PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Gottfried

LibertyTreeGal
03-15-2011, 11:38 AM
I see Aflac just fired Gilbert Gottfried (the voice of the duck) over his seriously uncompassionate Japan tweets (75% of their business is in Japan) and since he is the voice of Iago I was wondering if there would be any Disney ramifications. Not saying there should or should not be -- just curious.

I just looked and I guess Stitch is in the Tokyo version of the Tiki Room, so maybe there will be no effect at all.

brad192
03-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Well, if the rumours are true in another thread here about the Tiki Room going back to it's original show, I guess Disney will be "firing" him as well! ;) We can only hope - that voice is obnoxious...:sick:

BraddyB
03-15-2011, 12:23 PM
I really dont understand why they fired him. Ok before I get lectured I understand the jokes were in poor taste. BUT Aflac hired Gilbert, it's not like they didnt know what they were getting. It's what he does. It shouldn't have been a surprise. But the question is why now, nothing was said when he made comments about a dead comedian or a comedian who tried to commit suicide.

Granny Jill A
03-15-2011, 01:58 PM
He doesn't have a working filter on his brain, so whatever he thinks just drops out of his mouth, or onto a keypad. This ability to Tweet your every thought is a bad idea, Gilbert.

Buh bye.

cer
03-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Well, if the rumours are true in another thread here about the Tiki Room going back to it's original show...

How cool would that be? Please bring back the original Tiki Room Show!

LibertyTreeGal
03-15-2011, 02:09 PM
I really dont understand why they fired him. .

Pure economics, 75% of Aflac's business is in Japan.

BraddyB
03-15-2011, 02:41 PM
75% of business or not, they knew what they got when they hired him. He makes jokes about jewish people and the holocaust, that didnt stop them from hiring him.

Gilbert also isnt the voice of the Aflac duck in Japan.

I am not saying what he did was right, but he is known for stepping over the line, why enforce now.

brivers222
04-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Does anyone know when the Tiki Room "old management" will be back up and running???

KylesMom
04-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know when the Tiki Room "old management" will be back up and running???
Well, right now it's just a rumor - nothing confirmed. However, I believe the new reopening date of Tiki Room is July 1 or thereabouts.

Ramblingman
04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Guess I'll chime in with my thoughts.

They had to have known what they were getting when they signed him. What he said was not truly that bad. I've seen a lot of the tweets, and they are jokes he was trying out to see if they would fit in his stand up routines. He has done this many times in the past. Granted they were not all funny, but that is why he tests them out.

It smacks of PC to me, and I don't like that kind of knee jerk reaction. However, they have the freedom to fire him if they want.