PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Free Dining - Foo-eee

steamboat willy
03-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Got a FREE DINING offer today in the mail, but it only last through end of August......:(
Our Trip is end of September. Wonder if Disney will extend this offer later to cover our dates?:confused:
Sure would be nice. :mickey:

vicster
03-12-2011, 11:33 AM
They already offered free dining for your dates but you had to book by 12/20/10. Keep your fingers crossed they'll offer it again.

luvdiznee
03-12-2011, 11:45 AM
They already offered free dining for your dates but you had to book by 12/20/10. Keep your fingers crossed they'll offer it again.

Not what I hear.:secret:But please let me be wrong. ;)

kcrc
03-12-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm guessing that Free Dining was a pin code? We're going in June and have NO discounts whatsoever! I would love one of those pin codes!

SuzieBell
03-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Just got my free dining pin code in the mail today!!:cloud9: I just booked Tuesday! Now waiting on MJ to tell me if my calculations are correct! :D

Disney_Barbie
03-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Can I ask if there were black-out dates for this? The reason I ask is that we have our trip booked for the first 2 weeks of August, and to the best of my knowledge, free dining was not originally offered during most of our trip (wouldn't apply to us anyway since we do DVC) BUT, we make an extra effort to book more dining in advance whenever free dining is offered, we only booked a few dinners for this upcoming trip, but if there was free dining offered for this same time period, we might make the effort to plan a bit more (we like to not-plan whenever possible, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right!?!)

vicster
03-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Can I ask if there were black-out dates for this? The reason I ask is that we have our trip booked for the first 2 weeks of August, and to the best of my knowledge, free dining was not originally offered during most of our trip (wouldn't apply to us anyway since we do DVC) BUT, we make an extra effort to book more dining in advance whenever free dining is offered, we only booked a few dinners for this upcoming trip, but if there was free dining offered for this same time period, we might make the effort to plan a bit more (we like to not-plan whenever possible, but you gotta do what you gotta do, right!?!)

We received a pin code the other day for free dining that was good through August 13th.

Disney_Barbie
03-17-2011, 02:17 PM
We received a pin code the other day for free dining that was good through August 13th.

Thanks for the heads-up. Our trip-dates were NOT part of the original free dining that they were offering back in dec, so we figured we were safe. Ahhhh well, I guess we'll just have to buckle-down and plan a tad bit more. THANKS!

spoiledraf
03-17-2011, 10:09 PM
We're going the 7th thru the 12th and have no discounts either. Had to wait for others to determine when they could go. My son got a pin last week but it's not transferable. Sad thing is he got in the system on a vacation I paid for! :-(

waymickey
03-18-2011, 08:41 AM
We are also going August 8-12 and got NO offers at all. We were hoping for free dinning. :(
I don't like that disney has all these offers with black out dates. and then gives out pin codes .
What is the point of the black out dates in the first place? :confused:

chrisie703
03-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Yea, we got one a couple of weeks ago for 4/23-8/13, but we are going March 29 :( It would be nice if we could go again, we'll see. But I'm really disappointed that we can't use it now. What's strange is that they sent it t my husband, but I always book our trips and pay for them with my credit card. :confused:

southerngirl
03-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Same thing happened to me! We're going April 2-7th and just got the same pin code in the mail. It actually came to my sister, who doesn't live with us, but once (about 5 years ago) was an additional person on our reservation, even though she didn't pay. She has received quite a few of these since that trip. My DH and I haven't received a single one, despite the fact that we've taken trips every year and stayed in a Deluxe. I really think a lot of these pin codes are "fishing" to try and get long-lost guests back. No need to do that to the loyal ones of us! We just switched our room from a Disney hotel to the Swan because of the cost difference. Maybe now I'll get lucky and get a discount.

azcavalier
03-23-2011, 09:28 AM
I haven't seen a pin code in years. I guess they feel like they don't need to send us one, as we go every year anyway.