PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Online Dining - Please Help...

DizneyFreak2002
03-13-2011, 03:47 PM
For months, I have been trying to use Disney World's online diing section to no avail... I click on Where To Eat... On the right had side, where the date and time choices are, the link to click "Search For Table" is not highlighted and does not allow me to click on it... I cannot choose the date I am looking for by clicking the calendar icon.. I can type in the date, I can select the time, and I can shoose the amount of guests... But I cannot search for a table...

On the home page, where you can choose what you are looking for (packages, hotels, dining, or tickets), if I select dining, I can choose the location, click the calendar to choose my date, select dining time and party size, but when I click "Search for Table" the next screen is blank, just remains blue (or the sky background as it appears) and no list of restaurants come up..

I use IE8.. I installed the latest edition of Flash... I installed the latest edition of Java... Nothing works... Anyone have any ideas???

princessjojo
03-13-2011, 05:11 PM
I used it again today to make adjustments to some of our ressies with no problems. I place the cursor on the "where to eat" tab on the top right but do not click, as in with a drop-down box. A list of options opens and I clicked on "make dining reservations" which takes me to another page allowing me to put in my dining choices, dates and times. From there, I was able to put in any of the variables I wanted and press "search for table."

Not quite sure why it won't work for you, but I've used it twice now today with no problems.

DizneyFreak2002
03-13-2011, 05:18 PM
I used it again today to make adjustments to some of our ressies with no problems. I place the cursor on the "where to eat" tab on the top right but do not click, as in with a drop-down box. A list of options opens and I clicked on "make dining reservations" which takes me to another page allowing me to put in my dining choices, dates and times. From there, I was able to put in any of the variables I wanted and press "search for table."

Not quite sure why it won't work for you, but I've used it twice now today with no problems.

People on other sites are telling me the same thing, it works for them, even just testing it... The site hasn't worked for me since they upgraded their systems last year... AGH, this is frustrating lol...

VWL Mom
03-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Have you tried clearing cache, cookies, and history? Sometimes it can be remembering an old page and can't find a new one.

DizneyFreak2002
03-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Have you tried clearing cache, cookies, and history? Sometimes it can be remembering an old page and can't find a new one.

Did that... same issue... just tested it with my parents' laptop and it worked... but my desktop doesn't want to cooperate... Hmmm... :confused:

Basket Mommy
03-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Quit using IE. Download Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. I cannot tell you how many problems IE has given me over the years! I use Google Chrome and haven't had a problem booking any dining on the site. My only problem is that I have too many favorite places to eat and not enough meals! ; )

DizneyFreak2002
03-14-2011, 12:47 AM
Basket Mommy, IE wasn't the problem... I was having the same problem on Firefox and Chrome..

You all are going to laugh... But I figured out the issue with the Disney Online Dining site.... I have a program called AD MUNCHER, which blocks ads on websites so the sites load faster... Well, a recent update blocked the Disney site... When I have Ad Muncher enabled, the dining site does not work for me... When I disable it, the site works as it is supposed to... I never had an issue at the beginning with this program.. Guess I need a new Ad blocker that won't interfere with Disney Online dining LOL..
Thanks for your help everyone... I appreciate it...