PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Point Hotels

DisnIse
03-16-2011, 09:37 AM
We're NOT going to Disney for summer vacation this year, to which I'm already having anxiety attacks.
We are going to do a few days at Cedar Point, though, and we've never been there before.

I think we're going to stay at Lighthouse Point, in one of the cottages. Has anyone stayed there before?

Does anyone have any other recommendations? There are five of us, and my boys are 12, and 8 year old twins. More square footage per room is very good for us!

teamblackwell
03-16-2011, 12:02 PM
2 years ago I stayed at the Breakers and really enjoyed it. My room looked out onto the park which was very cool. 3 minute walk to the park from Breakers. plus staying on property you get in CP 1 hour before public. I was able to ride Top Fuel and Millenium Force several times before the hoards of people flooded the park. Never stayed at Lighthouse.

DisnIse
03-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Thank you!!!

Niecyboo
03-19-2011, 11:20 PM
We stayed at Castaway Bay once, and it was very nice. They have Peanuts characters, and a giant indoor water park. The only thing is we stayed during spring break and weren't doing Cedar Point. I would say it was only worth it if you had a couple of days to spend at Castaway Bay itself.

And yes, I want to call it Castaway Cay when I talk about it. LOL. Disney of the brain.

thrillme
03-28-2011, 03:31 PM
My son and I had a blast when we went but...be prepared to "wait". The lines can get quite lengthy.

I "think" there's a "special" ticket you can buy like a season pass that will get you in early. Depending on how many days you want to spend it may be a worthy investment.

A "nice" thing too is if you want to get away for a bit. You can step off to the "beach"...well sorta a beach...it's a sandy shore for one of the great lakes. I don't know what you call it but it sorta looks like a beach. Nice for relaxing a bit.