PDA

View Full Version : Is the traveling ghost back?

Luv4WDW
03-16-2011, 04:08 PM
I was just wondering if the traveling ghost is back at the end of the Haunted Mansion or if it is still a black screen. If they're still working on it, does anybody know when it will be done? Just curious as that's one of my favorite rides and I hope it's in full working order when I go in May!

Joannelet
03-16-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't believe it's working just yet.
Does anyone know why they are changing that part?
I know that there is also going to be an arrow displayed on the doom buggies (or so I hear) as you exit.....and that the hitchhiking ghosts won't be sitting next to you anymore...
I'm going in May too!!! It should be done by then I hope!

mainemajor
03-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Now there is a screen that shows three ghosts trying to hitch a ride. Hopefully when the renovations are done they are back

ljgirl
03-16-2011, 09:52 PM
The screen was still there as of Monday. No hitch hiking ghosts. Big bummer! There is a hand that flashes on the back of the doom buggy in front of you to point you in the direction to get off. It was cool. I am glad to see them making changes. It had been the same since I first went in 1975! I do miss the hitchhikers though. I will never forget them from the first time I rode that ride!

Joannelet
03-17-2011, 08:26 AM
I agree the hitch hiking ghosts were something my siblings and I were always thinking about. I am going to miss them in the car with me but I'm thinking what they are doing with it will be cool. Thanks for the arrow update. I feel like. I have seen that before. I wonder if they do that in Cali.

MOJoe
03-17-2011, 10:22 AM
From what i have read, the "new" ghosts will not merely be added to your reflection as the original ones were. The new ghosts will know how many people are in your buggy, thus allowing them to be seated next to you every time, and not on top of you in some cases. Also, they will be able to interact with you, doing things like putting a hat on your head, sticking their finger in your ear, and so on. It really sounds cool. Hope it's up and going in May! :ghost::paranoid::ghost:

Goofster
03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
When we there a few weeks ago, it was a black screen but the "new" ghosts were on top of the screen following the car and waving. It looked like a temporary thing.

DreamFinder2
03-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Nope...as of Tuesday it was still a black screen. I did notice many small video cameras mounted into the wall above the temporary black curtain (so they're pointing at your doombuggy). I don't remember if they were there before, or are part of the new refurb.

I did manage to sneak a small peak at the new queue area, too...looks very cool! Most, if not all, of the original gravestones just to the left as you enter are still there, too.

CaptainSad
03-18-2011, 03:16 PM
The projection of the green hand on the back of the Doombuggy's has been there for a few months now. It was there when I was down the first week of December.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-19-2011, 09:00 PM
I just saw a video clip of some of the changes and it looks like it's going to be really cool. They will have an interactive section while waiting to get in too. I think they've already implimented that part because the clip said that they took the wall down, worked all night and have the changes in place before opening the next morning. So if the ghosts aren't back, they should be soon.

Jillirose
03-19-2011, 09:37 PM
I always thought they should take pics of the hitchhiking ghosts - that is a picture I would actually buy!

Melanie
03-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Still the temp screen as of today.

And yes, the pointing hand has been there for many months.

Cjsmom1811
03-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Ugh, talking about the interaction part kinda gives me flash backs! My first trip was when I was in 5th grade. When getting on HM we were at the front of the line and the very next people to enter the building. The guy at the door scared me and kept teasing me, giving me creepy looks. Gives me chills to this day haha! Definatly a fave family story.

Im going in June with my boyfriend. I hope that all is done by that time, or most of it! I havent been to WDW since 2006! I cant wait to see the changes, though I will miss the original!

KylesMom
03-21-2011, 04:48 PM
I am glad to see them making changes. It had been the same since I first went in 1975! Actually, a huge refurb took place during the summer of 2007 where much of the HM was changed - beginning with the entrance as you leave the loading area, then the staircase, Madame Leota effects, attic scene, etc. While some of the elements stayed the same, the overhaul was substantial. I can't wait to see what the interactive ghosts will be doing when it's complete! :mickey:

Melanie
03-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Actually, a huge refurb took place during the summer of 2007 where much of the HM was changed - beginning with the entrance as you leave the loading area, then the staircase, Madame Leota effects, attic scene, etc. While some of the elements stayed the same, the overhaul was substantial. I can't wait to see what the interactive ghosts will be doing when it's complete! :mickey:

Actually, a huge refurb took place during the summer of 2007 where much of the HM was changed - beginning with the entrance as you leave the loading area, then the staircase, Madame Leota effects, attic scene, etc. While some of the elements stayed the same, the overhaul was substantial. I can't wait to see what the interactive ghosts will be doing when it's complete! :mickey:

Absolutely! They did a great job on the refurb. The bride room is my favorite!

The MK HM is probably the only attraction with a counterpart at Disneyland that I prefer the MK version. It's so well done.