PDA

View Full Version : Warm Weather Get Away

PrettyMinnie
03-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi all! Even though spring is quickly approaching in Pennsylvania, I am still dying to get away to the beach. My friends and I were thinking of taking a long weekend trip around this time next year just to get a taste of summer. I have been doing some research but am a bit overwhelmed with flights, hotels, car rentals etc. It will be four women, the hotel does not have to be anything special but preferably on or very close to the beach. A pool is a MUST. :yay: Decent shopping and restaurants nearby is, as always, a plus. We had talked about south Florida and possibly Puerto Rico but are up for any suggestions. We would be flying out of PHL if that makes any difference. Any suggestions on where to go and when to go would be greatly appreciated!

Shae

disney obsessed
03-10-2011, 06:20 PM
My best advice is to find out where you can fly direct. My flight back from Antigua last month was over 12 hours long. (It took us only 13 to get home from Hawaii several years ago) We booked it because we were desparate to get away and the fare was great. If I had time to really search and not do the last minute thing, flights would be a high priority.

On that long trip home we had a lay over in Puerto Rico and cabbed it into Isla Verde for lunch and to check out the beach. It is lovely. Reminded me of Miami.

NJGIRL
03-10-2011, 06:26 PM
My best advice is to find out where you can fly direct. My flight back from Antigua last month was over 12 hours long. (It took us only 13 to get home from Hawaii several years ago)

I agree about the non stop flying. I just looked into flying to Yellowstone and it will take us 9 hours from Philly! Las Vegas (which is farther) took us 5 hours and Italy took us 8 hours! I think this is a good reason to find somewhere else to go.:(

PrettyMinnie
03-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely look into flights sooner rather than later. I can see how a 13 hour flight can be a but off putting... I am a planner, obviously, so I like to get a head start on things.

diz_girl
03-10-2011, 06:46 PM
How about Disney's Vero Beach Resort? You don't have to be a DVC Member to stay there. Maybe MJ can find you a good deal, as they are offered from time to time.

My SIL stayed there last month and loved the resort and the town of Vero Beach.

PrettyMinnie
03-11-2011, 10:20 PM
How about Disney's Vero Beach Resort? You don't have to be a DVC Member to stay there. Maybe MJ can find you a good deal, as they are offered from time to time.

My SIL stayed there last month and loved the resort and the town of Vero Beach.

I have actually thought about looking in to Vero Beach, but was thinking there may be something cheaper? I have never actually run the numbers so that is a complete assumption.