PDA

View Full Version : Roaring Fork?

ryca1dreams
03-16-2011, 10:41 AM
In the pre-planning stages and looking for a QS for lunch in the MK area (resorts included). I'm considering Roaring Fork, but could not find the menu.

Can anyone tell me what it is like? What other QS could you compare it to?

Thanks in advance.

BraddyB
03-16-2011, 10:53 AM
It's kind of small. One order area has burgers, chicken nuggets, flatbread pizza, fries. The other order area has salads and couple different deli style sandwiches. Also have soup, chili, desserts.

If you are going to be in the MK that day, I would probably just eat inside there. Either the Columbia Harbour House or Pecos Bills.

I love the Wilderness Lodge but the only reason we ate at Roaring Forks was because we were staying there. I wouldnt make the trip over for a CS meal.

KylesMom
03-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Roaring Fork is a typical resort CS place. The food service area is small, but they have an adjacent sitting room where you can eat. They also have limited seating outside if you're of a mind to do so.

Food options include pre-made gourmet sandwiches (similar to Panera offerings), along with your typical grill items of burgers, flatbreads & chicken tenders. Honestly, if you were going to tour the lodge & then grab a quick bite, this might fit the bill. However, if you're just looking for a place outside MK to eat CS, I don't know that I'd travel that far. I would suggest that the QS at CR on the 4th floor has a greater variety on their menu & it wouldn't take you quite as far away from the park.

laprana
03-16-2011, 11:52 AM
I would suggest that the QS at CR on the 4th floor has a greater variety on their menu & it wouldn't take you quite as far away from the park.

I totally agree with this! The Contempo Cafe at the CR is great, has a wide variety of menu items above and beyond just burgers and fries, and you can walk to the CR from MK really easily! Or, if you'd prefer to hop on the monorail, Captain Cook's at the Poly is good and has a decent variety of food. Plus, they have a self-serve Dole Whip machine! :tasty:

Roaring Fork is good, but like others have said it's pretty basic fare, nothing spectacular.