PDA

View Full Version : eBay?

wedrod
03-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Has anyone rented a stay at a DVC resort on eBay? If so how was your experience on the transaction?

JPL
03-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Being a member I never rented points through Ebay or any any other method but I am somewhat familiar with how it works. You are basically trusting the member to book your trip in your name using their points. Then sending you the information such as confirmation number and booking your DME if you are planning on using it. It really is a big matter of trust and I would say more so with Ebay since the trip can take place past the time you can file complaints through Ebay or PayPal.

iloveokw
03-24-2011, 05:01 PM
There is a post on another board about someone who did this, but now the person they rented from has "disappeared" from ebay and has removed his facebook page. So they are worried about their reservation.

You have to be very careful, it is a matter of trust and you have no control over your reservation and DVC will not get involved or even talk to you if you have a problem. The person you rent from has to add the dining plan and/or Magical Express for you.