PDA

View Full Version : Sharing the Magic

PrettyMinnie
03-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I am planning on taking a friend to WDW who has only been as a child and only been to MK. She definitely supports my slight Disney obsession (and by slight I mean completely out of control :blush:) but finds it hard to really jump on board with my planning and excitement. I know there are similar threads of members encountering people who are unwilling to understand or are rude about our love for Disney, but this is not the case for me. I just want her to be excited about this trip, after all, she is paying her way (and you guys know, it ain't cheap). So what do you guys do to get others excited who just haven't really experienced the magic yet?

PopPhan
03-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Start with the planning video...That will her how much more there is to WDW than when she was last there.

Then, I might send her to INTERCOT (or some other discussion board - God forbid!! LOL) to read up on what happens without planning. Have her start with the trip reports -- a lot of those have good anecdotes of what happens without doing at least some planning.

Unless you've been there, recently, you really don't get the feel for how big the parks are and how much there is to take in.

giroux28
03-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Went through almost the same thing with the DGF for our trip that we just returned from. Paid her way, was interested and all but called me a dork all the time because of how into the planning and excitement I was.

The best thing I found was to point out the attractions that would best suit her interests, ie for her being Stitch and the MK Mountain Range. And having her look at the maps and make a list of what she thinks looks fun and having me give her a little summary of each ride or show. Definitely helped.

Happy planning! I've only been away from WDW for around 31 hours and I'm already going through withdrawal :(

PrettyMinnie
03-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I will be ordering the planning DVD shortly and maybe the collectible park maps? Not sure if they still do that. Those are more for me anyway. :blush: Hopefully as the trip gets closer, my friend will catch on. With a little persuasion of course. :mickey:

Happy planning! I've only been away from WDW for around 31 hours and I'm already going through withdrawal :(

I know how you feel. :( Start planning a new trip! That always eases me out of my mini, post WDW depression. Hope you had a wonderful time though!