring them back? I know they will hate to see me coming. But I guess if can be in the comfort of my shorts...:confused:

Ramblingman
03-17-2011, 09:45 AM
If the clothes have not been worn, and the tags are still attached, they don't mind them being returned that much. They will put them back on the racks for sale.

I would do it. Perhaps you can find something else you may want (shorts, etc) that will fit your needs better? That way, you don't feel so badly about returning the other stuff, and they still get a sale.

Mousemates
03-17-2011, 09:48 AM
If their return policy allows it, and I no longer needed them due to company changes, I'd take them back.

disneymom15
03-17-2011, 09:48 AM
I guess it depends on what type of skirts they are. I started wearing "very" casual skirts about 2 years ago. Are they somewhat "dressy"? If they are, I would maybe keep one and return the rest.

brownie
03-17-2011, 10:02 AM
If you can and you really don't need them, I'd return them.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-17-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm with everyone else. If you don't need them anymore, and you can return them, return them!

There may be one that you really like, and could keep just to wear in the summer, just to spice it up a bit, but I'd return all of the others.

Madame Leona
03-17-2011, 11:06 AM
I agree with return them. Just adhere to the stores policy and get yourself some cute casual home duds. However, find out if you will need to come in for meetings or anything of that nature. If so, you may want to keep a couple.

princessgirls
03-17-2011, 11:33 AM
After I did a happy dance around my living room that I could work from home during the summer, I think I might keep one skirt outfit just to have if needed for an occasion or nice night out, and return the rest!! No guilt!!

Julie:mickey:

Ian
03-17-2011, 01:20 PM
I agree with the masses ... unless you really think you'll get use out of them, I'd return them.

Of course, I don't wear skirts so maybe I'm not the best person to listen to on this. ;)

Joannelet
03-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Return them and if you don't get store credit put the money towards a trip to Disney!

luvdiznee
03-17-2011, 06:49 PM
I agree with return them. Just adhere to the stores policy and get yourself some cute casual home duds. However, find out if you will need to come in for meetings or anything of that nature. If so, you may want to keep a couple.

Yep, tags still on. Some paid by cash others cc. And agree with the keeping of at least one, because we will have to go in about once a month for meetings.

I agree with the masses ... unless you really think you'll get use out of them, I'd return them.

Of course, I don't wear skirts so maybe I'm not the best person to listen to on this. ;)

How about a kilt (?)

Return them and if you don't get store credit put the money towards a trip to Disney!

Exactly what I thought. :mickey:

DizNee143
03-18-2011, 09:52 AM
i agree..
i would keep a few things i really really liked and return the rest.. :mickey:

DVC2004
03-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Bring em back! Except what you really like and think you can wear.

wildernesslady
03-24-2011, 05:15 PM
I would return them and put that money into a vacation fund. Enjoy your summer at home.