PDA

View Full Version : Japan Pavilion...what's the atmosphere like right now?

azcavalier
03-14-2011, 01:21 PM
I was just wondering if there has been any discernible difference at the Japan Pavilion after the earthquake/tsunami devastation.

Melanie
03-14-2011, 03:01 PM
I would truly doubt you'd see any change in disposition from the Japanese CMs, as their demeanor is always calm and professional, no matter the circumstances.

Silver_Surfer
03-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Why are the workers really from Japan? I thought they were just Japanese people working there like other restaurant?
If so I'm guessing all the different countries are similar? This will be my first trip to DW in May.

Melanie is correct! I do know the Japanese and have worked with them here and their.

Silver_Surfer
03-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Why are the workers really from Japan? I thought they were just Japanese people working there like other restaurant?
If so I'm guessing all the different countries are similar? This will be my first trip to DW in May.

Melanie is correct about their demeanor is always calm and professional!
I do know the Japanese and have worked with them here and their and was always amazed .

Disreguard my above post:ill:

brivers222
03-17-2011, 12:14 PM
I agree with Melanie. I work with a Japanese company whos world headquarters is in Tokyo. Even though many work colleeges (sp?) and friends over here in the US have ties to people over in Japan they are calm and collected (on the outside at least) on the business front. We just managed to bring a lot of our workers back to the US as of yesterday... the reuniting of the families is where you see most of the emotional toll from the continuing disaster. I have to give them credit on the business front... they are STRONG individuals... I am not sure if i could stay as strong if my family was directly involved... its hard enough just knowing some people involved.

Joannelet
03-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I was wondering the same thing considering some are college programmers who are here for a full year...I feel so bad for those kids who may have family involved in all of this. I am sure Disney is doing something for them.

ransam
03-17-2011, 02:07 PM
I was actually wondering the same thing.

malip
03-22-2011, 10:39 AM
We were there last Tuesday and everyone was going about their business as usual. Nothing to indicate the Tsunami anywhere.

RBrooksC
03-22-2011, 12:17 PM
The last thing Disney would want is for the pavilion to be a "downer" for people. WDW is supposed to be an escape. While the situation over in Japan is tragic and should never be discounted, to change anything at Epcot would take away from the celebration of that Country and their culture.

CosmicRay
03-25-2011, 05:41 PM
I read a story about Tokyo Disneyland where they took care of CM's with family members involved in the tsunami. I would think they would have done the same for those in the states...I hope.
I don't know if I can post a link to the story, but basically, they let them go home if they needed/wanted and told them they will have a job when they come back.