PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom & Coronado

dizzy123
03-16-2011, 12:56 PM
We stayed at Animal Kingdom and Coronado Springs Resort last week. LOVED Animal Kingdom - staff was great, rooms were awesome and resort had lots of extra touches to make the stay truly magical. We also stayed at Coronado Springs to save money. It's been remodeled and looks great! I'd highly recommend both. :mickey:
For quick dining however, I would not dine at the Coronado in the Pepper Market. Horrible food and very rude staff. Our waitress dropped the bill and demanded a tip before we even had a chance to open our wallets! :mad:

faline
03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
We like both resorts as well! I also agree with your assessment of Pepper Market - the last time we stayed at Coronado Springs - we never set foot in the place!

buzz2001
03-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Glad you enjoyed CSR. There have been rumors for years floating around that the Pepper Market would be changed into a Boma style restaurant. The people that run the PM also run the Mexican pavilion restaurants at epcot. The food choices are not as good as they used to be (before the DDP) but I still enjoy it. I believe the DDP killed the quality of many WDW restaurants.

Joannelet
03-16-2011, 08:38 PM
I am so excited to stay in AKL in May! Thanks for your positive report on it!

JPL
03-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I have to agree about Pepper Market! Food was mediocre at best and the waitresses and waiters who really do next to nothing are extremely rude and pushy about their tips. The set up is also terrible for families! When I was there with my cousin and her 5 year oldtwin boys it was very difficult to get our food and their food and actually eat it since we couldn't leave them unsupervised at the table.

Melanie
03-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Love AKL, love CSR, and have always had good experiences at Pepper Market. Sorry you didn't!

Fastpasssteve
03-17-2011, 03:43 AM
Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge is my favorite. I really enjoyed my stay there this last October. So warm and cozy.

BelleBeauty
03-17-2011, 10:02 AM
How do think Pepper Market compares to the food courts at any of the value resorts. That is what we are used to. Obviously not fine dining or anything, but after a few hectic minutes able to get something fast and eat it. Better or worse? We are going to CSR for the first time in November.

Mousemates
03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
How do think Pepper Market compares to the food courts at any of the value resorts. That is what we are used to. Obviously not fine dining or anything, but after a few hectic minutes able to get something fast and eat it. Better or worse? We are going to CSR for the first time in November.

higher prices, lower quality, disinterested waitstaff....and on our trip very poor "food prep area" hygiene...will gladly go back to CSR, but will not return to PM.

MNNHFLTX
03-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Two of my favorite resorts! Both have such a unique ambience!

We like both resorts as well! I also agree with your assessment of Pepper Market - the last time we stayed at Coronado Springs - we never set foot in the place! :ditto:

JPL
03-17-2011, 10:47 AM
higher prices, lower quality, disinterested waitstaff....and on our trip very poor "food prep area" hygiene...will gladly go back to CSR, but will not return to PM.

I would also add that you have to run from station to station and the wait times at each station may vary depending on what they are serving and the people waiting for their food at that station.

For example my last experience I was waiting for my food at a station and while I was waiting my cousin got her twins their food without much wait by the time I got my food the twins were done and she went to get her food. By the time she got her food all 3 of us at the table were done eating and she hadn't even started. So she had to eat with 2 5 year olds ready to go have fun! Ok and maybe one adult who was also ready to go :blush: Very bad set up for groups and families.

buzz2001
03-17-2011, 01:04 PM
I would also add that you have to run from station to station and the wait times at each station may vary depending on what they are serving and the people waiting for their food at that station.That's what good about it. Most items are made fresh. I agree it is not a great set up for guests with young kids because someone has to stay back at the table with them. But for a family like mine with an older child, it works very well.

Granny Jill A
03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
I've only stayed at CSR. Thought the resort was GORGEOUS, but the Pepper Market format is less than wonderful.

Food was mediocre and expensive.
Standing in line for all the different stations was time-consuming.
Food was cold by the time we reached our table.

Like the resort - do not like PM.

AllDisney
03-17-2011, 03:54 PM
We've stayed at both AKL & CSR. Love both resorts. AKL being our favorite.

We've dined at both places & had good service at Pepper Market the time we were there:mickey: Sorry your experience wasn't fine:(