PDA

View Full Version : Favorite relaxing place

ryca1dreams
03-16-2011, 07:15 PM
I know there are lots of "what is your favorite ------" posts, so here is another one:

What is your favorite place anywhere at WDW to relax: whether it's sitting, talking, enjoying a drink/snack, people watching, etc.?

HoosierDisneyFan
03-16-2011, 07:23 PM
EPCOT World Showcase - Get a snack or an adult beverage at one of the locations and watch the "world" go bye.

Joannelet
03-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Ah, as a cast member I would take a seat anywhere at the beginning of Main Street and watch the people walk in....
Watching the people's reactions-young and old-always made me tear up....
It reminds you how truly magical that place is :)

faline
03-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Rocking chairs on the porch at Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness.

magicalmom
03-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Rocking chair on Tom Sawyer Island, across from BTMR. Also - TTA, early in the morning, by myself while my family do the mountains.

crazygoalie39
03-16-2011, 08:57 PM
At a table outside of Casey's :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
03-16-2011, 09:42 PM
In a hammock on the beach at the Polynesian!

natedog24
03-16-2011, 10:50 PM
The Hall of Presidents! Once the lights go out, I usually can't help myself but to close my eyes for a few minutes...:secret:

Fastpasssteve
03-17-2011, 03:08 AM
I love the big squarish couches on the lower level of The Contemporary Resort. It is my favorite place to rest after a big meal at California Grill to make a cell phone call...contacting loved ones on the outside. After a big meal with all that wine, I need to rest for just a few minutes.

ShinynewJB
03-17-2011, 06:29 AM
The deck chairs/hammocks at CBR are great at sunset.

Another vote for the TTA here as well. Nice and breezy. A great way to relax in the park when it's full around mid-day.

Dulcee
03-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Anywhere along the gorilla trek in AK. I can spend hours back there just watching them.

WDWgoofy
03-17-2011, 08:02 AM
One of my favorite places is outside Electric Umbrella or Mouse Gears where I can sit down, catch a cool breeze, hear the music and view the Fountain at Epcot.

Ms. Mode
03-17-2011, 09:23 AM
On the porch (pick one) overlooking the savannah at Animal Kingdom Lodge, very peaceful! :mickey:

vicster
03-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Rocking chairs on the porch at Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness.

Ditto on the rocking chairs at Pioneer Hall!

jnfr2424
03-17-2011, 09:36 AM
In front of the fireplace in a rocking chair in the lobby of Wilderness Lodge

vicster
03-17-2011, 09:41 AM

Now I'm salivating - can't wait for September!!!

BugeyedMuggy
03-17-2011, 09:46 AM
The indoor firepit at Jambo House. Chardonay and Zebra domes are required.:cloud9:

Mousemates
03-17-2011, 09:53 AM
love to sit anywhere in the town square area of main street late at night (especially at the overlook area of the train station).

lying on a deck chair at the narrow beach area behind the garden wing of the CR

Sitting in the lobby of the GF while the orchestra is playing.

Any epcot resort balcony overlooking the boardwalk/lake in the early morning or late evening.

waymickey
03-17-2011, 09:57 AM
I have a rew places I like to sit and relax at disney.
1. In a rocking Chair in front of the big fireplace at the wilderness lodge.

2. On a bench by the Canadian Pav. in Epcot. It is veryy quiet and you can watch the water and ducks.

3. Playing chess on TSI at the fort.

brownie
03-17-2011, 10:45 AM
We like to grab some coffee and find a table or bench to watch the Fountain of Nations at Epcot.

slegrant
03-17-2011, 11:09 AM
My Three favorite places to relax:

Outer Rim at the Contemporary over looking Bay Lake with my wife and a glass of wine.

Rocking chairs at Trails End in Fort Wilderness

Territory Lounge in the Wilderness Lodge:mickey:

MOJoe
03-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Having my morning coffee, while sitting on a bench, in front of the Beach Club, along the walkway to Epcot.

AlliMo
03-17-2011, 12:04 PM
The Great Ceremonial House at the Polynesian and the sound booths in Disney's Hollywood studios... The second is as quiet as you can get....very relaxing :mickey:

brivers222
03-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Nothing beats a nice air conditioned nap while reclining in padded seats in the Hall of Presidents!

Mousemates
03-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Nothing beats a nice air conditioned nap while reclining in padded seats in the Hall of Presidents!

Can't say I disagree with you here if its a hot and humid summer day.:thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
03-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Anywhere in Disney is relaxing since I'm away from the "real world"... but I do have a few spots that I just love sitting at and relaxing-

The rocking chairs right outside of BTMR in the evenings overlooking the water toward HM...so relaxing!!

