PDA

View Full Version : How would YOU feel about a Spa at the Disneyland Resort?

BrerGnat
03-15-2011, 09:27 PM
So, the other day, I got an email survey from DLR. After answering some questions about our recent stay at Grand Californian (back in December), the questions started asking all about how I would feel about a Full Service Spa "in a central location" at the Disneyland Resort. In addition to asking about a full service spa, they asked about "Express Spa" locations in the THEME PARKS as well as "other locations within the resort". These express spa locations would offer short duration (15 min) massages and facials.

So, what does everyone think about this? Where might a full service spa go? Downtown Disney? The Disneyland hotel? And what about these "express spa" locations in the PARKS? Any opinions?

It sounds like they have put a lot of thought into this, judging by how extensive they went into the different treatments they might offer, and prices, etc.

Carol
03-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Isn't there still a Mandara Spa at the Grand Californian?

BrerGnat
03-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Yes, Carol, there is, but it's not a true "full" spa. It lacks stuff like whirlpools, and really doesn't have a nice waiting area at all. It's essentially a bunch of rooms off a hallway. VERY small.

I think they are thinking along the lines of the spa at the Saratoga Springs, or the GF spa. Something like that.

Plus, Mandara isn't Disney. Disney only gets money by leasing the space in the Grand Californian Hotel. They don't make money off the spa otherwise.