PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for a little pixie dust please...

TheVBs
03-15-2011, 02:13 PM
This morning I learned of a really horrific animal abuse case, not far from our home. I won't give the details because they're very disturbing. It's like something you'd read about in a serial killer novel. The person, or people, responsible have not been caught, and I'm having a very hard time coping with the news. I'm donating to the reward, and I'm hoping my neighbors and local business owners will too. The sooner this disturbed individual is caught the better! :(

BluewaterBrad
03-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Catch the sick scumbag, and if possible make the body (or bodies) disappear. These sick people (like child molesters) CAN'T be rehabilitated!!! It is up to the community to dole out punishment. Keep vigilant, and keep silent once the deed is done. Trust me.

deedeebee
03-15-2011, 05:44 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:feel better

Madame Leona
03-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Is it the case of the two dogs that were kidnapped and tortured? It absolutely makes me sick. There have been far too many dogs being abused in our area lately.

TheVBs
03-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Is it the case of the two dogs that were kidnapped and tortured? It absolutely makes me sick. There have been far too many dogs being abused in our area lately.

Yes, that's the one. :( It is sickening, and it's haunting me. I've donated to the Humane Society's Cruelty Fund, but I will not sleep well until this sicko is caught.

BluewaterBrad, you're absolutely right, there is no trace of humanity in someone who could do what was done to these poor animals. Someone who would do that to any living thing... would do that to ANY living thing.

lettripp
03-16-2011, 07:09 AM
I just looked up the case... what a sick menace to society. What leads a person to do something so terrible????

And that poor girl who had to watch. She is never going to be the same :(

Obviously sending pixie dust to you! I hope you feel a lot better! I also think it should be shared with the dog owners and that poor girl... :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

TheVBs
03-16-2011, 07:54 AM
I just looked up the case... what a sick menace to society. What leads a person to do something so terrible????

And that poor girl who had to watch. She is never going to be the same :(

Obviously sending pixie dust to you! I hope you feel a lot better! I also think it should be shared with the dog owners and that poor girl... :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Thank you! Although it sounds like you may have been reading about another case (how horrible that there are probably many out there:(). As far as I know there were no witnesses to this crime and they're still relying on the tip hotline.

Dulcee
03-16-2011, 07:59 AM
Its so disturbing when something like this comes to light because one can't help but wonder what the responsible individual is capable of. Cruelty to animals in the US is severely under punished. Its often an act that's a precursor to child abuse.

Our dog is a result of a cruelty seizure and while she still shies away from large men she doesn't know and can't stand the sound of anything that resembles a gunshot, she's happy and healthy and knowing that I've made a difference often helps me when reading such stories. My Fiance and I now volunteer with her rescue group on a daily basis and it is an extremely rewarding part of my life.

If you are truly that affected by what you read look into volunteering with your local shelter, spca or rescue group. Monetary donations are fantastic and so very necessary but these groups are also always in need of an extra set of hands. Whether its to spend an hour on a saturday helping with walks, cleaning cages or making the general public aware of animal abuse in their community, maybe finding an outlet to elicit change will help you feel more capable of changing outcomes such as the one you read.

lettripp
03-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Thank you! Although it sounds like you may have been reading about another case (how horrible that there are probably many out there:(). As far as I know there were no witnesses to this crime and they're still relying on the tip hotline.

Oops! I'm sorry. I found the case in Michigan - equally as sad and awful :-( It just makes it all the more disturbing that two similar cases happened in one week!!!

MNNHFLTX
03-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Unfortunately, there are way too many of these types of incidents happening all across the country. Like you, it is difficult for me to even think about what these poor animals endure, but we have to step up to protect these innocent creatures amongst us who cannot speak up for themselves. :pixie:

TheVBs
03-16-2011, 12:53 PM
It is true that these things happen far more often than most of us are aware of. It's very hard to deal with when you become aware of a case. And, admittedly, this hit me harder because it's close to home, the person responsible is still on the loose, and there's no reason to believe this person won't attack another animal or a person.

I realize how naive this is going to sound, but I wonder if the FBI gets notified about this kind of thing. It's possible that something worse will follow. There should be a way for local and federal law enforcement to track these things.

I also really appreciate the suggestion to volunteer. It's something I've seriously considered in the past, but I know myself well enough to know two things. First, I could not function if I saw that kind of suffering first hand. Second, I would end up with lots of animals in my home. :blush:

Dulcee
03-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Second, I would end up with lots of animals in my home. :blush:

Its without a doubt the hardest part! Its amazing that our home hasn't turned into a zoo yet. I'm lucky my fiance puts his foot down now and again. :blush::secret: