PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland grand opening?

baby minnie's mommy
03-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Is there any word on how the Fantasyland expansion will be opened, such as a big grand opening like the Harry Potter area at Universal, or in small pieces as it's completed?

I would love to schedule a visit for a grand opening. Although DH would probably not, because of long lines. :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
03-08-2011, 05:30 AM
It'll probably have staggered openings (previews more like) since certain things will be ready before others. Most of the main part of Fantasyland looks to be ready before the Storybook Circus area. When everything is done, I'm sure they will have a big celebration day officially opening everything.

ransam
03-09-2011, 12:22 AM
I just can't wait to see it when it's complete.

AlliMo
03-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Is there any history of Disney opening things sooner than originally anticipated? I heard 2012 but I am hoping for a little preview when I am there this fall :)

WDWfanatic742
03-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Is there any history of Disney opening things sooner than originally anticipated? I heard 2012 but I am hoping for a little preview when I am there this fall :)

There is zero chance that anything will be ready by then...

Jared
03-11-2011, 07:39 AM
There is zero chance that anything will be ready by then...
Pretty amazing to think that the Imagineers built Disneyland in its entirety in fewer than 365 days. It's going to take around three years to build the Snow White mine car ride.

AlliMo
03-11-2011, 10:54 AM
way to crush my hopes and dreams :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
03-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Pretty amazing to think that the Imagineers built Disneyland in its entirety in fewer than 365 days. It's going to take around three years to build the Snow White mine car ride.

Yup it's pretty sad with how much they have to go through just to add something simple, much less demolish and build something brand new on the same land.

way to crush my hopes and dreams :mickey:

It stinks, but it's just one more reason to go again :mickey:

Disney-4-Me
03-11-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm always sad when old rides and attractions close, but I love going back and seeing the new ones.

I'm sure glad I have video of my babies in their diapers peeking out of the submarine windows though, to show them the 'what was'.