PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe or Sanaa?

Crow
03-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Friday March 18th. have ADR for Cape May @520. never ate there. originally we thought of going to Epcot or DHS afterwards, but we will be in Epcot the day before
I figure we will goto AK that day in the morning. Im not sure if she would like the Sanaa offerings but I have never eaten there either.
i like all kinds of food including seafood. she likes pasta, chicken wings, tacobell..not as much seafood.
should we keep CapeMay or try Sanaa for lunch then just snack later?

crazygoalie39
03-12-2011, 05:05 PM
I've never been to Sanaa, but we really like Cape May and is definitely more my taste of food.

PopeCharming
03-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Eh. the Cape May Cafe was the only sit-down place I've been to in the last two trips that left me feeling underwhelmed. The seafood wasn't anything spectacular, and if crab legs aren't your thing, you may be disappointed with the options for landlubbers. Moreover, because the buffet (at least when I went) did sittings, it meant that the buffet got very crowded very quickly. This usually isn't a problem for Disney buffets, but this one doesn't quite have the boundless options and sprawling space that Chef Mickey's, or Crystal Palace, or Boma have.

I've never been, but I'd try Sanaa- you'll get food that's a bit more exotic, you'll spend time in a nice resort (although I do love the Beach Club), and the food comes right to you. I'd go with Sanaa, ultimately- and tell them the Pope sent you.

brownie
03-13-2011, 03:28 PM
I would try Sanaa. We ate there and at Cape May Cafe for dinner for the first time on our last trip. Cape May Cafe was okay. We enjoy breakfast there, but don't feel the need to go back again for dinner.

We really enjoyed Sanaa although I wish it had been light out when we ate there. The food was good. We'll be eating there again, so that's how I voted.

Jared
03-13-2011, 03:34 PM
I like Cape May enough, especially for a buffet, but it's certainly nothing special. It seems nearly everyone agrees that Sanaa is one of the better restaurants on property. I have read almost exclusively positive reviews. I'd give it a chance.

Crow
03-14-2011, 02:02 PM
ok i changed it to lunch at Sanaa to try

DizneyFreak2002
03-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Try Sanaa... you won't be disappointed.. Sanaa became one of my must do's... After only 1 visit... I am planning on booking a meal there for this year... Along with Boma..

ThanxForNoticin
03-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Another thumbs-up for Sanaa. It took us awhile to give it a try. But once we did, we were hooked on the restaurant, the service, and the food. We have eaten there 4 or 5 times now, and we'll certainly get back again soon. Enjoy!

Disney_Barbie
03-17-2011, 02:32 PM
We LOVE Sanaa, one of our favorites!
We've never actually eaten at cape may, but we stay @ the BCV so walk by it regularly, it does not look or smell appealing to us, personally. So I voted for Sanaa, but it's very much a matter of which appeals to you, they're so different I don't think they can really be compared accurately