World Showcase...sitting outside of France having a crepe by the water.

DTD...sitting outside with a Ghiradelli's sundae!

:mickey:

joonyer
03-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Here's another vote for the rockers on Aunt Polly's Porch on Tom Sawyer Island. DW and I can usually sit there for as long as we like while our boys roam the Island. In spite of being in the middle of the MK, it's a nice spot to chill.

CaptSmee
03-18-2011, 04:15 PM
I love to relax & wait for the 3:00 parade to start in Frontierland...the TTA relaxes me. Sitting by the fountain in World Showcase is my favorite spot to chill...then stop in Club Cool for a drink too.

moe513
03-18-2011, 06:09 PM
along the boardwalk

wdwvacationeer
03-18-2011, 06:40 PM
We love relaxing at the Garden View Afternoon Tea in the Grand Floridian.

mjm12000
03-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Top of the World Lounge at the BLT, my home resort. Nothing beats having a cocktail, some appetizers and watching the fireworks from the patio.

TinkerbellFan16
03-21-2011, 12:59 PM
I am more of a people watcher. I love to sit anywhere in Disney and just watch the wonder in the eyes of the kids and adults alike.:yay: I don't have a particular favorite for that, but to relax I love TTA. I miss the old audio that went with it though :(

lettripp
03-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Walking the Boardwalk in the morning, tea in hand, before Epcot opens.

CosmicRay
03-23-2011, 02:16 PM
It's a toss up between a spot by the Epcot fountain. Or the rocking chairs by the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square at MK.

Go A Ginn
03-23-2011, 02:17 PM
My jetted tub at Saratoga Springs~ :mickey:

smokester653
03-31-2011, 09:00 PM
My spot is the grassy area near Cinderella's castle. I can hop up on the little wall and lay back in the grass and "crash" for a few!

kemps@wdw
04-01-2011, 11:15 PM
oh gosh..there are so many! My total fave is the boat dock @ the WL...in my jammies...w/my AM coffee...watching the sunrise over Bay Lake. But a few close 2nds, Plaza Ice Cream sidewalk, UK gardens, rockers @ Crocketts Tavern, the WL lobby (anytime), Ghiradelli's outdoor tables @ DTD, anywhere in the Oasis @ AK, the tables outside the entrances to the RRC and the TOT, and , of course, the TTA!

PirateLover
04-03-2011, 09:22 PM
I love spending a good portion of the day "drinking around the world" at Epcot. We take our time at a leisurely pace, sit down, relax, and enjoy all each country has to offer. As a matter of fact on our most recent trip, one of the best experiences was taking shelter under under a table with an umbrella in Italy during a light rain shower while sipping some :beer:
We had a great conversation and got to people watch at the same time:thumbsup:

finaldynasty
04-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Hall of Presidents!!

Dopey's Girl
04-04-2011, 12:13 AM
I love spending a good portion of the day "drinking around the world" at Epcot. We take our time at a leisurely pace, sit down, relax, and enjoy all each country has to offer. As a matter of fact on our most recent trip, one of the best experiences was taking shelter under under a table with an umbrella in Italy during a light rain shower while sipping some :beer:

I love this too! My first stop in several of the countries is to get a beverage, then to soak up the atmosphere of the country that I'm in.

I also love to snag a ride on the TTA and watch Mk from the platform over tomorrowland.

Only 27 more days!!

mouseketeer mom
04-04-2011, 06:24 AM
The lounge at the Poly, Hawaii bldg.

DisneyDoug2
04-04-2011, 07:58 AM
My place in at the WL in the morning drinking coffee watching the excitement on the little kids faces as they head out to the parks!

PlutoPlanet
04-04-2011, 12:15 PM
On the porch (pick one) overlooking the savannah at Animal Kingdom Lodge, very peaceful! :mickey:

Ditto. This is our Fav too.

lioness8978
04-04-2011, 02:15 PM
My hubby and I like to go to the sitting area near the castle thru the rose garden. It's the veranda with the green top. We love to stop by the ice cream shoppe and get two cones and sit and watch the ducks float by. Because it's downhill, people usually miss it and we have it all to ourselves. We had a particularly frightening experience with the queen of hearts in that garden the last time tho...It's intimidating to see her stomping towards you. Needless to say, we'll be watching our backs from now on :).

