PDA

View Full Version : Wild Africa Trek and other Tours

BayLaker25
03-14-2011, 01:30 PM
We are planning on going to Disney in October and we're thinking about doing a couple of tours in the parks while we are there. The one tour I really want to do is the Wild Africa Trek and had a couple questions:

1.) Does anyone know how much it costs because it says call for a price?

2.) Anyone who has done it, is it worth the money and would you do it again?

3.) Are there only certain times of the day that they run the tours or are they running tours whole time the park is open?

Also would anyone recommend doing any of the other tours? I think we might do the Behind the Seeds tour also; thanks for your help!

Strmchsr
03-14-2011, 04:11 PM
The reason it says call for pricing is they are probably deciding whether to up the price or not. The released at an introductory price of $125, but that may or may not go up. My DS and I really enjoyed it as he's an animal freak. I would say it's worth it, but be aware it is physically demanding and you shouldn't be afraid of heights as they dangle you out over an enclosure a couple of times.

The Behind the Seeds tour is fun and educational.

My favorite tour is DiveQuest, but if you're not scuba certified, AquaSeas tour is also excellent.

MarkC
03-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Can you clarify how physically demanding, and how high do they dangle you over the animals? Can you compare it to Soarin or the old Skyway to Tomorrowland ride? As for physically demanding, I can walk for hours-- I guess it can't be too bad if they allow kids as young as 8. Just curious and thanks for the help.

mickey_M_lvr
03-14-2011, 04:21 PM
When I called for prices for Sept they told me that they estimate it being $189 per person. :jaw:

But I understand it is a good 4 hours and you get some really cool experiences.

Hope this helps a little.

faline
03-14-2011, 06:16 PM
I've read the prices will be adjusted seasonally.

While I've not been on it, I did understand that, at times, you need to clip onto safety lines and, if you have a camera, you need to be sure you can secure it to your person.

JPL
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Just another note on the price it does include a Photopass CD and I believe you cna put all your pictures on it not just the ones taken on the tour :thumbsup:

A cheaper alternative to the Wild Africa Trek is the Backstage Safari which is a really fun and informative tour that takes you behind the scenes of the Animal Kingdom

BayLaker25
03-15-2011, 10:41 AM
I think my wife may have a little problem with the height in Wild Africa Trek but I think she will get over it especially if she gets to see a Giraffe up close....Plus she wont do the DiveQuest which we would have to get certified but I would love to do it. We are def going to do the behind the seeds tour since it is so cheap. If the Wild Africa Trek is too expensive maybe we will look into the Backstage Safari...Thanks for the help!

AXOAlum
03-15-2011, 11:28 AM
My parents did the backstage safari years ago & really enjoyed it. They felt the price was very good for the experience, and they didn't have to worry about heights! I think the Wild Africa Trek would be amazing, but I don't have that kind of cash!

Ms. Mode
03-15-2011, 02:23 PM
We did the Backstage Tour in January; it was wonderful and well worth the money! :mickey:

Stickey
03-15-2011, 03:57 PM
We liked the Wild Africa Trek in January. It was at an introductory price of $129, however, it was scheduled to change by the season. The group size is limited, you will want to call for available times.

The Trek included two suspension bridges and you were connected to a zip-line. It was not extremely high. Giraffes were not in that area of the safari. :gator:

The Backstage Safari was also worthwhile.

HoosierDisneyFan
03-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Be careful there is a weight limit (310 pounds I believe) for this tour.

BayLaker25
03-17-2011, 08:25 AM
I saw that weight limit somewhere, we wont have a problem with that at all...that is per person right? not for the total of 2 people?

MarkC
03-17-2011, 10:38 AM
That would have to be per person. If it was per couple, 99% of Americans would be eliminated.

BayLaker25
03-17-2011, 02:58 PM
That is what I thought but sometimes you never know I just wanted to check, I've seen some things have a 150lb limit per person and that cuts out a lot of people.