Dream'nDisney
04-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Sitting with DH on balcony at YC early in the morning, sipping coffee, hearing all the early morning sounds of WDW, while the kids are still sleeping. :cloud9:

Jared
04-04-2011, 05:48 PM
The chairs right outside the train station on Main Street. Perfect view of Cinderella Castle and a great place to people-watch. I can sit up there for hours.

steamboat willy
04-04-2011, 06:47 PM
What is your favorite place anywhere at WDW to relax: whether it's sitting, talking, enjoying a drink/snack, people watching, etc.?

A few of MY favorites. :thumbsup:

Setting on the stone bench under Swiss Family Tree House slurping on a Dole Whip. :papple:

After a full morning and lunch in our favorite park, setting on the edge of the pool at our Calypso Pool sipping a cool drink. :vacation:

Setting on the beach at the Poly watching EWP and Wishes. :fworks:

Standing on Top of The World at the CR at night watching the lights of the MK, Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. :sail:

Did I mention DOLE WHIP?

twinboyz
04-05-2011, 02:31 PM
In Epcot, near Mexico sitting near the water with a Margarita and my honey!:marg: Now I can't wait for my next trip!

Christine
04-08-2011, 05:21 PM
In the alley between the jewelry store and the glass shop - at night!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GOi6NyAQYck/TZ98T6Sj9DI/AAAAAAAABCs/8qsKaiv-uSQ/s1600/photo-779208.JPG

dizneydeb22
06-17-2011, 03:22 PM
My favorite place to relax is on the boat from POFQ to DTD with Begneits(?) and coffee. The round trip is relaxing and I love the scenary.

figmagination
06-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Resort pool, Club Cool in Epcot, the World Showcase, It's Tough to be a Bug in AK (gets so hot outside!), the sprayers in DHS, Enchanted Tiki Room in MK, TTA in MK, anywhere air conditioned!

SandmanGStefani24
06-17-2011, 07:56 PM
do the poolside resort bars count?

If so that's mine! There's nothing better than chatting it up with strangers and the bartenders after a fun day at the parks. It's always fun to meet people there.

If not, I like Tokyo Dining by the windows. I can people watch, get a great meal, and just relax and enjoy the place.

kemps@wdw
06-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Three, actually. Outside the PLaza Ice Cream at one of the little tables enjoying my fave butter pecan ice cream while watching the most incredible people go by (some we even knew)
And @ Epcot in the UK, in the back garden, on a little park bench, kicked back with cold one and enjoying the sounds of The British Invasion (soon to be the British Airwaves).
And on our balcony @ the WL, overlooking the pool, the Trout Pass Bar and Bay Lake.

frozman
06-19-2011, 11:33 PM
I'd go with the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Never a line, great for people watching (and watching the stars ;)), It's a relaxing ride that's far more fun than sitting around.

Tink#64
06-19-2011, 11:53 PM
I look forward to my morning coffee about 6 AM, out by the pool at Pop,& watching the resort slowly wake up! :coffee:

MKFD43
06-20-2011, 07:02 AM
The rocking chairs in Frontier land

RAIDER
06-20-2011, 07:52 AM
A few
Overlooking the bay area from either the California Grill or BLT resort

Watching the boats while either sitting down having or drink or just on a bench on the boardwalk area

Having a Margarita in Mexico land :marg:

ValenciaCalling
06-20-2011, 02:53 PM
The concrete deck on the 4th floor of the contemporary with monorails going overheard.I could live out there. It's just so quiet up there, and the view is so beautiful.

biodtl
06-23-2011, 10:46 AM
TTA - I get off my feet, but we're still "riding"

Ramblingman
06-23-2011, 01:33 PM
At the resort (SOG) - Anywhere, early in the morning with my daughter, as we enjoy a coffee and orange juice. We always get up before everyone else.

Magic Kingdom - if it's cool, the tables outside Casey's. If it's hot, gotta go with the Hall of Presidents - as has been said, you can't help but close your eyes for a second...or three.

DHS - A big comfy chair at The Writer's Stop coffee shop next to Sci Fi Dine In, with a drink and muffin or bagel.

AK - A bench just outside the Rainforest Cafe shop.

Epcot - An outside table at the Rose & Crown with a pint.

DTD - A table at either the Tonsil Tickler or Hole in the Wall Pubs with - you guessed it - a libation.

mdricks
06-23-2011, 01:54 PM
This is an easy one for me.

There is a bench outside the Rose and Crown. It is within reaching distance of the kiosk that sells black-n-tans.

I have spent many very happy moments sitting on that bench....

:number1:

LudwigVonDrake
06-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Taking the boat back to Wilderness Lodge after a long day in the Magic Kingdom is near the top of my list :mickey:

Bellerella
06-27-2011, 03:39 PM
On our balcony at the Animal Kingdom Lodge!! To me there is nothing better than taking a break by sitting there feeling like you are in Africa, eatting cotton candy and drinking a Dr. Pepper (courtesy of The Mara...) :mickey:

andmomlau
06-27-2011, 05:24 PM
I'd have to say the lobby of Wilderness Lodge...so cool, comfy and cozy! :mickey:

Pop Centurion
06-27-2011, 06:10 PM
There's so many but here's a couple of my faves.

At an outside table in front of Big River Grille enjoying a brew during sunset.

On a bench in front of the hub in MK after the park closes. Few people are still walking around & the atmosphere is magical. Kiss Goodnight is a bonus. :mickey:

KatrinaJ91
06-27-2011, 09:41 PM

I agree...but I will add eating around the world too! We love to spend an entire day just relaxing, walking around the countries sampling both food and drink! My fav place to stop is in the UK to have a pint of Stella and some fish & chips and just sit for awhile to people watch!

KatrinaJ91
06-27-2011, 09:45 PM
In the Magic Kingdom, we also love to relax on the TTA!

MrPeetrie
06-28-2011, 06:43 AM
Have a couple of favorite "relaxing" places:

The boat ride from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney.
The boat ride back and forth from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom.
The monorail ride to Epcot.

But, my most relaxing location is the little table area behind the Flame Tree Barbeque. I love to take a pork shoulder sandwich, walk down near the water, and just soak in the atmosphere. It's a great place to relax.

syndrome
06-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Here are the places DS and I relax in each park:
--MK: a ride on the TTA....it is my favorite!
--Epcot: upstairs in the Electric Umbrella for dinner....excellent escape!
--AK: watching DS have a blast in the Boneyard
--HS: eating a churro for a much needed snack!

luvdiznee
06-28-2011, 07:14 AM
The hammocks at CBR! :cloud9:

MrPeetrie
06-28-2011, 08:27 PM
--Epcot: upstairs in the Electric Umbrella for dinner....excellent escape!

I didn't know Electric Umbrella HAD an upstairs!!! How do you get to it?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

sixshot19
06-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Relaxing, usually empty, and cool....The Carousel of progress.

And you can't beat the song.....It's a great big beutiful tomorrow....

Taam Hamms
06-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Yess!!

snowflakegirl
06-29-2011, 07:38 PM
A savannah view balcony in a room at AKL with a glass of wine.

In the parks: On the TTA in the Magic Kingdom or sitting somewhere in Adventureland with a Dole Whip. In Epcot I love sitting next to the tank at the Living Seas (I could stay there for hours). In Animal Kingdom, wandering the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

luvdiznee
06-30-2011, 06:52 AM
A savannah view balcony in a room at AKL with a glass of wine.

Or one of their Mango Smoothies. :marg::cloud9:

MushuGrl
06-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Mine is the spot between The Land and Journey into the Imagination, where the jumping waters are. I just love to sit and watch the kids play and usually, I'm eating something. (Coinkidink it's near a snack cart....)

IamBelle
06-30-2011, 12:09 PM
My favorite relaxing place is sitting by the pool in the lounge chairs at All Star Music. The best time is at night when there is not that many people in the pool...I usually wait for my laundry and just relax. :)

DNS
07-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Most of Animal Kingdom where you can find shade.

indytraveler
07-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Having an ice cream cone on Main St. after a long a busy day. Watching the people move out the park in an orderly fashion. Also a great place to people watch and see who had a great day or not.

BrerSchultzy
07-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Upstairs at Columbia Harbor House.

Still, to this day, on the most crowded of days, you still can have your own room up there.

we also discovered on this trip that if it's not crowded, your pregnant wife and 3 year old son can catch a brief nap in the First aid station waiting room at MK.

mymickeymouse
07-04-2011, 03:00 AM
On a park bench on sunset blvd with:beer: in hand,people watching!!!!

kemps@wdw
07-07-2011, 12:31 AM
one of my faves that comes to mind is in a rocking chair on the front porch @ Crockett's Tavern @ FW.

07-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Transit Authority (People Mover)

honorable mentions:
Wilderness Lodge lobby
path between Liberty Square and Adventureland.

DisneyorBust
07-07-2011, 11:16 AM
DW and I like to relax on a bench at the Germany Pavillion with an adult beverage :beer: and watch the 'World' go by.

Mogie
07-07-2011, 12:33 PM
I took a loooooong much needed nap at the Little Mermaid puppet show. Pitch black with the neon color puppets and music put me right out.